Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

Are you happy with how the game launched in EA and how it evolved during the first two months?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dodgy

Sergeant at Arms
To be fair, we are not talking about the concept for a completely new game being in EA.
We are talking about the sequel of a game that has for the most part kept the same exact structure and feel of its predecessor, with very few additions and a whole lot of missing features that were present in its previous iterations.

Almost two months into EA and the most exciting update the game received has finally brought a couple of features related to diplomacy that are completely broken.

This doesn't need to be a complaining thread, I would just like to sincerely gauge what is the general feel about the current status of the game.

Yes the game is good at the start especially now that the hotfix just came and managed to get rid of the stutter and lag that plagued my game for weeks somehow. I understand them prioritizing the important parts of the game over other features both new, those that are not included in the game, the fact that all the missing parts from Warband as well as the options to set the way the game is played is not yet in place so I'm going to be patient for as long as this EA state is in session, while expecting the things most people wanted in the game will be added in eventually.

I played for 50 hours and had lots of fun. I'll probably stop playing until the game is mostly feature complete though, not because I am disappointed but because I don't want to burn out.

Personally I'd say they are doing a pretty good job at updating the game. The focus over the last few weeks was getting the game stable, improving performance and fixing fundamental issues (some still exist). I would guess that's a good approach. Hopefully the focus in the next weeks will be more about content and mechanics. That will undoubtedly add new issues and problems, but I guess it's easier to fix them once you know that the foundation is stable and that new problems must be related to the new mechanics you added.

In the current state the game is clearly unfinished, but that's what early access is about and what I expected, so no reason to be disappointed.

I bought on launch day and played almost 100 hours the first three weeks or so before getting bored because I simply ran out of things to do. Reading the patch notes, it definitely doesn't look like the game has changed in any way that made me go: "omg something new to do time to reinstall"

I am going to vote after the next patch when war feast and snowballing get improved. I have been satisfied with the game proggression until 1.4.1. Well, I am still disappointed with the AI downgrade since 1.1.0 because two handed and polearm units are still garbage in tournaments and rarely block but other areas have been improved until we got the awful 1.4.1.

Last edited:
Liked the game at lunch. Saw massive potential. Dissapointed at the pace of progress, stopped playing and plan on checking the development after 6 months as lost faith

Yes the game is fun and enjoyable, but lacks allot of content, expecting that in 2 months is ridiculous. While these features are in warband, doesn't make them copy-paste for this game.

I think you need to make these kind of evaluations the moment they stop posting changelogs that are 90% 'fix a bug where game crashed"

I played for ~ 70 hours and it was fun, but I felt like it was the exact same experience I had roughly ten years ago playing Warband. The game has the same problems as Warband (boring early game, boring quests, nothing to do in end game, DEAD town scenes, etc). I doubt that Taleworlds will be able to handle these problems (considering the fact that it took them eight years to release the game in this state), but the game has great potential when the first total conversion mods are released.

this is a trap question, nobody is satisfied (with rare exceptions), those that say they are are just trying to be nice or are part of said rare exceptions, whereas the reality is that you don't play EA to get satisfied, it's more like paying to sign up into a beta testing, I find the business practice to be unethical, but I'm here anyway, and I don't really care anymore at this point (to be made of a fool). On time the game will get decent, until then it's a nice time-killing cycle because we basically have to restart campaigns each week and there are some awesome people making really helpful mods (that turn the game into a more satisfactory experience or bluntly help test things that are next to impossible in Vanilla).
My answer could be "none of the above" but the degree of in-satisfaction outweighs the satisfaction so I've cast my vote into the "nope and nope"

I'd wager that within 6 months I'll change my mind, I'll switch from "nope nope" to "nope, yes", usually that's how these things work anyway. (that if I have time to play, it seems my life will get a wild turn soon, and when it does I shouldn't play video-games anymore for a long while, at least 1 year I'd guess)

There is a complex system in sp and many fixes needed for them. Many people using low-end computer, facing performance issues and TW has priority for both fixes and performance as logical. All mean many efforts in corona days, but we also need much better online gameplay and also new contents + map and mod editors as well as steamworkshop.. So…:

It's still fun for mp(where i play usually) but i'm waiting for huge performance improvement on servers + capacity increasement, soon. It didn't happen yet. I can't talk for sp, i dont play it much from the beginning.

One more thing. EA could take place for ~a year.. 1/6 done with bug/crash fixes + balance mostly. But this doesnt mean that beta didnt get great improvments while turning into ea.

The initial game was good and enjoyable, despite all the problems. Obviously it didn't live up to expectations that are set with such a long development time and such a close following of said development via the blog.

But the updates hence both in terms of content/fixes and pace have been top tier. Communication would be nice, but the actual work they're doing is very good.

i'm very happy with the rate of updates and what comes within them i'm keen for every update to go stable it's exciting to see the development evolve over time i think a lot of the two months have just been focused around making the game as stable as they can and that's been their plan the whole way so far it's not a time to introduce new content that's just too early i personally think i am happy to wait for content since this game has a long way to go yet and i would hope that the players can respect the developers work and show support

My biggest reason for being disappointed in sp is the perk system, I have no reason to play the game if I can't progress my character to hallmarks which function properly. And when it comes to multiplayer I need Dueling or Deathmatch.

EA going Okay. Bugs getting fixed, features slowly getting added. Just have patience.

I'm think starting point of EA was little bit too early. Maybe month or two more in closed alpha test would be better.

This a tricky and biased question. TW is using us as beta testers and is not a fully functional product. Every one of us has completely different expectations and personalities and thus satisfaction can not be measured by having a general question with partially structured answers. Instead it may be appropriate to have a specific question about specific aspects and the answers would be numerical like a rate or ordinal like a scale.
However for the sake of discussion the game is fun but many features are dissapointing.
This question should be asked again after 5-6 months when the development process will be more extensive and the timeframe will be enough to make comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom