Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

Are you happy with how the game launched in EA and how it evolved during the first two months?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I can say this, I liked kingdom come deliverance, who is also made by a small studio, 100× better than bannerlord. I was recommended to this game but personally wont recommend it. Its 2020 and every npc in the game feels like the exact same character- No personality just a scripted model to stand in place and maybe say 10 words in a decade old ui dialogue. Game is worth $10-$15 in current form, which is still too high in my opinion.
Comparing M&B to KDC isn't fair in my opinion. It has better characters and dialogues, but can you form a 500 men army and conquer an entire continent?

Maybe I am just more forgiving because the unpolished and sterile atmosphere of M&B never bothered me that much.

That doesn't mean Bannerlord doesn't need improvements. More dialogues, maybe some voice acting and a few more quests would help a lot. In Warband each King had a rival that you could support who claimed to be the rightful ruler of the kingdom.

I can say this, I liked kingdom come deliverance, who is also made by a small studio, 100× better than bannerlord. I was recommended to this game but personally wont recommend it. Its 2020 and every npc in the game feels like the exact same character- No personality just a scripted model to stand in place and maybe say 10 words in a decade old ui dialogue. Game is worth $10-$15 in current form, which is still too high in my opinion.
i think you are comparing two games that are just not the same they are different studios, different genres they are not two of the same it's like comparing CoD to Battlefield same setting different game while it may be 100x better at somethings it simply does not have certain things bannerlord has as they are two different games i would just wait for bannerlord it's not going to get made quickly it's gonna get made good i waited years for it to get to this stage i can wait longer

LOL. Kingdom Deliverance was unplayable and full of bugs when it was released. I bought it the first day and I was very dissapointed. With time it got better.

LOL. Kingdom Deliverance was unplayable and full of bugs when it was released. I bought it the first day and I was very dissapointed. With time it got better.
hahaha that's true, that guy is either lying, has memory issues or came very late into the party, now he wants to compare it to an EA hahaha
KCD was godamn awful for at least 1 year after release, then it got good. It still isn't "a GEM", it's just okay... What I like about it the most is the combat direction, not so much the execution, it still feels clumsy but I consider it superior to M&B in most regards... Problem is that such a combat system would be incredibly difficult to apply for big battles like we have in BL, also very taxing on the Hardware most likely...

Well, I'm disappointed by the state of the game at release and by the updates. When I read the EA description it seemed that most of the single player experience was already in the game and that just some placeholders and minor features were missing. The campaign can hardly be called a campaign at the moment. Nothing fits together (brother, siblings which need to be rescued?) and the conspiracy quest just breaks the whole late game, if you want to have your own kingdom. I can understand that balancing needs to be done throughout the entirety of EA, but I cannot understand that critical and very simple features like peace negotiations and alliances are missing. Since I'm not interested in multiplayer and being a vassal, the game is pretty much unplayable for me in its current state. There have been enough threads about late game whack-a-mole so I won't go in depths here. It is nice that they are trying to make playing possible for everyone but if all you do in the first two months of your supposedly one year EA is bug fixing to make the game playable at all, then it obviously shouldn't have been released into EA yet. The fact that apparently the game already has almost all of the intended features in the eyes of the Devs and that 1/6th of the EA has already passed makes me very skeptical about the amount of content at release. The battles are fun and the game definitely has its appeal but if it's not gonna be fleshed out much more, it is kind of a rip-off. And saying that mods will fix everything is fine and dandy but that takes even more time and Devs shouldn't rely on it and it shouldn't be an excuse to release a shallow game.

Last edited:
While the updates are quick, there is little attention seemingly placed on late game.

Aside from the issues with diplomacy, what keeps the player engaged after they're the most powerful? They can just fiddle their thumbs and go smithing while their vassals clean up. I'm on my 13th run right now, and I've never played through to the end of the game. Perhaps it's just me, but once I'm stronger than the rest, the lack of challenge and rewards leads me to start a new run instead of seeing it through.
Yes same here! Countless restarts. I like the early part even tho it needs improvement. Once I'm vassal with some fief /own kingdom = Game over. Just amass army and win...

Indie means independent. They don't get their money from a publisher who tells them how to screw up the game AFAIK.
For some reason people dont look up the words they use :grin:
I'm cool with this speed of progression but want 15 days of each beta before going to stable otherwise some bugs persist, betas every 2nd Wednesday with hotfixes on Friday for critical issues should be the way to go imo

In KCD's defence they had a smaller budget, less time and not an already existing formula they just had to improve upon. I'm honestly confused as to what some employees at TW has been doing for 8-10 years... I mean why aren't all the scenes completed yet, you showcased the level designer years ago. Surely building scenes could've been started at that point even though combat or other features wasn't ready. As for the quests it feels like an intern did them in 1 week. Why isn't the main quest even finished and polished? If one guy had just done the quests for those 8 years we would've had 100's now.
No immersion / NPC daily chores / Events in village/town scenes. Games more than 15 years ago had this...

