SP - General Allow Governors to respond to raiding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
Currently, using one of your companions on a governor slot is a bit of waste compared to having them in their own party or running a caravan to make you money. Maybe it would be a bit more desirable if they would take troops from the militia and garrison to stop people from raiding your villages? It would give smaller parties another set of targets to fight that would be somewhat (with militia) inferior to lord parties. It would allow another way to (slightly) weaken a strong garrison. And players wouldn't feel leased to their land to prevent them from being raided by the AI.

This probably got buried with all a lot of other threads. It would make sense, the only reason I can think not to adopt it is the AI. Would need someone like @mexxico to look at it and give their view on that perspective.

I like the ideas of patrols, but not so much having the governor go with them. Seems like a fast way for me to get pissed off the person i left in the castle is going out and getting captured try to "protect" my villages which would lose me the governor bonuses.

This would be ok if your kingdom was at peace, but I could see this leading to some seriously frustrating moments. I think your patrols should maybe get bonuses from the governors, so putting a militaristic governor could lead to bigger patrols versus a engineer governor who would focus on building fast.

Just my thoughts

Edit: Also I agree with the general sense that the Governor positions feel like a wasted companion or family member when they could be either a party leader or caravan leader and make a bigger impact. Something needs to be done to make Governors feel worth assigning someone too, because right now I don't assign them.

Currently, using one of your companions on a governor slot is a bit of waste compared to having them in their own party or running a caravan to make you money. Maybe it would be a bit more desirable if they would take troops from the militia and garrison to stop people from raiding your villages? It would give smaller parties another set of targets to fight that would be somewhat (with militia) inferior to lord parties. It would allow another way to (slightly) weaken a strong garrison. And players wouldn't feel leased to their land to prevent them from being raided by the AI.
I agree with the idea, but I would suggest to leave the governer in the Garrison. But patrol parties are only available if a governor is apointed. Size/ speed/ scouting range is based on governors skills

I like the ideas of patrols, but not so much having the governor go with them. Seems like a fast way for me to get pissed off the person i left in the castle is going out and getting captured try to "protect" my villages which would lose me the governor bonuses.

This would be ok if your kingdom was at peace, but I could see this leading to some seriously frustrating moments. I think your patrols should maybe get bonuses from the governors, so putting a militaristic governor could lead to bigger patrols versus a engineer governor who would focus on building fast.
Absolutely. ?

Yes, was thinking that Governed Settlements should respond to raids (only if they match or overpower the attackers. If they don't match their power then they stay inside the settlement) where as non-governed settlements doesn't as no leader to lead the troops. Would be great way to prevent being raided every time village comes back and to have more of a reason to have governors.

Back
Top Bottom