Aiming

Users who are viewing this thread

PipeBird

Recruit
Hello.

Okay, so I've been playing this game for quite a while now, and there's one thing that I do not understand. The aiming.

What is this? You just aim and hope you're lucky enough to get a kill like when you play Yatzee? I consistently cannot hit ANYTHING when everyone else runs around with a freaking 13-5 score. I have no idea what's going on, and whenever I get a kill it's all luck. Sometimes, I didn't even aim at the guy I shot!! What is up with this? What do you do? It's so frustrating to a point where the game's just no fun to play.

PipeBird said:
Hello.

Okay, so I've been playing this game for quite a while now, and there's one thing that I do not understand. The aiming.

What is this? You just aim and hope you're lucky enough to get a kill like when you play Yatzee? I consistently cannot hit ANYTHING when everyone else runs around with a freaking 13-5 score. I have no idea what's going on, and whenever I get a kill it's all luck. Sometimes, I didn't even aim at the guy I shot!! What is up with this? What do you do? It's so frustrating to a point where the game's just no fun to play.

Muskets are inaccurate, it is how the gun play works. I imagine most of the kill you see on the board are from melee kills. Nonetheless there are certain ways to condition yourself and make your shot count more. Aim with the collapsed reticule before you present, try to get as much of the enemy into your cross hair as possible, and don't try accounting for bullet drop unless you are shooting at an extreme distance.

Best way to shoot is crouched while in first person and aim directly at the person, the cross hair is not exactly accurate in 3rd person. Those high kills are also most likely not from gun-play, but from melee.

I generally switch to 1st person for shooting, medium to long range shots are just pure luck but its quite easy up close.

Most kills you see are still caused by melee though.

Back
Top Bottom