AI keeps declaring war on everybody, while losing its current wars

Users who are viewing this thread

I was a low mercenary for Sturgia trying to become a real vassal. Before i was even able to reach clan lvl 2 (I was rushing lvl 2 hard), the leader of Sturgia kept declaring wars against literally everybody. I think there should be a limit of being in war with max 3 factions and a faction shouldnt declare a new war while losing its current war(S). It made the game unplayable and i had to quit, because the AI kept losing wars and making the decision to start new wars. And NO, the other factions did not declare war on Sturgia, but Sturgia on other factions.

Sturgia had a war with one of the empire factions then suddenly Sturgia declares war on Vlandia, for no obvious reason..Vlandia stole Varcheg. Sturgia declares war on Battania, Battania steal REvyl, Sturgia then declares war on Kuzait (while still being at war with Vlandia and Battania and the empire and losing all those wars) Khuzait steals a northern Castle, Sturgia declares war on Aserai (ON F**KING ASERIA, who is on the other side of the world with tons of enemies in between and nothing to gain and no reason to declare the war, while losing 4 other simultanious wars. In the end Sturgia declared in total 7 or even 8 wars with different factions before i quit. Is there a coding or something to make the Sturgian faction suicidal?

There is something broken here in the AI thinking. There should be limits put. on the amount of wars. And when in a war it is not logical to declare another war. It is a different story if another faction declares war on you (which would be smart). but declaring war against other factions while losing current wars is just so unrealistic. Imagine the Netherlands in the WWII (which lost against germany in 3 days) deciding on the 2nd day to declare war against france and Britain, just doesnt make sence...

I am so glad my only problem rn is a rampant Northern Empire. I guess I will start to execute every single one after reading about the rampages here...

Sturgia seemed really bugged as i have now played 4 games where they got eliminated in 2 years. In each case they would play like a normal faction, then suddenly go on a suicide trip of declaring wars while losing really bad to the ones they are already fighting. Current game we have 1 castle left and 2 towns. We are at war with all but Southern Empire who has 1 town left, no castles. We also have 4 nobles (3 not counting player) and no mercenaries anymore. So yes

Really hope this gets some deep calibrating as its somewhat depressing thinking the AI is just doing things like War silly nilly. If thats the case my time in this game will be much more short term

Honestly, I wish the AI took more into account existing wars. For example, if your at war with one faction, it would avoid declaring another war. Now this doesn't preclude another faction declaring war on you to take advantage of the fact your distracted by another faction but the faction at war shouldn't be declaring war on multiple fronts at once.

On a side note, a faction shouldn't be declaring war on another faction on the other side of the map that it has to go through 2-3 other factions to get to. Seriously wars should be between bordering nations only.

I was a low mercenary for Sturgia trying to become a real vassal. Before i was even able to reach clan lvl 2 (I was rushing lvl 2 hard), the leader of Sturgia kept declaring wars against literally everybody. I think there should be a limit of being in war with max 3 factions and a faction shouldnt declare a new war while losing its current war(S). It made the game unplayable and i had to quit, because the AI kept losing wars and making the decision to start new wars. And NO, the other factions did not declare war on Sturgia, but Sturgia on other factions.

Sturgia had a war with one of the empire factions then suddenly Sturgia declares war on Vlandia, for no obvious reason..Vlandia stole Varcheg. Sturgia declares war on Battania, Battania steal REvyl, Sturgia then declares war on Kuzait (while still being at war with Vlandia and Battania and the empire and losing all those wars) Khuzait steals a northern Castle, Sturgia declares war on Aserai (ON F**KING ASERIA, who is on the other side of the world with tons of enemies in between and nothing to gain and no reason to declare the war, while losing 4 other simultanious wars. In the end Sturgia declared in total 7 or even 8 wars with different factions before i quit. Is there a coding or something to make the Sturgian faction suicidal?

There is something broken here in the AI thinking. There should be limits put. on the amount of wars. And when in a war it is not logical to declare another war. It is a different story if another faction declares war on you (which would be smart). but declaring war against other factions while losing current wars is just so unrealistic. Imagine the Netherlands in the WWII (which lost against germany in 3 days) deciding on the 2nd day to declare war against france and Britain, just doesnt make sence...
Unfortunately it's not just Sturgia. I just experienced a similar situation with the Southern Empire - declaring wars on factions while losing the multiple wars it is already engaged in... Why would any faction down to 3 cities and a castle declare war on a fourth faction while losing the three wars it is already in?

I'm really enjoying this game but there are some things, like this^^, that defy belief. Whether it's the fact that soldiers can't climb ladders or even ramps (which is concerning even though we are in EA), or that sieges aren't fully fleshed out (haven't implemented keep battles), or that family and inheritance system isn't ready (no marriages - just buying a bride, no training of offspring, no hearth management etc.), or that there ARE NO FEASTS! Or that that faction leaders declare war on other factions seemingly randomly without any rhyme or reason or benefit... I mean... What?

But still... I continue to put so many hours in because it's Mount & Blade and it's great (even though it isn't finished).

Sturgia are way to war hungry and get wiped out way to early as a result in my playthrough they declared war on everyone in the same day so we got steamrolled by every faction

yeah, my campaign ended up Vlandia taking 1/2 of the map, Kuzait holding 1/3 and Azerai in the bottom with 5 towns. Gave banner to the exiled Empress Rhaegea and took 3 castles for her... + the banner (.....never trust them with the Banner again please, for I am the true son of Calradia), next thing she did, is go on and declare war on both Vlandia and Kuzait...which overwhelms the just rebuilt Southern Empire to totally crumble ... yet again...

From a few more play thoughs, this time just leaving game on fast forward and not intervening, this happens to any faction you are either a mercenary of or vassal of. I allow it to usualy run 2 years unless they are otherwise dead before then which if your anyting other than Val or Kuzait your faction will most likely be long gone before 2 years. Val and Kuzait are just soo powerful that they seem to be able to carry a world war and i have yet to see after 2 years what happens to them.

Back
Top Bottom