Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
So I got the message that my character was sick. He died days later and first issue comes up. I was not able to let my son be leader, only my wife, big brother, little brother and sister were able too. So I had to choose my little brother and it put me in his group, so my original group went into disbanding mode. I had no access to my old group or companions and here is problem number 2, when I tried talking to my wife who assumed leader the game crashed not once but I tried three times at it crashed three times. So I had to wait for her to relocate all the way back to our town which is I guess our main location while at war fighting for our lives. When she got there atleast the troops went into the garrison and I could grab my wife and companions. then the 3rd problem hit, all my inventory and gear were gone. When it switched to my little brother I got his inventory which was virtually nothing. So everything I accumulated to this point was lost.
So turning death on had now contributed to three problem first with notables not respawning which was fixed, and clans dying out without marriages being allowed and now this mess of losing time and all my inventory when you die. I am shocked they would turn death on and leave it on with all these problems. so it is intended when you die you lose all your inventory?
recap
1st issue- can't let children be heirs
2nd issue-cant access old party when game crashes and party has to disband back at your home base
3rd- entire inventory gone for good
why not just take the heir add that person and their troops to the main party then all you need to do is get rid of excess troops and done, that seems so simple to do yet we leave a system in that causes so many problems and too think no one has mentioned this before would be shocking to me.
what is the TW teams idea to fix all this while we are forced to deal with death on

Last edited:
You can avoid the entire problem if you make sure your heir is in your party, but when you choose someone n another party boom hassle time

In my two cent : I don't like arging - birth system, just want to enjoy the days of youth with my party like warband, I want to have 365days/year in bannerlord coz 84days is too fast. That's only my opinion about the way i enjoy this game

In my two cent : I don't like arging - birth system, just want to enjoy the days of youth with my party like warband, I want to have 365days/year in bannerlord coz 84days is too fast. That's only my opinion about the way i enjoy this game
they did now lower your starting age to 22 but this one was on the older version and its a terrible thing to lose your entire inventory not knowing your heir must be in your group, but I agree love warband things better, I have made suggestions to give us a little more Warband things here but to this point TW hasn't addressed any of my ideas

How is your character dying of old age in a video game fun or entertaining?
As I have suggested in the past, they need to make the game more like Civ 6, where you get a lot of options to customize your game so people can enjoy what they want out of it, and death is a perfect example that some might want off, that is what I think civ 6 did so well that many other companies miss, giving their customers what THEY want, not what TW thinks is best

As I have suggested in the past, they need to make the game more like Civ 6, where you get a lot of options to customize your game so people can enjoy what they want out of it, and death is a perfect example that some might want off, that is what I think civ 6 did so well that many other companies miss, giving their customers what THEY want, not what TW thinks is best
Yeah there is a lot of things they shouldn't waste their time with and just remove from BL. I go much further than that since i don't even understand why they have that campaign map. The combat environments are magnificent and i would rather spend all my time on that screen rather than look at some mario bros style character with a number over the top scroll across a screen for minutes at a time so i can put an item from one inventory box into another inventory box. I repeatedly ask every time i see these kind of things "how is this fun??"

Yeah there is a lot of things they shouldn't waste their time with and just remove from BL. I go much further than that since i don't even understand why they have that campaign map. The combat environments are magnificent and i would rather spend all my time on that screen rather than look at some mario bros style character with a number over the top scroll across a screen for minutes at a time so i can put an item from one inventory box into another inventory box. I repeatedly ask every time i see these kind of things "how is this fun??"
How companies operate is beyond me, if I won a company I would always ask, what can i give the customer to make them happy, these game companies always say what do WE think is best for the game, not the customer, Totally backwards

So I got the message that my character was sick. He died days later and first issue comes up. I was not able to let my son be leader, only my wife, big brother, little brother and sister were able too. So I had to choose my little brother and it put me in his group, so my original group went into disbanding mode. I had no access to my old group or companions and here is problem number 2, when I tried talking to my wife who assumed leader the game crashed not once but I tried three times at it crashed three times. So I had to wait for her to relocate all the way back to our town which is I guess our main location while at war fighting for our lives. When she got there atleast the troops went into the garrison and I could grab my wife and companions. then the 3rd problem hit, all my inventory and gear were gone. When it switched to my little brother I got his inventory which was virtually nothing. So everything I accumulated to this point was lost.
So turning death on had now contributed to three problem first with notables not respawning which was fixed, and clans dying out without marriages being allowed and now this mess of losing time and all my inventory when you die. I am shocked they would turn death on and leave it on with all these problems. so it is intended when you die you lose all your inventory?
recap
1st issue- can't let children be heirs
2nd issue-cant access old party when game crashes and party has to disband back at your home base
3rd- entire inventory gone for good
why not just take the heir add that person and their troops to the main party then all you need to do is get rid of excess troops and done, that seems so simple to do yet we leave a system in that causes so many problems and too think no one has mentioned this before would be shocking to me.
what is the TW teams idea to fix all this while we are forced to deal with death on
Hi, do you have a save file saved before your character died? Can you upload it to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom