SP - General Allow Player to: 1. attack bandit parties without talking; 2. Refuse to let bandits surrender

Users who are viewing this thread

When the EA first came out, a lot of people already complained that the multiple Loading screens for a simple bandit battle is REALLY annoying and pointless, it's not like you gain anything talking to those bazillion bandits. This absolutely needs to change.

Since then, a big change to the game was made. Bandits now surrender much more readily, and if they have made up their minds to surrender, YOU CAN'T FORCE THEM TO FIGHT! And that is ABSURD. The player is the one with an army chasing the bandits down, the bandits have no leverage to negotiate. Why should I, the commander of an army and potentially a Monarch, agree to whatever they say? Why do I even NEED to talk to them in the first place? Logically, as soon as the bandits are in range, I should just order archers to unleash arrows on their faces. If they don't fight back, I will even order my recruits to beat them to death for some exercise anyways.

However, right now in the game, all too often you are forced to take the bandits in or take them prisoners, even if your party and prisoner capacity is already full to the brim and you have a bunch of troops that need experience and training. The bandits get to DECIDE if you can get any more LOOTS and EXPERIENCE. And that's terrible!

Just make so that when the Player encounter a bandit party, a pane pop out on the left, like when you visit a settlement, with 3 options:
1. Attack - **** those bandits, just load the battle, kill them all, there is no need to waste time with them.
2. Talk - Open the dialogue like we currently have, in case you have room in your party and interest in recruiting or ransoming the bandits. If the bandits refuse to surrender then you can fight or leave as usual.
3. Leave.

With this , you cut out a TONS of superfluous loading screens and give players more initiative to make logical choices. This could be applied to all parties (peasants, nobles, caravans, etc..) or NOT, since you have different options with them, but it is definitely NECESSARY for bandit interaction for a smoother and more immersive gameplay experience.

That's all.

A fix is the fast dialogue mod, it goes right to the "fight" choice screen and skips dialogue.

Yep, there are bunch of things that could be set to auto-decision on party screen, for example.
Without numerous loading screens and dialogues with looter representative, which often seems strange. If you will choose an option to talk - that will be other case.

Back
Top Bottom