Resolved [AI] Infantry using polearm and shield under shield wall arrangement will not defend when facing arrows from enemy horse archers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
It exists in all e1.5.*.
Infantry using polearm, such as spear or javelin in melee mode, under any defensive arrangement (such as shield wall arrangement), will not defend using shield when facing any enemy arrows from horse archer.
How to Reproduce:
The easiest way to reproduce is to enter a custom battle, but it can be produced in campaign battle too.
Enter a custom battle, then:
  • Set player side to Attacker (to make the enemy infantry in defensive arrangement).
  • Set the enemy general to a character with horse to avoid bodyguard formation (for example choose Ratagost).
  • Set the enemy faction to Vlandia, and set the ratio of enemy infantry to 100% (Vlandia infantry has spear and no javelin, so when they are facing horse archer they will use spear, instead of javelin in ranged mode.) and set the infantry number to 100 or any number large enough.
  • Set the ratio of player horse archer to 100% and set number large enough.
  • Click start to begin the battle. Then the enemy infantry should be in shield wall arrangement.
  • Press F4 to hold fire, then let the horse archer go in front of the enemy infantry with appropriate distance.
  • Press F4 to let the horse archer fire at will.
  • Then nearly all the enemy infantry will put down their shield when the arrows are going to hit them.
Scene Name (if related): Not related
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 super
GPU Driver Version: 461.92
CPU: Intel i7 10700K
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Not related
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Not related

Last edited:
I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom