Allow clan armies to be created while not in a kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Userre

Recruit
One of the most useful features added to the game that help players start new factions is the clan system. It's no longer just you when you try to become an upstart ruler, but your clan (and its parties) should be there with you. Except it's not possible to create a kingdom without a fief. And until then, you can't create an army, even with your own clan parties.

And so when you go to siege that castle or city, your clan parties literally can't help. There's so much potential there and right now it's just sort of unfulfilled.

It would also be nice feature in that we would be able to gain leadership effectively without the requirement of being in a kingdom.

One of the most useful features added to the game that help players start new factions is the clan system. It's no longer just you when you try to become an upstart ruler, but your clan (and its parties) should be there with you. Except it's not possible to create a kingdom without a fief. And until then, you can't create an army, even with your own clan parties.

And so when you go to siege that castle or city, your clan parties literally can't help. There's so much potential there and right now it's just sort of unfulfilled.

It would also be nice feature in that we would be able to gain leadership effectively without the requirement of being in a kingdom.

I agree 100 percent. The game tries to force you into joining a kingdom.

Why wouldn't a clan be able to create an army? It doesn't make sense.

Especially it hampers you from gaining XP for Leadership skill. As unaligned, this ship has sailed away.
This is why I want it too. Leadership is very good, but being a vassal to raise it up isn't enjoyable for me (every game...). You either make 1 faction too powerful and/or then have to make it too weak when you leave it and it makes the games wars suddenly unbalanced.

Of course it would still be easier as vassal because you could lead more parties (more leadership exp) but would be realistically possible as free clan, where as without leading armies it's just not.

One of the benefits of not being a vassal or a mercenary and of not having your own kingdom is that no one attacks you.

To me, that is a fair trade-off for not being able to create armies.

You should be able to take a fief on your own. Just watch for a fief that has recently changed hands and has no garrison or militia to speak of. Or find a town in rebellion.

If you cannot find a way to take a single fief on your own, then do you really deserve to be king?

One of the benefits of not being a vassal or a mercenary and of not having your own kingdom is that no one attacks you.

To me, that is a fair trade-off for not being able to create armies.

You should be able to take a fief on your own. Just watch for a fief that has recently changed hands and has no garrison or militia to speak of. Or find a town in rebellion.

If you cannot find a way to take a single fief on your own, then do you really deserve to be king?

Yeah but you don't actually own a Fief - so why would any Kingdom attack you anyways? They've got nothing to gain, since you're just a homeless faction.

If a player has the resources to fund multiple parties I say let them form an Army. Be nice if you could level up Leadership that way too. I mean technically you can become a Tier 4 Clan without joining anyone else, and you the Clan Leader would have 0 Leadership experience. I mean really how does that even make sense?

Yeah but you don't actually own a Fief - so why would any Kingdom attack you anyways? They've got nothing to gain, since you're just a homeless faction.

If a player has the resources to fund multiple parties I say let them form an Army. Be nice if you could level up Leadership that way too. I mean technically you can become a Tier 4 Clan without joining anyone else, and you the Clan Leader would have 0 Leadership experience. I mean really how does that even make sense?

You could have a fief, or even multiple fiefs, but without declaring or joining a a kingdom, you are not a threat.

Current playthrough -- All the towns in the western half of Sturgia, plus one castle, but no kingdom yet.

I like expanding and developing my holdings without feeling obligated to conquer the world.

You could have a fief, or even multiple fiefs, but without declaring or joining a a kingdom, you are not a threat.

Current playthrough -- All the towns in the western half of Sturgia, plus one castle, but no kingdom yet.

I like expanding and developing my holdings without feeling obligated to conquer the world.

You can take the whole map one fief at a time and never declare a kingdom. Seems like TW might need to adjust this.

I guess with the "everything has a price" - yes, maybe and to play advocatus diaboli since you can only DoW a faction and a wealthy merchant is none it is totally fine :wink:
The spiffing brit would be happy to say "Mount and Blade Bannerlord is a perfectly balanced game with no exploits". It would make a fine video for boring evenings.

If you're holding a fief or 2 or 10 and don't declare or join a kingdom you're still a kingdom de facto. You just haven't declared yourself one, so the ai doesn't see you as one, but they should. Imho it's gaming the system too much.

I agree!
I am currently in a personal war with the Khuzait, constantly switching Mercenary contract between N.Emps, S.Emps, Aserai and Sturgia.
We have currently pressed them down to only 2k power and strugia has taken 2 of their cities (and Amprela). But if I could create an army without this, I could prolly have taken lots of their castles. Not to really hold, but to annoy!

Omg yes i was literally going to post about that myself!! Such a needed feature

It's pretty hard to get a fief without having joined a Kingdom. I mean you have to have an absolutely massive Party (at which point you basically have a small Army anyways) in order to take most Castles. I don't believe you can form a single party large enough to take most Cities. Well most of the time anyways.

I forgot you can barter for Peace. If you're taking Fiefs one at a time as just a Clan you must be really abusing the Barter system, because I really don't think as Clan you can take on a whole Kingdom unless it's on its last legs. Honestly the whole Barter system needs a lot of fixing since it's quite easy to abuse. I mean if you take a Fief from a Kingdom you should be required to pay like a million Denars to make peace.

So as a Clan it's okay to have 200+ something Party. But if you have one or more of your Companion's Parties join up with your main Party to do the same thing - that's not okay? Doesn't make sense to me.

Obviously as a Mercenary you shouldn't be able to form Armies. But I think any non-aligned Clan should be able to form Armies if it has the means to do so. Actually it would be neat if the the non-Kingdom Clans could form Armies too. That could make them an actual threat, rather then a nuisance.

You can take the whole map one fief at a time and never declare a kingdom. Seems like TW might need to adjust this.
Well it's not as easy as it used to be, but I guess you still can. They want much more money now, even if they're in a very bad situation (in 3 wars with 90% lord in your jail, 0-1 fief left) and if you make peace and then attack again, they want much more. It can be for from say 100 to 200k to 350K then to 1m, a lot. Too much to make the fight and make up strategy work IMO. Sure, if you abused smithing in-between you could do it, but for normal war income it would run you out too fast to be useful. Now I go to war in bulk. I take the whole faction and grind them into the dust before making peace.

On the other hand you can attack rebels an take their towns, which is really good and can be done early without a big war! Of course, these are the worst located towns, towns with poor upgrades, towns very very far apart (usually) and there may be a long time before more rebellion happen. But it's much more peaceful way to play the game imo.

But back OT, I just want to raise leadership without having to fight the whole map! Vassal or ruler, the better you do the more wars they make! Also it help me raise medicine if I put my good troops in a clan party in army with me and use squishy troops :dead: in my own to benefit form and accidents they have in battle.

Of course if they changed these 2 skills so I didn't need the army, I wouldn't care anymore! mo troops mo troubles

I agree with op and think it feels very wonky not being able to form armies of you clan mates. At the same time I agree partially with @clovis_sangrail that not being attacked is an advantage that others dont recieve. Forming an army within someones territory should be an act of aggression in and of itself. But of course we run into a recurrent issues in this game, that territory is in no way defined.

Back
Top Bottom