All about Chain attacks/Combos with examples and why you should know about them!

Users who are viewing this thread

I spent way too long making this, unfortunately I left out some info regarding stances but hopefully it provides useful or at least entertaining to someone!

Enjoy.

Thank you for this. I noticed this happening to me once but was never able to reproduce it, I'm going to try again.

There's another thing I'm wondering about : can cou cancel an attack or a bow shot after you prepared it ? I've seen the AI do this but can the player do it too ?

There's another thing I'm wondering about : can cou cancel an attack or a bow shot after you prepared it ? I've seen the AI do this but can the player do it too ?
You can by blocking (RMB) to cancel animations and attacks as well as lowering your bow.

I try this on two-handed polearm somehow it made me swing considerably slower compare to normal attack.

Yeah you can see the example I used with longer Menaulion, it is quite slow as you might expect. I will do an experiment to see if it is indeed slower! Good observation.

One thing I learned AFTER I made this video is your stance affects the speed of the swing... Really wish I had included that in the video with examples :sad:

As people already said, RMB. Also, if you're drawing your bow and hold it, you'll notice your accuracy gets lower. Well, you can reset that by right clicking without lowering the bow! Very useful imo.

very nice video, but the font you used, while really cool, is hard to read:smile:

lol yeah sorry about that.

it's really hard to reliably and successfully do chain strikes. The controls are finicky, and the input delay is real... I have a better and more enjoyable time with the clunky Kingdom Come combat tbh. Even the mounted combat in BL compared to WB is somewhat hindered. It's next to impossible to maneuver the horse if you don't have high riding skill and a ****ing god-like horse. Also, on horse back, even with the best armor around, you'll get stun-locked or at least stun-chained before you can actually complete your chain strikes. It's really bad =(

Imo the reason behind that is because the game wants to force a small window of time-frame for you to do those. It would be better if we could adjust strikes like in KCD. You start high, you switch to side before releasing. Same for blocking... The blocking sucks, if you missing due to high mouse DPI, you can't correct the block, you're ****ed. Must have robot hands or use a really low sensitivity, which I despise (low sensitivity)

it's really hard to reliably and successfully do chain strikes. The controls are finicky, and the input delay is real... I have a better and more enjoyable time with the clunky Kingdom Come combat tbh. Even the mounted combat in BL compared to WB is somewhat hindered. It's next to impossible to maneuver the horse if you don't have high riding skill and a ****ing god-like horse. Also, on horse back, even with the best armor around, you'll get stun-locked or at least stun-chained before you can actually complete your chain strikes. It's really bad =(

Imo the reason behind that is because the game wants to force a small window of time-frame for you to do those. It would be better if we could adjust strikes like in KCD. You start high, you switch to side before releasing. Same for blocking... The blocking sucks, if you missing due to high mouse DPI, you can't correct the block, you're ****ed. Must have robot hands or use a really low sensitivity, which I despise (low sensitivity)
Chainattacks can be done like 99% of the time, if you put some time in to practice it.

Xdj1nn complained about blocking because of his mouse. So I suggest that he use movement instead to determine block direction.
it's worse because it'll make your character move when you shouldn't be moving at all haha
I think there should be a "on the fly" direction change for blocking.

Back
Top Bottom