Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

Are you happy with how the game launched in EA and how it evolved during the first two months?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The multiplayer has been bereft of decent updates or even minor balance changes which is disappointing. It's understandable TW's focus is on SP during the initial launch, but at the same time if it's mostly different teams it shouldn't take that long to implement some changes.

While MP is my focus and I only played SP a little in both Warband and Bannerlord, there does seem to be a lack of depth to the SP and a lot of the issues in MnB don't seem to have been addressed by this long awaited sequel. It honestly feels like just another base for mods, which is fine I guess, but then what were they doing for so long?

I do quite like the spectacle of some of the battles, while the combat AI isn't great, the strategic AI is actually fairly cool, even if they make the wrong decision it makes the battles feel a bit more real rather than just blobs hitting into each other as it was in Warband. That would be the biggest positive from my experience of the SP.

Overall I feel like there's a long way to go for both SP and MP, and the rate of progress in both beta and EA doesn't fill me with optimism.

I have played a handful of EA titles, and this is the best EA title of all of them I have played. Yes, content is missing. Yes, there are balancing issues. Yes, the game has supposedly been "in development" for 8 years, but it has only been in serious development for the past few, and you must remember that the development team for this game is very small compared to AAA companies. 2 months is a VERY short time for a small team, especially when we don't know everything that TaleWorlds is working on. Perhaps hold your judgement until at least half a year has passed to see how much actually gets accomplished?

I came in knowing full well and expecting that the game could be in EA for about 2 years. There are too many entitled people here who think that an EA title should be complete in two months. You should be grateful that they even did EA so that you can play it early and have input in its development through bug reports, feedback, and suggestions that they are regularly looking at. Maybe if you had personal experience working on huge projects like game development you wouldn't be so judgemental.

This a tricky and biased question. TW is using us as beta testers and is not a fully functional product. Every one of us has completely different expectations and personalities and thus satisfaction can not be measured by having a general question with partially structured answers. Instead it may be appropriate to have a specific question about specific aspects and the answers would be numerical like a rate or ordinal like a scale.
However for the sake of discussion the game is fun but many features are dissapointing.
This question should be asked again after 5-6 months when the development process will be more extensive and the timeframe will be enough to make comparisons.

Its just so people can get an idea of how many of us are happy with the launch of ea and the updates. The question was not how satisfied we are on a a scale from 1-10 or what exactly we are happy with. For that, everyone can post here or you can make a thread specifically about this.

This was the first time i took the EA bait, it's a problematic moralistic standpoint. Ea is mostly for the develepors not the players. I read their EA statement before i bought and yes from that what they wrote there expected alot more. So did my friends that introduced me to this game that was old warbrand players. Anyhow, i just want to continue and have one playtrough that sticks, waiting for 1.4.1 to hit stable. Then i will have my "finished campaign experience". ( Yeah im not used to sandbox i want perks and player progression , not running around with imaginary powers to rp. )

This teasing about major update and then leaves for wednesday was hilarious. Atleast we in the playgroup that beta played this like crazy since release joked about it that it would happen and it did. I'm all about they are taking their time, it's their game. It's super hard and ambitious project. And they need to rest ofcrouse and do their thing. And I like the basics, and i cheer for them I really do. But yeah the tone and discussion is more pessimistic irl then on the forums here, atleast around where i live, many rage quitted along time ago that were a bit casual then me and me other friend. Anyhow mexxico dropping a line here and there and duh and the other comments on things is great. But pls dont hype with major updates and then skip for the weeks. Now you said it will be two product in one go instead, i mean ok so we are supposed to get two update next time, 1.4.1 and 1.5.1?

This was the first time i took the EA bait, it's a problematic moralistic standpoint. Ea is mostly for the develepors not the players. I read their EA statement before i bought and yes from that what they wrote there expected alot more. So did my friends that introduced me to this game that was old warbrand players. Anyhow, i just want to continue and have one playtrough that sticks, waiting for 1.4.1 to hit stable. Then i will have my "finished campaign experience". ( Yeah im not used to sandbox i want perks and player progression , not running around with imaginary powers to rp. )

This teasing about major update and then leaves for wednesday was hilarious. Atleast we in the playgroup that beta played this like crazy since release joked about it that it would happen and it did. I'm all about they are taking their time, it's their game. It's super hard and ambitious project. And they need to rest ofcrouse and do their thing. And I like the basics, and i cheer for them I really do. But yeah the tone and discussion is more pessimistic irl then on the forums here, atleast around where i live, many rage quitted along time ago that were a bit casual then me and me other friend. Anyhow mexxico dropping a line here and there and duh and the other comments on things is great. But pls dont hype with major updates and then skip for the weeks. Now you said it will be two product in one go instead, i mean ok so we are supposed to get two update next time, 1.4.1 and 1.5.1?
I'd say their explanation was perfectly reasonable. They already worked on several weekends and sometimes late at night. That's not something we should take for granted.
We won't get 2 updates (doesn't make much sense) but the update we are going to get will be bigger than the one originally scheduled for this week.

