Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

RodLimitless

Recruit
After doing some runs i realized that the AI horse starts with around 80% of the 100% hp. idk what caused this, i beleive maybe it was traveling on horse inside a town or something, thats like when i first realized it

basically i was in a battle, i went headfirst and told soldiers to stay back. my horse was shot down. i ran 150 meters back to the rest of the army, asked them to dismount, and i took a horseman's horse. his horse was at 80% hp. i took another horse, same. and so on. EVERY HORSE WAS AT 80!!!!!!!!

Not sure what caused this, tried even my companions' horses that based on the inventory, they were NOT lame. so yeah.

the first time i noticed this was when i went inside a town grabbed a horse accidentally rammed it into the wall, and then his hp was at 80. thereafter, every other horse was at 80.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? Please make sure that it is not modded.With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? Please make sure that it is not modded.With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
This happens in all versions I think, could you ask devs if it's an effect of the "well strapped" riding perk? which increases the mounts max hp by 20%, this seems a logical effect of it and not a bug IMO.

oh shoot i just uploadede it but just realized it was modded -_-

but anywho i sent it

This happens in all versions I think, could you ask devs if it's an effect of the "well strapped" riding perk? which increases the mounts max hp by 20%, this seems a logical effect of it and not a bug IMO.

Why would a perk be meant to increase a theoretical maximum that never will be filled? That's effectively the same as not increasing its maximum. Well-Strapped is clearly meant to increase the hitpoints at which the horse begins a battle, which would make it a bug if it doesn't.

Why would a perk be meant to increase a theoretical maximum that never will be filled? That's effectively the same as not increasing its maximum. Well-Strapped is clearly meant to increase the hitpoints at which the horse begins a battle, which would make it a bug if it doesn't.
Because it does increase (and fill)the maximum when you it's your horse you ride into battle (start battle on it).
The possible bugs are
1 Perk triggers when mounting other horses during battle and maybe it shouldn't (doesn't actually do anything so doesn't matter)
2 Perk doesn't remember what horse you started battle with so dismounting and remounting removes the perk benefit, maybe it should last on horse though battle, but your horse isn't any worse off then if you didn't have the perk so it doesn't really matter
3 Maybe the perk should increase and heal each horse you mount's HP...... this is not part of the perk description so probably not

It's very minor and probably more trouble then it's worth to fix. It should just not trigger from mounting any horse after combat but it doesn't hurt anything that it does.

Ah, I see what you're saying. You mean the health bar is meant to be relative to your own horse, and thus is meant to show reduced when mounting a horse that has fewer hitpoints. Hm. In that case, it should also show reduced HP on horses which naturally have less HP, even when the perk has never been taken.

For example, a saddle horse has 200 natural HP, while a Vlandian courser has 240. If the health bar is working as intended, then when the perk isn't taken, starting a battle on a courser and then mounting an undamaged saddle horse should result in the health bar displaying less than full health. However, it doesn't (I just tested on a new character).

Ah, I see what you're saying. You mean the health bar is meant to be relative to your own horse, and thus is meant to show reduced when mounting a horse that has fewer hitpoints. Hm. In that case, it should also show reduced HP on horses which naturally have less HP, even when the perk has never been taken.

For example, a saddle horse has 200 natural HP, while a Vlandian courser has 240. If the health bar is working as intended, then when the perk isn't taken, starting a battle on a courser and then mounting an undamaged saddle horse should result in the health bar displaying less than full health. However, it doesn't (I just tested on a new character).
No I think it is actually increasing the max HP when you mount it, but it only applies the extra hp when the battle loads, so only the horse you are riding and only before you hop off, have that hp.

Whatever it's doing, it seems bugged. Gauging "maximum health" of every horse on the battlefield as relative to the player's perked horse is odd enough, but especially when it doesn't apply the same standard to horses' native max HP.

At any rate, the bar displaying "wounded" for horses which are at full health makes it pretty clearly a bug, in my book.

...My two denars.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom