Open All warband characters deleted today for reasons unknown

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I restarted my warband this evening after having issues connecting to a server, and when I loaded back into multiplayer, I was greeted by the below linked image.

Does anyone have any idea how this happened?
If so, is there any way I can retrieve my characters/profiles? I have had them for years and would rather like them back :sad:

Thanks.

Looks like you had deleted your game/re-installed it OR you have bought a new PC so your characters are stored in your previous one. I can confirm from my 10+ years of experience and with many struggles in regards to character creation etc that this has never happened to me. Maybe yours is a unique case :/

Have you changed any settings or did something that can affect the AppData folders?
The multiplayer profiles and the options are stored in the folder below.
Can you check if this folder has its data inside?
The one you are looking for is "profiles.dat"
"C:\Users\user.name\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband"

Just move the contents of that folder into another folder. Try to play the game and see if the issue still persists. IF the file is still there your player data is also there. But i am not sure how can we retrieve it.

I moved the profiles.dat file out of the folder, and I am back to having no characters at all.

I then moved the profiles.dat file back into it's original place and I have no characters again ;(

Something funny is going on!

Back
Top Bottom