Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

angincourt

Recruit
I am in the progress of making a mod right now, Alexander, there will be 6 factions.Greece, Persia, Egypt, Germania, Babylonia, and the Amerians(before they were conqured.The mod will have a map covering from germanis to borders of india(mordern day india).
In the mod you will be able to enter your prisoners, soliders, even companians to fight in the local arena, which will give you a lot of fame and money aswell if your good.Once you defeat Alexander you will have the ability to buy elephants for your armies, the mod will also have to 200 lords, 30 companions and historical weapons, armour, goods, troops and locations.Depending on interst I will update more info later

good luck.

There are probably materials from this time frame already floating about somewhere.

Isn't this in Alexander times? "Greece" from what I recall, by then it was nothing more than a word of the region or an "fictional" country...

macedonia (alexander and philips empire) conquered the greek-city states, so in reality there was no "greek" faction
...well according to history

There never was a complete Greek faction. Were always many different Greek faction. Macedon conquered a large part of Greece but not all. Many states were independent.

And don't know what to think of this. It seems its not really going to be accurate. If you look at mods like M&M and Vikingr it shows that good accuracy on equipment and the factions tends to pay off.

Best would be a mod which would essentially be a Europa Barbarorum II conversion. Ask for permission and then simply copy their work. Or does someone know if M2:TW models can be used in M&B?

By "Greece" , I believe he means the unified ancient Greeks. It's the only reasonable explanation... I probably will be "Greece" after Phillip II and Alexander conquered the rest of the Greeks or something.

Well if he's planning to do a unique faction out of those city states then he should use the "Greek City-States", far more awesome and far more realistic. Anyways it's his decision.

Good Luck with the mod. (Awaiting for more info)

Winterz said:
Isn't this in Alexander times? "Greece" from what I recall, by then it was nothing more than a word of the region or an "fictional" country...

No one has noticed this...
Greece, Persia, Egypt, Germania, Babylonia, and the Amerians
1. Egypt is kinda insignificant. 2. Germania has nothing to do with the regions Alexander went to, Thracians would be the closest culture as Alexander confronted them. 3. Ermm, they don't exist anymore. 4. I don't know who they are.

Greece, Persia, Egypt, Germania, Babylonia, and the Amerians
1. Egypt is kinda insignificant. 2. Germania has nothing to do with the regions Alexander went to, Thracians would be the closest culture as Alexander confronted them. 3. Ermm, they don't exist anymore. 4. I don't know who they are.

Gothic Knight has a point, the egyptians did crown alexander pharoah as soon as he set foot in the nile delta

Yes sorry, I mean macedonia not Greece(sorry for the confusion :roll:).The main idea of the mod is you enter the world of Europe and the Middle East and your goal is to first defeat Alexander, then conquer other nations, or join an other nation to defeat Alexander, Take control of the faction your in then go on to conquer the world. This is not entirely historical, such as troops only a few that are not historicaly based. Basically its entirely historical based, say 5% is not. This is going to be changed over time due to users voting, if something is bad i will change, such as faction choice.Will post more info soon :grin:

hmm better will be is you could post anything what you actually can do or you did
cause discusions is nothing it wont make your mod
another question do you have a team?
are you planing alone do this mod ?
do you know how long mod making takes time, even if could get a lot of things from other mods (that may take years or even more)

Back
Top Bottom