Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

Are you happy with how the game launched in EA and how it evolved during the first two months?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

But if we talking about that aı makin trade
Patrician II from 2000 had, arguably, far more advanced trading mechanics and "AI" for its NPC traders, and it wasn't exactly something developed by a huge studio with a big budget, either. Or a game with access to anywhere near the system resources (and development environments) that can be put to use nowadays.

But at least TW is trying for a simulation approach, however it may work right now. That alone deserves accolades in my book, even if I wished things were a bit less... hobbyist level right now.

Unfortunately, this applies to pretty much every game subsystem in Bannerlord right now. The 3d engine is, admittedly, very nice looking, but the rest... eeh.

They now need to focus on the important stuff which is the AI and diplomancy. Doensn´t make a lot of sense to fix other stuff if the basics are still broken.

As to original question, i am having a blast.

I have played around 10 campaigns, which always get cut short by newest patch release. Fight, rise, repeat, re-do xD

LOL -Battle Royale is a mode mate -not a genre defining game mechanic. Take a nap. When you wake up - how bout an answer on what top tier engine could handle M&B's AI battles coupled with FPS action coupled with strategy world map?

I got to disagree, Battle Royal was a mode at some point of its creation, now its a full fledged GENRE.

I got to disagree, Battle Royal was a mode at some point of its creation, now its a full fledged GENRE.
The so-called battle royale 'genre' can only do so much for the AAA companies before eventually going down the abyss. And not too long in the future it will revert back into just another novelty feature for some game as it used to be.

The so-called battle royale 'genre' can only do so much for the AAA companies before eventually going down the abyss. And not too long in the future it will revert back into just another novelty feature for some game as it used to be.

you might be right, or the thing might evolve on itself to the next best thing. Who knows, after all its a player driven economy. If we like something we buy, if we buy, they create and so on and on

Thats true but hardly the point of that debate. We were discussing can AAA companies come in and easily reproduce a masterpiece, one of a kind niche mechanic game -specifically M&B, Arma3, and Swat4. The evolution of the Battle Royale modes (I remember from Arma 2) finally turned into a fully fledged genre but this was done more by who made it the most "accesible" to the masses -not groundbreaking reintroduction of a unique coding mechanic.

I have been fairly critical in the forums but its a shame to see some of the comments here. People saying Rockstar could do this better etc.. Rockstar didn't and their last game "Red Dead Redemption II" I only played for the story maybe 30 hours in total.. It looked nice yeh, but was actually really limited and boring after a while! I have over 600 hours in Bannerlord so It must be a pretty good game and the potential is unbelievable! It will be years before we have a game that will be completely complete, but my god when its done its gonna be epic with all the mods etc! Lets just look forward to that and calm down with the criticism a bit! It is mainly cause everyone has such high hopes for what might be and they are impatient, which is a good problem for a game to have!

I have been fairly critical in the forums but its a shame to see some of the comments here. People saying Rockstar could do this better etc.. Rockstar didn't and their last game "Red Dead Redemption II" I only played for the story maybe 30 hours in total.. It looked nice yeh, but was actually really limited and boring after a while! I have over 600 hours in Bannerlord so It must be a pretty good game and the potential is unbelievable! It will be years before we have a game that will be completely complete, but my god when its done its gonna be epic with all the mods etc! Lets just look forward to that and calm down with the criticism a bit! It is mainly cause everyone has such high hopes for what might be and they are impatient, which is a good problem for a game to have!
Not to be critical about your lifestyle or anything, but how exactly have you managed to play for an average of 10 hours a day every day since release?

Its a good question :grin: And ive actually been working 4.5 days a week during lockdown too.. Often until 7.. It is possible it has been left running in the background some days as I do work at home haha

Last edited:
Not to be critical about your lifestyle or anything, but how exactly have you managed to play for an average of 10 hours a day every day since release?
Have had roughly as much time due to manatory leave at work because of the global hystery of Corvi... you could argue that this fact made BL even more attractive to buy/test than otherwise, because so many ppl had so much time.

Not really the "strangest" thing when you read the title and go through the posts from the beginning. Anyway, I think somewhere in that back and forth there was at least some agreement. Taleworlds and the genre/game type would benefit from some competition. Right now no AAA title or indie company has directly taken interest in the same niche, mostly because it probably doesn't seem profitable. However I would consider that if pop culture (like GoT) continues to move some interest in this direction it may happen.

