Alien Language

Users who are viewing this thread

othr said:
We'll start using martian for troop names soon.

few hints: speer - spear, boge - bow, schwert - sword, armbrust - crossbow, the Nordic ones are much trickier but Amundr made this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118885.0.html

Too confusing, just name every unit 'Fighter' (lords included).

-Instance

I never noticed those units while playing... but as a German i must say, that there are really rare situations when it is correct to use a '-' to combine two words in our language, normally you just add them, like:

Deutschordenshalbbruder
Deutschordernspaladin

or something like this... just a minor detail, and of course I don't know if this was also the correct spelling 800years ago though. Also nobody cares... it's written the wrong way on every second mall product. :oops:

[ /wiseguy ]

Sorry for the late reply, i only use the pc on weekends and on monday

I Downloaded the game again, applied the fixit and the patch

And still, its all in alien language to me, i cannot understand crap of whats written, and I do understand french as well as deutch so im pretty sure its not either of those languages, its just some random ****, I already tried deleting the FR and DE in Mount&Blade "Warband\Modules\1257ad\Languages" and it was still on that strange language, if anyone has any ideas, im open for sugestions.

Ty

EDIT: I am not talking about troop names or anything like that, i am talking about the menus, i never got past the first part of the game because i cannot understand anything of what the guy says there, and neither what my answers are.

EDIT 2: My video settings just for sure:
Texture detail = 100
Shadow detail = Low
Anti Aliasing = OFF
Screen resolution = 1400x900 32bits

Dunno if it has anyting to do it, but in an old thread some guy said lowering texture detail fixed his game, that did not work here as well tho

I dont think its necessary, imagine Chinese with random bars dots and other crap.
Its not some existing lang, just random things, i am pretty sure of it, missing font maybe, yet i recieve no error when starting the game

this my problem how to fix it

1untitled1.jpg

basyoungy! i had the same language 2 months ago, but i don't know how you can fix it.
i say this becouse my problem was becouse of my fault.
when i started the game, an rgl error appeared. fonts.dll cannot find...
i found a font.dll file in game directory, so i simply renamed it.  :oops:
after that, the game finally worked well, except this "little" language failure. :grin:
after that i've read the faq, and realized, what can be the solution for rgl error. so i reinstalled the game, and the alien language never appeared again.
i don't have any idea how can this language appear in any other case, but i'm sure, this is the same one.

long live 1257ad!

I'm currently experiencing this error as well. It's really strange though because every other mod and Native version seems to have the normal font, but every time I load up AD 1257, I get these jumbled and broken letters.

Yes I have followed the recommendations made in the stickied posts about forcing single threading and load textures on demand. As far as I'm aware though, it isn't a lag issue but seems to be some compatibility problem with the languages. I've also tried removing the de and fr folders in the language sub-folder but the problem still persists.

Please help! This problem came up during 0.95pre8 as well and I never found the solution to it. Please note this is not an issue on troops having foreign names, this language simply does not exist!

best and easiest way to fix it is go to C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\1257ad\languages Delete both folders That Remain inside
Dont Delete Language folder just the two folders inside
If this does not work then wait for other replays

Sn0bb said:
Is this suppose to be normal? The names of the troops? It's all in german language and I must say that it's hard to remember what they really are out of the bat.

1257.jpg

So I deleted the folders from .../modules/1257/languages/ folder and it didnt change this. Or am i suppose to delete the folders from main languages folder?
And Yes that Is normal

Back
Top Bottom