Ailettes

Users who are viewing this thread

thick1988

Master Knight
ailett_det.jpg

^^^ Im trying to implement these onto an armor mesh, however during animations it morphs beyond all recognition and in a normal standing position bends around to conform to the shoulders which isn't something I'd like.

I know on Narf's Transitional Early Plate armor, he has some metal shoulder pieces which do not have this issue. I was wondering if there is something I can do within Wings or OpenBRF to prevent this from happening. Or is it more to do with the rigging?

Thanks,

It needs to be handled by the rigging.  Adjust the vertex weights until it no longer occurs.  In most cases, you want those verts to be either attached entirely to the shoulder or thorax bone (i.e., they will not follow the arms at all, which looks gimpy but it's about the only reasonable solution for giant, anime-style shoulder guards or guards that cross the shoulder / arm boundary by a significant amount) or to follow the upper arm bone, ignoring the shoulder.  Using auto-rig for this kind of armor is very much not recommended, you simply can't get good results :smile:

xenoargh said:
It needs to be handled by the rigging.  Adjust the vertex weights until it no longer occurs.  In most cases, you want those verts to be either attached entirely to the shoulder or thorax bone (i.e., they will not follow the arms at all, which looks gimpy but it's about the only reasonable solution for giant, anime-style shoulder guards or guards that cross the shoulder / arm boundary by a significant amount) or to follow the upper arm bone, ignoring the shoulder.  Using auto-rig for this kind of armor is very much not recommended, you simply can't get good results :smile:

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I'll get to work on it now :smile:

Back
Top Bottom