Lets ignore the last option(17):
765 votes

225+163+84 = 472 likes for game's launch form. (%62 )
45+248 = 293 dislikes for game's launch form. (%38 )

225+45 = 270 likes for the effect of patches on the game. (%35 )
163+248+84 = 495 dislikes for the effect of patches on the game (%65 )

More stable launch with map/modding tools could have affectthis poll positively +%30 in two cases. (with better launch & more content in two months)

Thank the gods someone reminded me about the ability to pick which version of the game I want to play via the Properties/Betas "opt in" drop down tab. I turned off updates after 1.3 destroyed most of my mods and all of my saves. I reverted the game version and I'm playing 1.2.1, all realistic settings, with about 60+ amazing mods and I'm having an absolute blast.

I skip the entire story line and all associated bugs and just start building my fortune and family via mods. No steamrolling, diplomacy options that work, truces and cease fires that hold, intermittent periods where my faction isn't at war at all, fight with friends and get rep with them each battle, garrison management options(mod), fixed spears mod, Arena Experience mod and choosing prizes, having amazing party options when making independent party via the mod, Community Patch fixing lots of broken perks and much more.

I still have some self enforced house rules I use. I never knowingly exploit the weaknesses or limits of AI in battle, arena or in campaign map to keep the experience challenging.

Not having to worry and deal with weekly updates breaking all my mods and losing all my save games. I love it so much. I may play 1.2.1 forever.

Last edited:
Thank the gods someone reminded me about the ability to pick which version of the game I want to play via the Properties/Betas "opt in" drop down tab. I turned off updates after 1.3 destroyed most of my mods and all of my saves. I reverted the game version and I'm playing 1.2.1, all realistic settings, with about 60+ amazing mods and I'm having an absolute blast.

I skip the entire story line and all associated bugs and just start building my fortune and family via mods. No steamrolling, diplomacy options that work, truces and cease fires that hold, intermittent periods where my faction isn't at war at all, fight with friends and get rep with them each battle, garrison management options(mod), fixed spears mod, Arena Experience mod and choosing prizes, having amazing party options when making independent party via the mod, Community Patch fixing lots of broken perks and much more.

I still have some self enforced house rules I use. I never knowingly exploit the weaknesses or limits of AI in battle, arena or in campaign map to keep the experience challenging.

Not having to worry and deal with weekly updates breaking all my mods and losing all my save games. I love it so much. I may play 1.2.1 forever.

Refreshing to hear. Yeah thats probably a real good idea for people who want to have just a straight unhindered playthrough and still use mods (a necessity imo). Im not sure i have the wherewithall to filter out all my mods to the proper build tho...your talking about a pretty old build

Glad you are enjoying you game with extensive collection of mods. The discussion is about customer satisfaction at time of EA and since then, with additional patches. Part of my dissatisfaction has to do with their commitment 3 years ago to have more open communication about development saying that it had been a mistake to remain to quiet about their process and any issue. We’re they more open? Because it seems like there were a lot of development issues in that time if Armagan suggested the game was in near finished state 4 years ago in interviews.

Now that the game is in EA they opted to shut down dev blogs and largely end any communication with customers. Perhaps to remain more unaccountable or to suggest they are nearly finished. This might be fine except there there hasn’t been a lot of progress other than bug fixes. Not in terms of maps, assets, writing, NPCs etc.

So what’s going on? As an EA paying customer I think I should have access to not just the game but more communication about how things are progressing. I’m hoping other areas of game are being worked on other than just bugs and would like to read about it in a continuation of the dev blog posts.

Last edited:
As a former modder of Warband I feel this time around I'm actually getting to enjoy the game ( I'm **** at C#), Mods have definitely made the game more playable, just as they did in Warband. But this IS EA, everyone had a ***** about it taking so long and now they complain that it's not finished in 2 months of Early Release. I'm happy with my purchase and I'm looking forward to what comes next as it develops. As a older gamer who just plays games and doesn't scrutinize them as much as most. I'm happy. Launch was a little nightmareish and the constant patches have now died down. But as others have said, maybe ask the question at the 5 or 6 month stage and feelings could be different.

Sorry for my English, I speak Australian

-Gothy :mrgreen:

As an EA paying customer I think I should have access to not just the game but more communication about how things are progressing.
Exactly sounds like my boss. Ever since WFH starts due to this pandamic, he calls for meeting twice a week to check on progress (previously was once a week). Requested me to provide details, after listing them out, he complained, too technical for him to understand. So, I simplified, he complained, it takes took long to finish such simple features.

Exactly sounds like my boss. Ever since WFH starts due to this pandamic, he calls for meeting twice a week to check on progress (previously was once a week). Requested me to provide details, after listing them out, he complained, too technical for him to understand. So, I simplified, he complained, it takes took long to finish such simple features.

I think it would be better to just announce what is being worked on. It doesn't need to be a dialogue, just tell us what is in the works. The community can argue with each other about how long things SHOULD take, while the programmers just get on with it. If the community doesn't know what is going on, the feeling becomes more negative and people get frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom