Ally Ai create small armies

Users who are viewing this thread

Baldpenguin

Recruit
Can anyone explain to me why every enemy kingdom is creating armies of 1500 plus but my Allie’s are making armies of only 500. I have like 20 clans in my kingdom. Most of the map but now I can make any headway as everyone keeps declaring war on me and it just back and forth. I take a city then the enemy takes it back. I set all wars to defensive except vladia is offensive but my f*ing Allies won’t do anything.

Can anyone explain to me why every enemy kingdom is creating armies of 1500 plus but my Allie’s are making armies of only 500. I have like 20 clans in my kingdom. Most of the map but now I can make any headway as everyone keeps declaring war on me and it just back and forth. I take a city then the enemy takes it back. I set all wars to defensive except vladia is offensive but my f*ing Allies won’t do anything.
By the way, did you notice, that your clan members parties are always in some army and that TaleWorlds did not fix the bug with AI heroes calling player clan members for free to their armies.

But back to your question, how many skill points have your faction members in steward and leadership, it is important, that they have high skills in both, because it increase their party size.

And when all good party leaders in a clan are captured, the AI replaces them with their wives and the most wives in calradia are not good party leaders.

"I own most of the map" - Thats exacktly the problem. Ever noticed loyality increases and decreases tax - significantly? Owning too much of other cultures fiefs generally leads to.... well. These fiefs make less money. Have the same garrisons. Garrisons of far away from front cities slowly stack up all the time no matter what. And therefore their costs increase a lot more than their gains. In fact: The AI looses income if they take diffrent cultured fiefs, they cannot handle the low loyality tax reduction. Until taleworld enables cultures of settlements to slowly change, this issue is gona stay and make long plays without rushed takeovers nearly impossible - unless you use mods for just that at the bare minimum.

Guess that makes sense. But I do typically give the fief to someone of the same culture. I made sure to recruit vassals from all different cultures.

Keep taking the enemies' fiefs. No defend, only attack. Attack nearest target, use campaign time most effectively. Make new clan every 500 influence if possible. No siege gear, just build camp and go in fire squad everyone at the ladder. No troops for garrison? **** it, still move on to next target. You can killdoze the map this way.

By the way, did you notice, that your clan members parties are always in some army and that TaleWorlds did not fix the bug with AI heroes calling player clan members for free to their armies.

But back to your question, how many skill points have your faction members in steward and leadership, it is important, that they have high skills in both, because it increase their party size.

And when all good party leaders in a clan are captured, the AI replaces them with their wives and the most wives in calradia are not good party leaders.
Ok that’s probably a big part of it. Ya pretty much everyone was at war with me so a lot of my vassals were getting captured. But still if I create an army there is enough available to make 2500 troop strong army . And the clans have plenty of influence to call just as many as I can.

Keep taking the enemies' fiefs. No defend, only attack. Attack nearest target, use campaign time most effectively. Make new clan every 500 influence if possible. No siege gear, just build camp and go in fire squad everyone at the ladder. No troops for garrison? **** it, still move on to next target. You can killdoze the map this way.
I was trying to do that but literally the second my army leaves the fief to go onto the next one some little 60 party enemy besieges it right behind me.

I was trying to do that but literally the second my army leaves the fief to go onto the next one some little 60 party enemy besieges it right behind me.
Yeah, but you're faster and better at the siege then them and your vassals can come stop them or re-take the weak fief while you take a healthy one easily. I just look at how much value/time it is, like a big army is worth running down but if the choice is spend the same time chasing a small party or siege a new fief I just go after the fief because it's more loss/gain.

Yeah, but you're faster and better at the siege then them and your vassals can come stop them or re-take the weak fief while you take a healthy one easily. I just look at how much value/time it is, like a big army is worth running down but if the choice is spend the same time chasing a small party or siege a new fief I just go after the fief because it's more loss/gain.
But that’s the problem my Allie’s aren’t coming behind me to retake it. The enemy would just retake it and my Allie’s wouldn’t do Jack!

But that’s the problem my Allie’s aren’t coming behind me to retake it. The enemy would just retake it and my Allie’s wouldn’t do Jack!
It feels like the offensive/defensive diplomacy stance is broken. Because they would randomly just make an army and take it to the other side of the map and try to take a fief from the northern empire when I have it set to defensive for them. I was trying to finish up the western front so I only had one front to fight on. So I had vladia set to offensive.

Yeah vassals are still pretty dum, sometimes they might comes help defend or re-take though. I agree though, it hurts seeing them make an army and march to tim-buck-too and then waddle all the ways back with nothing achieved.

hmm is not the answer in policys? Feels like wrong spelling. But i am sure i have voted on a few of those about armies. Something like allowing tier 4-5? create large armies.

hmm is not the answer in policys? Feels like wrong spelling. But i am sure i have voted on a few of those about armies. Something like allowing tier 4-5? create large armies.
I know there is one about giving them larger parties, but not making larger armies. Idk I’ll look through the policies today and see if there is something.

