All perks and all skills video now on youtube

Users who are viewing this thread

This is very nice and beautiful but... what is going on with perks? I bet the AI doesn't have access to it. That means the player will have an edge over any of his enemies/companions etc... Another pretty bad design by Taleworlds here.

Very suspicious.

BTW here is the google doc of the guy which gives some insight about skills and perks (and that's worse than I thought, only numbers, terrible) :

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HEQNkaWrrM1_3zYrvV6J28Dl5KMzlMEZlNm-v9wiTDQ/edit

Anto07 said:
This is very nice and beautiful but... what is going on with perks? I bet the AI doesn't have access to it. That means the player will have an edge over any of his enemies/companions etc... Another pretty bad design by Taleworlds here.

Very suspicious.

BTW here is the google doc of the guy which gives some insight about skills and perks (and that's worse than I thought, only numbers, terrible) :

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HEQNkaWrrM1_3zYrvV6J28Dl5KMzlMEZlNm-v9wiTDQ/edit

You're the mvp.

Will your skill only improve through the perks or does the value of the skill also give some bonuses?

aBigHunkOBannerlord said:
Will your skill only improve through the perks or does the value of the skill also give some bonuses?

According to the gdoc, skills and perks give bonuses.

The worst thing is : ten points of tactics = 6% power bonus in simulations. I have never seen such a horrible feature before, in any game. This is just awful  :facepalm:

EDIT : simulations were previously autocalculated battles. Very suspicious.

Anto07 said:

Very suspicious.

Im sure when you increase the difficulty that the added bonus will be given to AI also. If not it obviously makes the game harder so it will balance out in the end depending on how good you are at the game.

Anto07 said:
aBigHunkOBannerlord said:

According to the gdoc, skills and perks give bonuses.

The worst thing is : ten points of tactics = 6% power bonus in simulations. I have never seen such a horrible feature before, in any game. This is just awful  :facepalm:

EDIT : simulations were previously autocalculated battles. Very suspicious.

Accurate. I will not play this game until all of this is modded out. I just can't enjoy the game with those """features""". Autocalc was already a pain before, but now it will just become a question of tactics. I also think that if you have a sufficient amount of tactics, you will perform better than in 3D battles, because of horrendous design. It will delete all the fun of the game almost instantly. This is just... I don't know, it's just not right. If you are developing a video game, don't do that if you want your game to last.
But of course, it's also a sales argument. "IMPROVE YOUR HITPOINTS BY EATING CALRADIA BUTTER WITH ONE HAND ! IMPROVE YOUR PARTY SIZE BY SELLING BUTTER TO JELKALA. INSANE !" It does not make any sense, very disappointing.

Returning to beta, I hope multiplayer will not be corrupted... Well it's not that entertaining but we waited for this right?

I dont really the reasoning behind the dissapointment of auto calculate. If you want to attack a bandit group and you have 150 soldiers, it gets dull going in a fight which is a sure win again and again and again and again.

578 said:
Subscribe to the dude if you can, he wasted his GC playthrough

He sure did! But I don't think encouraging him is the right response.

Anto07 said:

Very suspicious.

Anto was charged 15 squillion rubles for his English language course, and soon after it ended the tutors closed the business and disappeared. Now that's suspicious.

Anto07 said:

Very suspicious.

One of the promises of TW is Npcs will play the game as player does. If they keep this promise, Npcs will have these perks.

I'm not sure they will have gone so far as to give every NPC perks. I suppose it depends whether lords can level up etc, and if the game has them do so. In any case, even if they did, most perks give personal advantages don't they? To things like combat, mostly? In which case the difference would be quite insignificant, because no matter how many perks a lord has to boost his sword or bow damage it won't decide a large battle.

DanAngleland said:
578 said:
Subscribe to the dude if you can, he wasted his GC playthrough

He sure did! But I don't think encouraging him is the right response.

Anto07 said:

Very suspicious.

Anto was charged 15 squillion rubles for his English language course, and soon after it ended the tutors closed the business and disappeared. Now that's suspicious.

you're not as funny as you think you are. Terrible.

One Step Ahead: Allow you to place all troops before battles.

source.gif

*Thank you for sharing

I like the idea for the new levels/perks system, but I'm not a fan of how many filler perks there are.
I'd much rather have a smaller array of perks that have meaningful impact instead of a ton of perks that don't.
I don't care about dealing +2 thrust damage with polearms or +5% raiding speed when raiding villages. Especially when a lot these perks don't even make sense in the first place. Why would being good at wielding two-handed weapons improve my ability to raid villages?
Fewer, more meaningful perks is more engaging in my opinion. It gives a genuine sense of reward whenever you gain a new perk instead of the monotony of a constant stream of perks that don't.
That's not to say that a lot of these perks aren't good. I think many of them are and again, I like the idea.

Terco_Viejo said:
One Step Ahead: Allow you to place all troops before battles.

Interesting, I didn't see any deployment screens outside of sieges..

TdDVZ.jpg

Sadly, unless you have this perk, the enemy might apparently be able to just walk by your siege lines and into towns and vice-versa.

Some rather interesting perks, in 2H now you can randomly block arrows. I remember that it was in the game a year ago but it swing swing off an arrow, no?

DanAngleland said:
I'm not sure they will have gone so far as to give every NPC perks. I suppose it depends whether lords can level up etc, and if the game has them do so. In any case, even if they did, most perks give personal advantages don't they? To things like combat, mostly? In which case the difference would be quite insignificant, because no matter how many perks a lord has to boost his sword or bow damage it won't decide a large battle.
Actually some of them are party perks, like hunting animals with bows etc. Companions will have them why not lords have them? Maybe notables in towns wont have them and its ok
Tree Yaga LOLZZ  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Trade perk design is beautiful, loved it.

Back
Top Bottom