SP - General AI War targets

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I'm getting little annoyed at factions declaring war against factions on the other side of the map. Vlandia and Khuzait have nothing to gain from going to war with each other.

At very least, the AI should prefer to declare war against neighboring factions, instead of factions half way across the map.

I'd also like to see the diplomacy screen updated to included vassal clans' preferences regarding who to go to war with next, or if the current war should be continued. Each vassal clan would tend to prefer to declare war on the faction who is neighboring their fiefs, as they would have an increased chance of gaining those fiefs if taken during a war, or they might want to avoid a war with that faction because their fiefs are poorly defended. This could also give the player an opportunity to steer the faction they are a vassal of in a direction they like.

I agree with it, but I don't think it will be changed as the same thing was with Warband. Although, sometimes, a large army decides to go for a long march to the other end of the map just to fight a castle/city. This makes the factions fief poorly defended to attacks. On the other hand, it would be better to fight a country on the other side, which is less powerful than fighting a neighbouring faction, which is more powerful.

Didn't Warband have a system where each faction thought a neighboring faction's city was actually their own territory, as a way to encourage war between neighboring factions instead of going to war at random? Or was that a mod?

Back
Top Bottom