AI Still go for towns/castles miles into enemy territory and do stupid stuff on the campaign map

Users who are viewing this thread

The Great Grub

Sergeant
i remember seeing a dev blog where it said that ai on the map always prioritize border towns and castles however the more i play the more i realize that is not the case every time i see my faction take a city or a castle its always in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of enemy territory. The ai really needs some work in both battle and in sieges mostly in sieges as the ai are usually pretty good on the field in my experience
Sieges however are a big problem for the ai, i had it where we went to take a city with a rather large garrison in the middle of enemy territory and we only built one siege engine which was a ram after breaching the first gate the ai just ran off and climbed up the ladders to their deaths rather than going for the gates

AI on the campaign map needs a lot of work this is not the only issue i have ran into with the ai on the map i have seen it where the ai try and take on vastly bigger armies on the field and lose and therefor getting all their lords in that army captured which allows for the enemy to snowball easier. I have seen it where armies trying to relive sieges and they just stare at the enemy while they are besieging the castles even tho the relieving force outnumbers that of the attackers
ive also had it where my own faction raids my villiages( not sure if this is intentional and occurs when a lord hates you so much they raid your fiefs)
There is so much more stuff i could add to this but id end up with a 10000 word essay but this is mostly the major stuff that needs to be addressed
Edit: so i just watched a army loose 400 men taking a garrison of 100 with no siege equipment

Last edited:
I saw a message that said... Ragnav was captured by looters. Yup the king was captive by looters.
In warband that would be very strange.... but it just shows what is possible... and... I like it.
Maybe they are picking on easy castles. .. not making Frontier castles.

I saw a message that said... Ragnav was captured by looters. Yup the king was captive by looters.
In warband that would be very strange.... but it just shows what is possible... and... I like it.
Maybe they are picking on easy castles. .. not making Frontier castles.
i wish that was the case but we attacked a town with 300 troops in the garrison and a castle with 150

The Vlandians keep riding past towns to capture castles much deeper in enemy territory. I think this might be the result of a snowball prevention change. It makes no military or logical sense to bypass a town that is ripe for the picking. I am going to raise an army and take the damn town myself. I now have the influence to see that it goes to me.

Back
Top Bottom