SP - General Allow players to assign all "discovered" Troop Types to different Group Formations

Users who are viewing this thread

JPA32

Recruit
One of the most annoying aspects of the Party System at the moment is the Troop Groups that constantly shuffle around because of Prisoners/Clan Parties/Garrisons/etc resetting their Formation Type upon changing hands for seemingly arbitrary reasons. Not only that, but if I don't have immediate access to a unit I can't control what formation it's in meaning I need to constantly make small modifications to units as I acquire them if I'm looking to change how units are placed (Taking recruits out of the main infantry pool, or moving my 2 handed units to another group to avoid getting them pelted with arrows during a shield wall)

I'd propose that instead of changing a Troop's Formation under their name in the Party Screen, create a new button there labeled "Formation Groups" that takes you to a sorting screen. In that sorting screen are all 9 categories labeled page by page with prefab modifiable headers per group (Infantry, Archers, Cavalry, Heavy Infantry, Light Infantry, Shielded Infantry, Skirmishers, etc. Could even add additional non-standard groupings such as Bodyguard, Companions, Auxiliaries, etc)

Within these categories all the normal default troop roles would apply but only after you "discover" a unit (Recruit 5 Imperial Recruits, take 3 Looters Prisoner, upgrade 3 Imperial Infantrymen would result in the 3 units listed showing up in the "Formation Groups" tab forever) Allow Companions and family to be listed here too.

Finally, a bit of a sidetrack to this system. When choosing Formation Captains. Please let us choose who is the captain of what and don't let Cavalry Agents be Infantry Captains and vice-versa. It's incredibly annoying when my dismounted infantry is stuck in my Cavalry group and my Horsemen companions are trapped in infantry groups.

Back
Top Bottom