AI lords must execute each other

Users who are viewing this thread

VikingTiger

Recruit
Execution is bannerload's new system
It is also the biggest difference from Warband.
But, except the player no one is doing
Why don't execute between AI lords???
After over 10000 simple battles No one dies
In war games, this is very unrealistic.
game is monotonous and there is no thrill

There is a mod that supports this, but it crashes every time it is updated.
I think this should work in vanilla mode
I don't want to depend on mods and believe in vanilla
Also, it is better if it behaves differently depending on the character of the lords.

viewimage.php

Last edited:
This + reduce the execution penalty

Execution is pretty useless and obscure right now since its only player doing it and all clans of Calradia start hating you for literally eliminating your enemies

Yea its bad that all the noble death is centered around the player character.

Enter some big fights, people die. Just stay out of war and let everyone else fight it out... they all go on to old age.

This + reduce the execution penalty

Execution is pretty useless and obscure right now since its only player doing it and all clans of Calradia start hating you for literally eliminating your enemies
Not, when you execute a character who is dishonorable.

You lose only relation with faction and clan of the executed character, but no honor or relation with other characters.

Not, when you execute a character who is dishonorable.

You lose only relation with faction and clan of the executed character, but no honor or relation with other characters.
Doubt its working that way. I only executed a bunch Aserai nobles and now whole Battanian realm hates my character just as much as Aserais

Doubt its working that way. I only executed a bunch Aserai nobles and now whole Battanian realm hates my character just as much as Aserais
"How dare you behead those guys over there you monster." ~ Caladog

"What's that cup made of?" ~ Butterlord9001

"A skull." ~ C

"Well actually *pushes glasses upwards* it's based on relationships, so if they're on his friends list he won't like you... so it's balanced." ~ Dev

"Yea but there are over a hundred lords on his friends list and there is like 200 lords in the game so..." ~ Butterlord9001

"Listen here you little shi-" ~ D

Last edited:
"How dare you behead those guys are over there you monster." ~ Caladog

"What's that cup made of?" ~ Butterlord9001

"A skull." ~ C

"Well actually *pushes glasses upwards* it's based on relationships, so if they're on his friends list he won't like you... so it's balanced." ~ Dev

"Yea but there are over a hundred lords on his friends list and there is like 200 lords in the game so..." ~ Butterlord9001

"Listen here you little shi-" ~ D
Legit its such a braindead feature that every single noble in the game has atleast a dozen of BFFs

Its tad ironic when such a reaction comes from the Battanians, faction of forest savages by the way. Thankfully my Battanian waifu loves some good old ultra violence unlike her relatives

I think that might be tied to the auto-disbanding of rebel factions if they lose their settlement(s). They cease to exist without necessarily being defeat by any AI or the player.

I agree and also disagree. I agree that AI lords should execute each other once in a while but not all the time. And of course, AI Kings should not execute other AI Kings. As the saying goes, "Kings don't execute other kings" (or something like that; from Kingdom of Heaven). And Bannerlord doesn't take place during the equivalent of the French Revolution so we can't have kings being beheaded every time they are captured.

Disagreement Points
  • The problem is that AI lords are often caught so an entire AI family would be wiped out pretty quickly
  • Another problem is that in real life, not every noble who was captured was executed, even if they were the enemy. Instead, they were used as hostages for ransom or diplomacy to settle on a peace treaty. Granted, there aren't much diplomacy tools for the player.
  • Families and nobility are just not fleshed out enough to allow mass murder of the nobility because there does not exist a randomly generated family to take over the extinction of another family (correct me if I'm wrong).
  • Calradia is really small. The marriage system is also really messed up with nobles intermarrying way too often. Bannerlord endgame family is Habsburg and you just don't execute kinfolk even if you are at war with them.
So in essence, there are much more problems than AI lords who don't execute each other that have to be addressed. There can be a super lazy fix by just integrating some lore about how nobles never get executed in Calradia and that the player executing nobles is the first time happening in Calradian history (which is why Calradian nobles get angry at the player for executing an AI noble in the first place).

I've already killed several lords in battle. I don't know if its possible for NPCxNPC battles. But if it is, then executions on top would be an overkill for the lord population unless balanced, for example cruel has 10% execution rate, merciful has 1% execution rate (for those they hate) and without traits a 5%.

There was a mod for this but now its outdated.

P.S they should fricken add the option for NPC's to surrender.

Back
Top Bottom