SP - General AI parties should fortify in nearby towns/castles when they spot a larger enemy party or army

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
I don't know if this behavior just hasn't be added in, or if it was purposely left out to force more field battles, but it's silly for nobles and small armies to not use fortified locations whenever possible.

I also think that once a noble party spots an army headed to siege a fief, they should go there and wait to help defend... maybe even form their own army if possible. Right now armies are very reactionary. They just sorta form, regardless of war or peace, and then look for something to do. Would be cool if they were formed more conditionally, like to stop an invading army, or to siege a fief that's been thoroughly scouted.

I don't know if this behavior just hasn't be added in, or if it was purposely left out to force more field battles, but it's silly for nobles and small armies to not use fortified locations whenever possible.

Absolutely! Condition: the fief belongs to their faction.

I also think that once a noble party spots an army headed to siege a fief, they should go there and wait to help defend... maybe even form their own army if possible. Right now armies are very reactionary. They just sorta form, regardless of war or peace, and then look for something to do. Would be cool if they were formed more conditionally, like to stop an invading army, or to siege a fief that's been thoroughly scouted.

+1!
I hope this is connected to the announced features with defensive and offensive wargoals, set by rulers.

We will start working on this issue next week. Probably you will see this feature after mid February. I will post this thread to office communication channel so design team will see what you posted. Please add which options you want to have over your clan parties & kingdom parties (when king). We will examine all ideas and try to come up with a solution by selecting some of them.

For example :
As Clan Leader :
  • I want to be able to limit party's recruitment at X. (Stop recruiting when reached X men)
  • I want to priotize which troop types my party will recruit (infantry / archer / cavalry)
  • I want to change agressiveness of my party so it will always defend or always attack
  • I want my parties to not join armies led by other lords

As King :
  • I want to prioritize a target settlement for hostile actions.
  • I want to prioritize a settlement to defend

If you add what you want to see as list shown in example it can be better but all formats are ok of course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom