AI ranged units

Users who are viewing this thread

i see alot of people complain about rangers accuracy
they feel like they ve aim bot

truth is they arent very accurate they are smart

if you keep moving left and right the AI will try to predict your movement and shoot where you will be
and then you be like damn AI rangers too stronk
no they are just smart

I agree a bit. If anyone has played the Prophesy of Pendor mod, then the archers in Bannerlord isn't on the level of Noldor Rangers, that's for sure.

if you keep moving left and right the AI will try to predict your movement and shoot where you will be
no they are just smart

AI cannot predict if you circle him at high speed on horse

no they are just smart
Yes exactly. If you change directions regularly when you charge them they can't even hit you once. I think archer ai in the game is very well done.

I don't think the issue is that all archers are too good. High tier elite archers should definitely be more accurate and able to predict movements. Its that even the low tier archers are able to do it just as well. You charge at some looters and you see guys turning and throwing behind them because they know that's where your horse will be when the rock gets there. That's too much. Low tier troops should be kind of inept at the things that high tier troops are good at.

Looters!!!! Early game when I charge them with my Sumpter horse, they deflect my spear attacks with their hammers and sickles, using a swift move of their wrist. That should be some top tier unit move.

I don't think the issue is that all archers are too good. High tier elite archers should definitely be more accurate and able to predict movements. Its that even the low tier archers are able to do it just as well. You charge at some looters and you see guys turning and throwing behind them because they know that's where your horse will be when the rock gets there. That's too much. Low tier troops should be kind of inept at the things that high tier troops are good at.
alot of people complain about the ai being easy so it keep getting buffed to the point where looters can block and predict

A lot of us complaining, but not because the AI is too strong against the player in individual/small scale combat, but because archers are op against AI armies. This is making larg battles dull, as once you have a bunch of archers and take a defensive positon, they will just gun down waves of enemy without much losses.

One a sidenote this was somewhat similar in PoP as well, with the xbow knights and ravenstern archers, but there at least the AI had some huge nasty armies like the nomads and noldors :smile:

A lot of us complaining, but not because the AI is too strong against the player in individual/small scale combat, but because archers are op against AI armies. This is making larg battles dull, as once you have a bunch of archers and take a defensive positon, they will just gun down waves of enemy without much losses.

One a sidenote this was somewhat similar in PoP as well, with the xbow knights and ravenstern archers, but there at least the AI had some huge nasty armies like the nomads and noldors :smile:
I can agree with that. More variety is needed.

And for goodness sake Taleworlds, please buff Sturgia infantry!

This is the problem, once you build up enough archers battles become stale.

Hear hear!

I can agree with that. More variety is needed.

strugia doesnt need a buff it needs 2 things
1-the special unit tree (worse cav) need to be replaced with infantry so they can have tier 6 infantry(best infantry)
2-they need to fix shield walls lil bit more

more shields as well

Amassing archers was OP in Warband too. In Pendor, I equipped my custom knight order better than Noldor Rangers, and completely wrecked every battlefield no matter the army size disparity (200 of my knights vs. 2000 demons? No problem!). In vanilla warband, I massed Vaegir Marskmen for bows and Rhodok Sharpshooters for crossbows and shield walls, and not even the so-called OP Swadian knights could compete!

I found Bannerlord much the same. Bows are king. At least in Bannerlord, cavalry is a stronger counter to an archery line and in Warband.

Isn't a big part of that due to AI armies having mostly unshielded, cloth wearing recruits who are particularly vulnerable to archers? Seems like that will be less of an issue once they figure out how to make lords field better troops

If the AI moved in with his archers to skirmish first, like in the Total War games, then both sides would suffer archer losses and make it easier for the infantry to move in for the melee later. Now archers are OP both because of the tactics employed and probably way to good stats for some of them.

I won my first tournament with 5 skill in archery, shooting several opponents out. I think it might be to strong for them when they have 90 as tier 2 militia archers, plus 2 bag of arrows. Fian Champions got 280

On one hand i still dont mind archers and skirmisher being good, so we have to be careful, I just wish the AI would be careful too and use some tactic and have some disciplined tier 2+ units that dont all turn around looking at me when I ride behind them, only for them to be shot in back.

When I first saw the campaign map and units, I thought they where trying to make factions like Sturgia and Battania, raiders. Like bandits only more organised and the others with old school standing armies. So we would have to play them differently and not stomp on the bigger factions but raid them and then slowly gain land from them, when they fight in the other end of the map.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom