All the information I brought back from Gamescom (Banners, bug fixes, futur of the game, UI changes, new crafting parts in forge, consoles, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is the Dragon Banner supposed to be equivalent to the Chrysanthemum banner during the Boshin War, with a decisive morale impact?

Is the Dragon Banner supposed to be equivalent to the Chrysanthemum banner during the Boshin War, with a decisive morale impact?
I suppose so. In the main storyline it was the old standard of the Emperors, you find each piece of the Banner and either use it to claim the right to tule or give it to a ruler to help them legitimise their claim.

In the Virtual Reality equivalent of Mount and Blade -Tales of Glory -either raising both arms up or blowing the War Horn also raises your teams skills for a bit. Its a nice effect and you can hear your soldiers all revved up and yelling after you do it.

In the Virtual Reality equivalent of Mount and Blade -Tales of Glory -either raising both arms up or blowing the War Horn also raises your teams skills for a bit. Its a nice effect and you can hear your soldiers all revved up and yelling after you do it.
Honestly my favorite part of Viking conquest was the war horn, wish we had something similar in bannerlord

In the "X faction destroyed" and "The player giving the Dragon banner to AI faction" cutscenes, we have faction banners.

Could this (faction banners) also be implemented ?

Comment & critiques appreciated. @Duh_TaleWorlds

In the "X faction destroyed" and "The player giving the Dragon banner to AI faction" cutscenes, we have faction banners.

Could this (faction banners) also be implemented ?

Comment & critiques appreciated. @Duh_TaleWorlds
What do you mean by faction banners? If you mean factions/cultures having unique banner designs, this is already a thing (and it also seems like possible banner bonuses are dependent on the banner culture as well but I'm not sure). Or do you mean for example when the player is elected king of say Battania, or if the Battanian faction is eliminated, the banner in the cutscene should be in the style of a Battanian banner?

Last edited:
I was writing an edit, then work came out. :sad:
----------------------
EDIT: Eh, thinking about second time, they are in the game as an implemented object with two/three different levels afaik, sorry.

But will AI use those, and also could we use those, when we joined an AI faction ?

Plus, will player-created custom faction or rebel-born AI faction have their own faction banners ?

If not, it doesn't have to be a art dept. work. Just as an stick&cloth type could be fine by me, to be fair. Better than none.

Thanks...

----------------------------

@Totalgarbage

Sorry for late reply, I didn't see the faction banners in gamescom footages, might have missed probably. All i saw was the formation-buff banners.

The AI definitely does use banners, idk about rebels but I would guess probably. I hope they will also add a few flags per formations (just the cloth on a stick with the clan symbol that doesn't provide any bonus and are just there for visual reasons). I would be okay with units not holding them but carrying them on their back but I'm not holding my breath.

My speculation on this matter is probably player-created and rebel-born ai faction will have pre-styled banner same as Vlandia,Khuzait,etc. Depending on choosen culture.

For example, player-created faction chooses Empire as a Kingdom culture : The kingdom will have Empire style faction banner with a difference on the cloth.

A rebel ai faction born in Battanian settlement: It will have Battanian style faction banner with a difference on the cloth.

Clan banners are good idea i think too. It could enhance the political lore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom