almost no income from workshops and caravans

Users who are viewing this thread

Fight bandits until your first 20 high-tier troops. Then go bully small lord parties and sell their loot.
if you like to grind all the time, good for you. but there are people that like to look around. test things out and do in general something else. and i think its not bad for the game to have a bit diversity to deliver to more people. i still hope for more events in the game and more sources of income.

if you like to grind all the time, good for you. but there are people that like to look around. test things out and do in general something else. and i think its not bad for the game to have a bit diversity to deliver to more people. i still hope for more events in the game and more sources of income.

I was replying to someone saying that they had no way other than smithing of getting money for a starter party.

But to your argument about grinding: there is nothing stopping you from beating up bandits and small lord parties while traveling between villages looking for quests, tournaments, or what have you. It isn't an either/or thing because loot is lucrative enough you can take days or weeks without a fight if you don't want to.

Just some general thoughts. If caravans and workshops are just supposed to keep you barely alive, then the main income has to be loot you get from fights. That means I have to fight all day long to keep my army running. Additonally new armor and weapons are really expencive. I wonder how all this will work out in the end.

You can craft Javelins (especially the harpoons) that cost so much to sell that traders often can't afford them. Build a few of those, and then just sell one and buy horses and armour and weapons for smelting until the trader can afford the trade. I have completely abandoned the trader route with a character I started yesterday and went for the Smith warrior and never had so much money and such good gear so early in game... It almost feels like cheating. Smithing is also pretty fast to level if you build the higher tier weapons, especially 2 handed swords can make you go up 3 or 4 levels from only crafting one.

i got the exact same amount of money on my ironmonger on the city of Epicrotea , it has 2 villages that get iron realy close to it , but the city never have any iron on it , and they pay realy low prices for selling iron for them , even tho they have 0 in stock
Epicrotea is in a rough location, lots of bandits and war parties pass there, there's a chance the villagers from the surrounding villages can't reach the city to sell their iron ore there. You could establish a party there to hunt for bandits, or you could buy the Iron yourself and sell it in bulk at Epicrotea, this will also lower the value of Iron there making your workshop a bit more profitable

LOL, I know right. Where's the smithy programmer? Javelinlord ruins the whole game.

I love the Javelinlord thing, I'd hate to see it nerfed really, it's a nice money making thing for terrible players like myself

Last edited:
Workshops are still giving me a decent amount of money. Caravans are not giving much though while much more risky.

I'm in the negatives for so long. It's a loosing tug game especially until you have a fief. If you aim to find your own kingdom you need to field a sizeable force with additional companion parties to get a fief in the first place.

I managed to snatch Pen Cannoc from dying Battania after so many times being broke and at 3rd siege attempt. One pottery workshop in there, one olive press in Jaculan. 120 garrison, 120 in bro's party, 75 in mine. I lose 500-1000 denars a day. My kingdom is like a failed kickstarter project.

Edit: Which brings me the thought that right now the game is not calibrated towards PL kingdom. If you stay as a vassal, you'll be mostly fine.

I've probably had my best early game financial situation in my most recent 1.4.3 game, but i did things very differently. First I spent clan lvl 0-1 running around doing tournaments all around Calradia (also talking to lords for the quest), you get the most profits for winning at clan lvl 0 and its easy to get geared up. I at most had only 20 troops with me and never upgraded them past tier 3 to keep costs low but strong enough to fight bandits off. Something I also noticed in a previous play through is having companions is really expensive, even your own brother cost like 44/day. So the only companion I had for clan lvl 0 and lvl 1 is a trader, if companion are now 20-40 a day and you have all 4 at clan lvl 1 it could cost you 80 - 160/day for a few fighters. So i saved from the start to get up to 15k to start her on a caravan. Once she got going, she was making between 50 - 1000 a day. I've also now become a mercenary for the highest bidder (330/influence from battanian) and have start fighting lord with a party of about 50-60 (clan lvl 2). With just the contract and caravan and a party cost below 200, I'm consistently break even or positive so now I'm sitting at 60k without smithing once. It can be done fam.

Most of the economic issues i had with the 1.4.3 beta are now gone , my caravans are working . my workshops are making about 100g ea . and the prices are now working well enoght that i can do trade runs (desert horses are not more expensive on the desert than on the snow anymore) , i did not see anything on the hotfix on that topic . but it just works now .

to the people that complain like hell about how op the smithing is and that it should be removed i got a idea for you , why dont you STOP USING IT IF YOU FEEL THAT ITS OP , the developers already said that they are doing a full rework on smithing , so there is no point on them twiking the prices now if they are changing the entire sistem.

Where are you buying caravans to be effective? I have two caravans, one un Pravend and another one un Sargot, both are giving me 0 denars daily. The Pravend one give me 50-250 eventually but most of the times 0-50.

Most of the economic issues i had with the 1.4.3 beta are now gone , my caravans are working . my workshops are making about 100g ea . and the prices are now working well enoght that i can do trade runs (desert horses are not more expensive on the desert than on the snow anymore) , i did not see anything on the hotfix on that topic . but it just works now .

to the people that complain like hell about how op the smithing is and that it should be removed i got a idea for you , why dont you STOP USING IT IF YOU FEEL THAT ITS OP , the developers already said that they are doing a full rework on smithing , so there is no point on them twiking the prices now if they are changing the entire sistem.

