AI recruitment in 1.5.7

Currently viewing this thread:

Noobier

Veteran
WB
Until this patch the AI just did 50/50. So Mods that changed the troop trees had to be aware of that.
With 1.5.7 this changed and the AI should focus on having a mixed force, by selecting upgrade path that lead to cav.

How does this work?
How does the AI know wich upgrade path to take?
Are the percenteges modable?

geala

Sergeant
Interesting, I would like to know too. Also to add a question, does the AI need to follow the actual entrances in "upgrade targets" in the spnpccharacter.xml or does it use it's own (unmoddable) upgrade file?

mexxico

Developer
Small code block I added at 1.5.7, somebody who dealt with programming before can look and explain system and conditions and math behind it :

froggyluv

Master Knight
NW
@mexxico here to save the day again. :smile:

Now I just need someone to translate it for my dummy a**

Looks like it ups the chances of all factions except Khuzaits of recruiting or upgrading cav from an initial 12% to now 20%

Parties with an already high Cav ration looks like 0.36 or 36% shouldnt do this but looks like there is still some chance they may. It says it wants to prevent parties from hitting the 45% Cav ratio mark as that badly imbalances the game.

Noobier

Veteran
WB
If I understood the code correctly the AI looks if the unit can upgrade into a cav and then chooses the cav option, if the cav/inf ratio is below 36%.
And I think it looks for the shortest route to cav troops?!
The code does not distinguish between mounted archers and meele cav, I think.

Am I right?

Top Bottom