None of the above.

I'm new to the Mount&Blade universe and I'll add my 0.02 caps.

As of today I've played >600 hrs on Steam through the game sharing since my oldest bought the game. I found a new game that I adore so that's a win for me!

There are lots of issues and that is to be expected in EA. From what I've seen TW is doing a decent job working on the game. I do end up frustrated with the crashing issues every day, however, that will be gone soon (hopefully). I see lots of potential in numerous areas in the game and want to see them fleshed out asap because I want more M&B. Ship battles please(y)

If my financial situation was different I would happily pay for my own personal copy of the game, since I cannot play it when my son is on Steam :sad:

I spent 190 hours on both beta + singleplayer. In this two months, game became playable. I guess that was the plan. Before adding new stuff, old stuff must be working well, but ofcourse it depends does new stuff change old? Whatever, I feel like there is a another month will be spend on fixing and balancing current features. (Stop telling why do they even balance before fixing? there are ofcourse different type of developers)

Around end of june, we may start to see new features started to add to game and break saves again, screw economy again, bring snowball back. However, I'm willingly to test new features altough it screws my saves because every save I reach a point where I'm almost unstopable because I play on easiest. So I deleted my early saves already. I hope game will so much indepth in next 6-9months where we will be talking about mostly new added features.

I spent 190 hours on both beta + singleplayer. In this two months, game became playable. I guess that was the plan. Before adding new stuff, old stuff must be working well, but ofcourse it depends does new stuff change old? Whatever, I feel like there is a another month will be spend on fixing and balancing current features. (Stop telling why do they even balance before fixing? there are ofcourse different type of developers)

Around end of june, we may start to see new features started to add to game and break saves again, screw economy again, bring snowball back. However, I'm willingly to test new features altough it screws my saves because every save I reach a point where I'm almost unstopable because I play on easiest. So I deleted my early saves already. I hope game will so much indepth in next 6-9months where we will be talking about mostly new added features.

Yea, I keep rerolling new characters I think I'm on #5 now.

Definitively happy with the rate of patches of an indie team in covid19 times.
Stop calling them an indie team.

They had made tens of millions eur and can afford a relatively sizable team of developers.

The state of EA and disappointing speed of patches (which introduce new bugs each time lol) are a disgrace.

Stopped playing at 49 hours in first week after launch..didn't feel much of and update comparing to original M&B at all.

Will probably re-visit it again in couple of months or years maybe, but generally was somewhat disappointed.

Buying the hype was stupid from my side, then again some people are having fun still, to each their own I guess. Felt like waste at that price.

They sold between 2 000 000 to 5 000 000 copies on steam.

Lets take the smallest number and multiply it with 40 eur.. that's 80 000 000 eur, now lets deduce commission for Steam (30%), minus some loans, shareholder payouts etc... leaves about 10 - 20m eur of pure profit.. if not more.

Indie company is when you have 4 best friends making a game.

Yes tricky question, and to be honest, I left out on purpose any reference to how "quickly" the updates have been rolled over, because while I appreciated the first week of constant bug fixing, that is something to be expected from an EA game.

Generally speaking, I agree with most of who is stating that in 5-8 months time the game will be better, maybe much better.

However the point of the topic was really about how this is not just your average indie EA game from a dev that never developed a game before.

We are talking about a sequel, and while I appreciate that putting the same features from the previous title is not a simple matter of copy/paste, it certainly should help and make things easier for the devs to recreate the same features again as it is something they have already done in the past.

After so many years in development, with a lot of teasing in their dev updates about features seemingly already in the game but that never made it to the EA, I really find it difficult to be happy with a release that is for the most part a remake of warband in a new engine with a lot of missing features and hardly anything new.

Expectations are certainly different for each of us, but surely expecting a product on par or better than warband should be a given, and right now I am not sure it is, and I am also not sure it should take another half a year in EA to get there.

Stop calling them an indie team.

They had made tens of millions eur and can afford a relatively sizable team of developers.

The state of EA and disappointing speed of patches (which introduce new bugs each time lol) are a disgrace.
Indie means independent. They don't get their money from a publisher who tells them how to screw up the game AFAIK.

They sold between 2 000 000 to 5 000 000 copies on steam.

Lets take the smallest number and multiply it with 40 eur.. that's 80 000 000 eur, now lets deduce commission for Steam (30%), minus some loans, shareholder payouts etc... leaves about 10 - 20m eur of pure profit.. if not more.

Indie company is when you have 4 best friends making a game.

You forgot about years before release, then they was living on borrowed money. They are small independed studio, they don't have major publisher behind them and I like it the way it is. Just imagine if Bannerlord was EA or Activision release, where would be nothing to play, but a lot to pay for in microtransactions.

Back
Top Bottom