I know there is one about giving them larger parties, but not making larger armies. Idk I’ll look through the policies today and see if there is something.
There are a couple policies that indirectly influence non-ruling clan party size but the 3 biggest factors are; clan tier, prosperity of the clan fiefs, time between wars.

Established clan leaders tend to have pretty high stewardship skills so they will very rarely max their party size but some of the minor clans and newly raised heirs have -50 to the party size they could have if the right policies and prosperous fiefs were present, on the high end that can result in a difference of 100 in party size during a series of long wars.

If during a war a party is defeated and its leader captured and then they escape and then fight battles every couple of days, the party size is unlikely to be above 60 but if they get a week of peace the party size will get up to 80-120 for most and the higher tier clans with prosperous fiefs can get over 150 in their party given long enough respite between wars or if the war they are fighting is almost over.

There are a couple policies that indirectly influence non-ruling clan party size but the 3 biggest factors are; clan tier, prosperity of the clan fiefs, time between wars.

Established clan leaders tend to have pretty high stewardship skills so they will very rarely max their party size but some of the minor clans and newly raised heirs have -50 to the party size they could have if the right policies and prosperous fiefs were present, on the high end that can result in a difference of 100 in party size during a series of long wars.

If during a war a party is defeated and its leader captured and then they escape and then fight battles every couple of days, the party size is unlikely to be above 60 but if they get a week of peace the party size will get up to 80-120 for most and the higher tier clans with prosperous fiefs can get over 150 in their party given long enough respite between wars or if the war they are fighting is almost over.
Ya but that’s just their individual party. The amount of vassals they are calling into their armies are only crating small armies. 900-1000max while the enemy armies are 1500 plus. There isn’t a lack of vassals either. Because if I go into create an army I can make one almost 3000 strong. And most of my vassals have more influence than me so that’s not the problem either.

Ya but that’s just their individual party. The amount of vassals they are calling into their armies are only crating small armies. 900-1000max while the enemy armies are 1500 plus. There isn’t a lack of vassals either. Because if I go into create an army I can make one almost 3000 strong. And most of my vassals have more influence than me so that’s not the problem either.
It indirectly matters though because the AI usually only calls around a dozen parties into an army (it depends a bit on the # of available clan members/fiefs).

If each of the parties called into an army has average size of 70 then the army is about 850 army size whereas if the average party size is 120 then the resulting army is 1,450.

If you make sure you and your own clan members have party sizes over 100 and at least half are tier 5 units by yourself you should be able to create an army around 700-1,200 depending on your clan tier, then invite other kingdom parties and it should be easy to get up to 1,500-2,000.

Going over 2,000 gets more difficult as battles over time degrade the party sizes so you have to release parties so they can recruit and that cycle stays pretty constant until your kingdom owns more than half the map.

If about 30-50% of your own clan parties have tier 5 units, you can usually defeat about 1.5x your #s though it does depend a bit on your battle size. If you are playing 600 vs 600 and the armies are 800 vs 1,600 the larger army #s can usually crush the smaller army unless you get lucky with the battlefield terrain.

Last edited:
It indirectly matters though because the AI usually only calls around a dozen parties into an army (it depends a bit on the # of available clan members/fiefs).
This can not be true, because the AI is more than happy, to call all of my clan members to their army and this even when my clan is the ruling clan.

Ruling clan parties should only be called by the ruler and not by a vassal.

My allies got my back, no matter who I work for.
D7ph9.png
Just kidding.
This is all the Vlandian Armies for one Castle. Never mind rest of Vlandia being raided.
A.I. strategy is beyond me.

This can not be true, because the AI is more than happy, to call all of my clan members to their army and this even when my clan is the ruling clan.

Ruling clan parties should only be called by the ruler and not by a vassal.
How many days into a campaign are you? I've never seen an AI army above 3000 members in BL and very rare to even get about 2000 unless a couple hundred days into a campaign because Lords dying of old age usually put somewhat of a cap onto max army sizes as AI Lords dies before they reach max party size.

However, AI Lord being able to get 150 is pretty common after a hundred or two hundred days and if you have a big Kingdom with 10+ clan members at 100 party size but the AI Kingdom in a current war has similar number of parties but each party is 150 because companions start lower and train more slowly so usually your own clan members will always be at a disadvantage in party size as minor clans are also smaller parties, your kingdom armies are 90% of the time going to be smaller than the AI kingdoms.

You make up the difference by stocking most of your parties with higher tier units. By 200 days into a campaign you should easily have 2000 6th tier units which allows 100 6th tier units per clan party and still leaves 60-70 6th tiers for most garrisons.

Back
Top Bottom