All kingdoms are at war with me

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't even have time to do a proper siege, every two days a kingdom declares war on me. I cannot develop the kingdom, or do anything other than battle and battle, or seek nobles to make peace. Also, getting nobles for my side is very difficult. If I ask them to change sides, they always tell me to ask the clan chief, who is never anywhere. And if I defeat an army, I take 5 noble prisoners, but I can't speak to them in order to they can switch to my side. So the strong kingdoms have 200 nobles and a very large force, but I have to deal with a maximum of 6 or 7 parties for all my fiefs, who are 33. It's crazy.

There should be a smoother process for forming an upstart kingdom so that you don't always need to start with just yourself.

Here are a few ideas:
- Foreign sovereign sponsors independence
- Diplomatic alliances for common foes
- Civil wars and factional alliances/rivalries within realm
- Claims/succession wars

A more robust campaign strategic layer would also help that makes it so that certain parts of the map are easily defensible (e.g. how Portugal and Granada held off the Spanish via terrain advantages)

There should be a smoother process for forming an upstart kingdom so that you don't always need to start with just yourself.

Here are a few ideas:
- Foreign sovereign sponsors independence
- Diplomatic alliances for common foes
- Civil wars and factional alliances/rivalries within realm
- Claims/succession wars

A more robust campaign strategic layer would also help that makes it so that certain parts of the map are easily defensible (e.g. how Portugal and Granada held off the Spanish via terrain advantages)

think that if I have chosen to destroy the empire, the non-imperial factions should have some predisposition in my favor. But they all attack me, right now I'm only at peace with two factions, and I have done nothing (that is, I have never looted a village, I have let nobles go ... -yes, I have killed the royal family Aserai, but it is that I have conquered the kingdom of the Aserai, I have not left its borders either. I have simply made myself king, but the rest of the kingdoms should not care, especially the kingdoms with which they were at war) . A lot of kingdom dynamics, politics and, above all, alliances are missing. And one basic thing: if I have imprisoned a noble, I should be able to speak to him to offer him a place in my kingdom.

This game is in EA so I wouldn't expect too much right now, although we should definitely give feedback on how to improve when we spot issues.

I don't think non-imperial factions are predisposed to helping each other after the start of the game, since it seems like they never really had any sort of rapport for each other according to lore. However, non-neighbours should be pre-disposed to having alliances of convenience against common enemies.

Do you have your companions in their own parties? What I've noticed in my games is that when I put them in their own parties they tend to run off and declare war on other factions for me. Soon as I disbanded them I quit getting declared on as much. Definitely has to be a bug as you should be the only one declaring war for your kingdom.

That because you are an usurper ?

The truth is that I was pissed off and I also just cut off the heads of Raghaea and seven other nobles of the Southern Empire. They have declared war on me four times in a row in a few days, I think they deserve it. In the end, since you can't do diplomacy, the only solution is to kill the nobles. So at least you have fewer armies to fight.

Back
Top Bottom