But I of course hope these things will be added, I'm just afraid TW will play it "safe" and just finish up what they pretty much have by now.

Some missed opportunities by my opinion:
-Co-op campaign obviously as it has been the most requested feature even before Warband. (Can be 100% real time for all I care, would actually make working together more important)
-Naval warfare, it was in Viking Conquest..
-Vassal system (have different tiers of vassals would not only allow for more to do as a vassal as you could raise your rank internally, but would also make civil wars so much more immersive as say a Duke has 3 counts who all have 2 barons under them goes against the king).

Wow only 2 months?. I've yet to start a new game. I keep reloading with the same save file ever after so many patch. I only conquered 1/4 of the map. Im gonna take my sweet time. Compare to when it first release theres still simple thing I hope they fix. One of it is saving my companion squad numbering. Everytime I reloaded I always have to set them up again.

I'm honestly confused as to what some employees at TW has been doing for 8-10 years...
Their writers be a like:

42odan.jpg

The AI devs:

42ocxs.jpg

Their QA team:

42odh5.jpg

Their balacing team:

1wg0hg.jpg

Last edited:
I'm happy enough. Some things I'd like to see improved but at this stage of EA that's to be expected. The game still needs a lot of polish but now at least the lion's share of the actual game is in our hands as we wait for new modules to expand on some of the features that are pretty basic right now

If this was the game we got at release and there had been no EA release, I would only be a little bit PO'd. All the basic features need tightening, but they are here. The battles are sufficiently epic in scope. The ambition of the game is obvious and it's a bit of fine tuning and polish and some tweaks to the AI away from getting there.

It's like an old fashioned house that's mostly built. The walls are still waiting to be lathed and plastered and the garden is still a mess of weeds, but the frame is good, and everything else is a bit of hard work away.

Not satisfied, it's not a beta who cost 50e, it's test version for tester nor for client. They give us the right to test the game for 50e...Wow, actually there is just the base of the game very buggy, nothing is finish. Happy to did a refund on steam.

I wish the poll had an option to say "I think the game as released in EA is playable and fun, but I ran out of things to do while waiting for more features."

I think the combat portion of the game is mostly playable and feels good, it's all the other parts that are really lacking still, which I guess is ok given we all knew what we were getting into here. I played over 100 hours so far, and stopped because I ran out of things to do. Too much of the mid-game content isn't ready yet, particularly the diplomacy system for me ton continue, but I eagerly await those features, and I think TW has done a great job with the game. Even as-is, it's better than vanilla Warband.

I approve so far.

I think my opinion will sway based on the development of the game over the next 2 months.

If they keep implementing features and show some signs of development of other aspects I will be satisifed.

If its about where we are now, then I won't be satisfied.

Played 150 + Hours in the first 3 weeks. Burned myself out on the content that was available. Mind you I'm prone to rapid burn out on games and constantly switch between PC/Console/Nothing.

All in all satisfied with my experience, bugs and glitches included. The patches are coming quite nicely I think.

I keep checking back to read the updates to see if anything interesting has been added, or more importantly (to me) if the whole Aging/Kid mechanic is fleshed out.

Haven't seen anything that makes me want to immediately jump back in, but I am also on the fence waiting because I don't want to restart if something juicy comes out, since I've done like 10 ish playthroughs already.

I think things are going smoothly. If another 4 months pass and it's still bug fixes then I'll be worried but for now I think what has been given is acceptable.

In KCD's defence they had a smaller budget, less time and not an already existing formula they just had to improve upon. I'm honestly confused as to what some employees at TW has been doing for 8-10 years... I mean why aren't all the scenes completed yet, you showcased the level designer years ago. Surely building scenes could've been started at that point even though combat or other features wasn't ready. As for the quests it feels like an intern did them in 1 week. Why isn't the main quest even finished and polished? If one guy had just done the quests for those 8 years we would've had 100's now.
No immersion / NPC daily chores / Events in village/town scenes. Games more than 15 years ago had this...

But I of course hope these things will be added, I'm just afraid TW will play it "safe" and just finish up what they pretty much have by now.

Some missed opportunities by my opinion:
-Co-op campaign obviously as it has been the most requested feature even before Warband. (Can be 100% real time for all I care, would actually make working together more important)
-Naval warfare, it was in Viking Conquest..
-Vassal system (have different tiers of vassals would not only allow for more to do as a vassal as you could raise your rank internally, but would also make civil wars so much more immersive as say a Duke has 3 counts who all have 2 barons under them goes against the king).

This! - "No immersion / NPC daily chores / Events in village/town scenes. Games more than 15 years ago had this..." Its honestly insane how poorly designed every facet of the game is.

Back
Top Bottom