I got an idea, how about you actually look at the profits of workshops from 1.42 and 1.4.3 and contrast the differences instead of shouting out how you feel.

While workshops are better caravans aren't in a good spot. They've been nerfed hard too hard imo. I enjoy smithing but using it right now is too powerful and breaks the game, that makes the economy trivial, even the devs have acknowledged that it's an exploit. Before getting pissed and telling others how to play the game why don't you actually listen to what people have to say because some have validity to their complaints.

Dude you are all over the forums. What does it gain you to post such negative things 24/7?
But he is right Dude.
I myself working in the hi-tech industry for the past ten years as a programmer, server administrator, etc. and let me tell you if I had ever submitted a piece of junk (sorry code) like this patch I would be find myself on the street unemployed at the next morning.
And it is not all because of money that our clients pay, it is also the attitude to the clients something the TW must be missing and I’m in serious doubt if they will find it in the near future.
Currently this game becomes worst and worst with every update. So in order to enjoy it I must start at version 1.3.9 or 1.4.0 for the Early game where economy works and I can make a little money , then jump to the version 1.4.2 (with lots of mods) for the Mid game – where to buy a war horse for every cavalrymen at rank 4 I must spend at least 1K for piece, but at least I build a small treasure box in previous version. And then there nothing to do at all in the Late game so I’m stop playing.

But he is right Dude.
I myself working in the hi-tech industry for the past ten years as a programmer, server administrator, etc. and let me tell you if I had ever submitted a piece of junk (sorry code) like this patch I would be find myself on the street unemployed at the next morning.
And it is not all because of money that our clients pay, it is also the attitude to the clients something the TW must be missing and I’m in serious doubt if they will find it in the near future.
Currently this game becomes worst and worst with every update. So in order to enjoy it I must start at version 1.3.9 or 1.4.0 for the Early game where economy works and I can make a little money , then jump to the version 1.4.2 (with lots of mods) for the Mid game – where to buy a war horse for every cavalrymen at rank 4 I must spend at least 1K for piece, but at least I build a small treasure box in previous version. And then there nothing to do at all in the Late game so I’m stop playing.
I disagree. Things are getting better. I think we have selective memories about previous patches. Remember when we couldn’t find our brother or family members? Or how about the constant load screens, Inability to affect when AI went to war, tanneries making + 400 with no inputs, snowballing by khuzaits and vlandia (which is only a little better), companions costing ungodly amounts early game, all but 3 skill lines not working. Things are improving I get being unhappy with the pace and direction of improvement but it does TW and yourself no good to get overly upset about it. It’s not healthy.

Been trying to max out my workshops. Got a silversmith to 268 and ironmonger to 269. The ironmonger is at epicrotea with both iron villages available and both >600 hearths. Prosperity in Epicrotea is 8336 atm, and I’ve basically been protecting villagers for The last 2 years. I think it’s all tied to villages being at too few hearths or having difficulty recovering hearths after raiding plus bandits picking them off while they are low. 3 interesting side notes:

My caravan in that city is making 300-800 more now depending on the day compared to when these workshops were barely making 100
Multiple caravans in one city brings all caravans to near 0 profit.
Silver smith (268 profit) that is also in epicrotea is getting silver from gersegos which is at 150 hearths.. kinda weird.

Been trying to max out my workshops. Got a silversmith to 268 and ironmonger to 269. The ironmonger is at epicrotea with both iron villages available and both >600 hearths. Prosperity in Epicrotea is 8336 atm, and I’ve basically been protecting villagers for The last 2 years. I think it’s all tied to villages being at too few hearths or having difficulty recovering hearths after raiding plus bandits picking them off while they are low. 3 interesting side notes:

My caravan in that city is making 300-800 more now depending on the day compared to when these workshops were barely making 100
Silver smith (268 profit) that is also in epicrotea is getting silver from gersegos which is at 150 hearths.. kinda weird.

Are you playing on 1.4.3? Vlandia workshops are producing basically nothing. I am getting between 40-and 80 for one and 50-90 for another. My Caravan at Praven is making 100 to 400 and I have the 20% off caravan troops perk.

Are you playing on 1.4.3? Vlandia workshops are producing basically nothing. I am getting between 40-and 80 for one and 50-90 for another. My Caravan at Praven is making 100 to 400 and I have the 20% off caravan troops perk.
Yeah 1.4.3 atm. It’s 10+ years in. I formed a kingdom and have epicrotea and all surrounding castles with most at >600 hearths.

spread your caravans out. I have 3 running now at the highest prosperity settlements which happen to be at a good distance from one another.

Started a new campaign with the latest Beta.

I am wondering if they have fixed the javelin issue in a ham-fisted way?

I am yet to unlock any javelin shafts whatsoever, and my smithing is 200+.

I have loads of tier 5 weapon parts, got a flax blade early on, so making cash is easy anyway, but I can't craft javelins for my companions, which is somewhat annoying.

How do you max out a workshop?

Something is off with caravans in certain places:

I am only making 100-300 from my caravan at Praven. Never any more.
Your caravans don't seem to stay in one area anymore. My first carvan started in Aserai, made its way up to Khuzait and then crossed the entire continent and is in valandia now. Like i stated in my earlier post profits have ranged from 50 - 1000, no idea where she was for precise pricing but it would make sense that you wont be getting the most profit everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom