Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

Are you happy with how the game launched in EA and how it evolved during the first two months?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Indie means independent. They don't get their money from a publisher who tells them how to screw up the game AFAIK.

Indie does technically mean independently published, but in practice most people use it to mean "low budget small team game", which Bannerlord is not. There are some AAA games produced by teams smaller than taleworlds, which sell fewer games, and make less money.

We are talking about a sequel, and while I appreciate that putting the same features from the previous title is not a simple matter of copy/paste, it certainly should help and make things easier for the devs to recreate the same features again as it is something they have already done in the past.

On that note, there is a lot of stuff in bannerlord which is lifted directly from warband, including textures, sounds, and even bits of code. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but it's just something people need to keep in mind.

I'm sort of in the middle, it's not a bad game by any means. But with the size of their team and the development time it is also acceptable to expect a bit more. The bugs, crashes etc. Is what it is, if people can't accept those then don't buy the EA. I'm only rating this in terms of content and where I see this going from here.
I know I might have had high expectations and they never confirmed it, but I had a feeling they had something extra up their sleve like co-op campaign or something similar.

Definitely not. Game have way less content than its predecessor. Updating graphics and technical aspects of game, wont make new game

I'm sort of in the middle, it's not a bad game by any means. But with the size of their team and the development time it is also acceptable to expect a bit more. The bugs, crashes etc. Is what it is, if people can't accept those then don't buy the EA. I'm only rating this in terms of content and where I see this going from here.
I know I might have had high expectations and they never confirmed it, but I had a feeling they had something extra up their sleve like co-op campaign or something similar.

It's not wrong to expect more from a game you're paying full price for. It always astounds me when people act like it's a privilege to beta test a new game when you're not being paid to do it.

It's not wrong to expect more from a game you're paying full price for. It always astounds me when people act like it's a privilege to beta test a new game when you're not being paid to do it.

You’re getting to play the game a year earlier and you most likely got a discount from owning the previous game. It is a privilege to be able to provide input to the direction of a game before release

Definitely not. Game have way less content than its predecessor. Updating graphics and technical aspects of game, wont make new game

I just loaded up native warband today and “way less content than it’s predecessor” Is a joke. I think people are comparing warband modded with Bannerlord beta base which is dumb. Warbands character progression is dumb. Bannerlords progression is linked to actually performing the tasks. The skill tree is better and had more potential than what we had in warband. Smithing is an improvement. Army system is an improvement. Kingdom policies are a promising system. Clan system is a promising new addition. Dynasty’s are promising once implemented. Permadeath is being implemented. Boot up base warband right now and play a couple hours then go to Bannerlord and you’ll realize that the amount of content is very similar and Bannerlord is superior in many ways

I just loaded up native warband today and “way less content than it’s predecessor” Is a joke. I think people are comparing warband modded with Bannerlord beta base which is dumb. Warbands character progression is dumb. Bannerlords progression is linked to actually performing the tasks. The skill tree is better and had more potential than what we had in warband. Smithing is an improvement. Army system is an improvement. Kingdom policies are a promising system. Clan system is a promising new addition. Dynasty’s are promising once implemented. Permadeath is being implemented. Boot up base warband right now and play a couple hours then go to Bannerlord and you’ll realize that the amount of content is very similar and Bannerlord is superior in many ways
What was asked, what bannerlord is right now, not future. There is less missions, diplomacy aint working and many aspect you mention aint finished yet. And some you mention is updated mechanics not entirely new. And is viking conquest categorized as mod, or is it a predecessor, or is it payd dlc, it is standalone game so yes it is predecessor and only thing we ever should compare to, as its newest before bannerlord and it have way more, lets say again WAY MORE content. Those content have been live long time before bannerlord was even heard, its bit funny that new game have way less content than predecessor developer still advertize strongly. You know warband you compare it, aint even first game in franchise. Yes aswer is not even close satisfied.

