almost no income from workshops and caravans

Users who are viewing this thread

Started a new campaign with the latest Beta.

I am wondering if they have fixed the javelin issue in a ham-fisted way?

I am yet to unlock any javelin shafts whatsoever, and my smithing is 200+.

I have loads of tier 5 weapon parts, got a flax blade early on, so making cash is easy anyway, but I can't craft javelins for my companions, which is somewhat annoying.
Thats interesting my Smithing is only about 80 but no Javelin shafts either. Does nerf it though lol.

I deliberately went ahead and bought javelins from market a few times, just to smelt and possibly learn javelin shafts but no avail. I'm at 60 smithing.

How do you max out a workshop?
Pick places that fit the workshop type. Try and own those places or protect them to get hearths above break points >600 for 150% production (thanks bannerman man for the info!).Occasionally buy their products and trade them away somewhere else. Increase prosperity of the town they are in.

I deliberately went ahead and bought javelins from market a few times, just to smelt and possibly learn javelin shafts but no avail. I'm at 60 smithing.

It's completely random so you might get lucky at around 50-60 or it might take being well over 100. It's the stupidest crafting system I've ever seen in any game and that's saying a lot.

It's completely random so you might get lucky at around 50-60 or it might take being well over 100. It's the stupidest crafting system I've ever seen in any game and that's saying a lot.

I sadly agree, much of what you do is just wasting time smelting and forging so you can unlock the parts you want to make-if you are lucky. They need a skill tree that unlocks the particular weapons you are working on. It's horrendously designed and gets to be nothing but hours of grinding.

I really hope their rework does something about it. would be cool if components just unlocked at certain levels, or maybe you would also need to see them attached to a weapon first, or "research" them with forge time. The random drop thing is just infuriating.

I sadly agree, much of what you do is just wasting time smelting and forging so you can unlock the parts you want to make-if you are lucky. They need a skill tree that unlocks the particular weapons you are working on. It's horrendously designed and gets to be nothing but hours of grinding.
Amen, it's so grindy I refuse to do it without mods anymore. I mean it could give a lot of mobile games a run for their money on how tedious it is.

Back
Top Bottom