OSP Medieval 3D Art Al Mansur packs - Medieval bombard uploaded

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder if it worth making painted versions of the helmets, like that
JqdR.jpg

Al_Mansur said:
I wonder if it worth making painted versions of the helmets, like that
JqdR.jpg
Shure thing ! Painted helms will look like full set with surcoats of same color. The colors mustn't be toxic though :razz:
Also if you please make more swords - historically true models. In 1257 AD swords are rather few  :sad:

Some helmets depicted on sources has only one color. But I will make some with several colors :wink:

Btw, I have started to make great helms.

Edit: Dejawolf's new coifs made me realize how ****ty my mouth-covering mail coif model is.

I don't think yours are ****ty though. I somewhat prefer his models, but the textures he's used for the mail coifs is completely different from the textures most mail in my mod has, which causes quite a disrepancy in looks.

Some map icons
www.megaupload.com/?d=H0ILHG9L

The helmets pack will be remade. I realized that they weren't enough good, above all their lods and turban tetxures.

Woah, new map icons! And they look nice with poly number one tenth of standard ones!

Could you please be so kind to make some more? And not castles of towns, but other fun stuff, like wheat fields, grapeyards, ranches, mills and watchtowers to put near villages indicating their wealth and completed constructions, random houses for quest-specific locations on the global map, small docks with fishing boats to place as static scenery near coastal towns and villages... I could compile an entire List of Wishful Thinking for that kind of stuff. :wink:

You give me good ideas, thanks.
A list of the icons I already planed to make:
- Alhambra (in three versions: 11th century, 13th and 14th)
- Nasrid castle and town
- Almohad castle and town
- Moorish castle and town
- Middle Eastern town and castle
- Monastery
- Constantinople
- Malbork
- Roman ruins
- Castles ruins
- Fortified bridges
- Watchtowers
- Cities with harbors

I hope I could make some of the stuffs you suggest.

Ruins and monastery, right! /kicks himself for not thinking about those/

Well, the things I want the most are village-related icons. It would take me a few days to write the scripts and yet another mini-mod would be born. :smile:

As for the ideas, a smithy icon would be nice too, army field camp (with big commander's tent in the center) and maybe one or two variants for military/mercenary training camps. All other things I can think of at the moment are pretty low-priority stuff.

:grin:  some interesting finds, you might like !

Andalusian great-helms

picture2sx.png

more exotic helmets

picture1xdq.png

references from  the "arms and armor of the crusading era V.1" by David Nicole
sorry for the small size of the scans - I added colored dots to differentiate between Muslim & Christian figures

001rtk.jpg

002rxe.jpg

yghjm.png

picture1eq.png

artwork from The "Cantigas de Santa Maria"

imcantigas0.jpg

cantigasdesantamariahis.jpg

cantigasdesantamariaf63.jpg

cantigasdesantamariatro.jpg

cantigasdesantamariaf63.jpg

imcantigas04.jpg

cantigasdesantamariaf99.jpg

a knight in the army of DON GARCIA FERNANDEZ as depicted in the Cantigas

11dongarciafernandezcon.jpg

Andalusian guantlets, jousting helmets & other items (14th to 15th centuries)

picture1zv.png

moorisharmsarmor.png

img336p.jpg

:wink: good luck !

Back
Top Bottom