Last edited:
I think that the satisfaction question comes too early. Maybe ask again after 1 year. Just my opinion.
I'm not a TW fan nor do i hate them. Just trying to stay realistical.
Why do you believe it's too early to ask it?

In the context of this specific EA, I believe that given the size of the team, the previous experience with M&B, Warband and all it's DLCs, the amount of development time, the amount of features being showcased for years, it is fair to question where we stand given the full price the game is being sold at.

Its just so people can get an idea of how many of us are happy with the launch of ea and the updates. The question was not how satisfied we are on a a scale from 1-10 or what exactly we are happy with. For that, everyone can post here or you can make a thread specifically about this.
I hope you did not get offended because i did not intend to undermine the value of the thread or your opinion by any means. I wanted just to describe how this question could possible offer better feedback results.
I will certainly follow your advice and create a specific thread in the near future

Best regards

I have around 200 hours into the game at the moment.

I did enjoy the early stages of the game where it mostly works. The moment I was beginning to feel really buggy was after kingdom creation. As long as you don't pursue that, probably ultimate, goal, the game at the moment is mostly okay.

Many talk about snowballing issue and I agree. Although, in my case, I usually joined a kingdom that was being snowballed and fought against the wave. It was fun.

Warband exceeded what people expected all those years ago, and this game is far too similar to warband. There's less to do at this stage of the development than there was to do in Warband vanilla at launch. It's playable, and you can get a good week's play out of it. And that's enough for some people. So this game is OK if you have low expectations. Some of us obsessive M&B fans are playing this game way more than it really deserves because we really want it to become great.

I also don't really see the potential of the game. The features people want will probably never happen. Even basic play is taking months to balance. Implementation of basic features that are currently broken will probably happen in due course. But the complex tactical and diplomatic systems people are hoping for don't seem to exist even in embryo right now which probably means there are no plans for them. My biggest hopes for this game is that it serves as a stepping stone to a better sequel, much the way warband came out shortly after M&B, and was much better.

Side note, if you can convince your customers that they are privileged to be customers, you are winning at business.

could you give us couple of example of those games and dev teams, I'am genuinely curious about this

Here's a post I made a few weeks ago:

Creative Assembly (total war). Currently hires 650, but even as recently as in 2013 when most of their more iconic games had been made, they only had 150 staff total.

IO interactive. Made the Hitman series and Kane&Lynch. Currently hires 160.

Id software. Made the doom games dating back to the early 90s. Hires 200.

SIE Santa monica, the company that made the God of War series including the most recent one, which is probably the most visually ambitious game ever made. Hires 200.

CD Projekt Red, the company that made the witcher series, started developing the witcher 3 with 150 staff and went up to 230 staff.

Colossal Order, the company which made cities skylines and a few other city building games. Currently hires 17 (!!!).

Eugen Systems, the company that made R.U.S.E., the Wargame series and Steel Division. Currently hires 44.

I could go on but you get the idea. More than 300 staff is triple A huge budget game territory.

Experienced only two crash and one bug. Not even a gamebreaking one and i precommanded the game so i was playing from the begining.

I'm sorry for other people who got a lot of problems with the game but my answer to the question is the first one : Yes and it keep going better.

Now, it's just my experience with the game that is very good.
A lot won't agree but again... sorry for them, my game is running " perfectly " for a EA.
I cannot even help that much since i don't encouter bug or crash. :/
I'm really happy with the state of the game and i'm waiting for the next content to come when it will be possible.

2 months in and I'm still waiting for perks to actually work.
That and getting Muted on the forum for a month for criticizing the white knights here.

Currently it's unninstalled. Viking Conquest completely destroys Bannerlord.

>Viking Coomquest

l35luxo4sc531.jpg

@Dodgy This difference of expectation happens because of diffrent interpretation
of early access part and lack of strict rules regarding early access games. I have lower expectation from early access games
as a result of other early access games i bought in the past. But this shouldn't change what you expect from
it. I just stated my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom