In Progress AI Ghost Recruiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
Ai is able to recruit from villages without being present in the village. For example when roaming the world map you can approach a village and see that (noble name) + # recruits. I don't know if this is intended so that AI can replenish their armies faster but it does not seem balanced.
How to Reproduce
:
Wait outside a village whose kingdom is at war and notice when recruits are taken out without lords being present in the village.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 3070
GPU Driver Version: Unknown
CPU: i5
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Hello, i didn't understand what you meant by " that (noble name) + # recruits. " can you please provide a visual depicting the problem?

I've noticed this too. I think it is minor factions recruiting their special troops.

Edit. Actually I take that back as I have just witnessed a Battanian lord recruit from a village he was no where near.

Last edited:
Example : Lord Marius come to the village Phaeso, take 8 imperial recruit. He ride aways with his army, but he still recruit 2 more imperial recruit while going away from Phaeso. I've notice the same thing.

Last edited:
Hello, can you please send us a save file so we can further inspect the issue? You can upload the file to http://upload.taleworlds.com:8080/ address. Please paste the link to this thread as description so i can identify it.
Will do tonight when I get a chance to play. In response to your question about the quote, I didn't mean for it to be like code, just meant to say that the indicator that a lord has recruited from the village shows up. I will also upload a screen shot of it when I can.

I've never noticed it in previous versions, apart from minor clans when they were recruiting their unique troops. Now in 1.5.6 everyone is doing it, even my own clan. It's not just villages either, they recruit from towns and even castles. It doesn't seem to take from the recruitment pool either, so everyone is basically getting free troops.

I also started seeing this issue since 1.5.6, and it is still present in 1.5.7. What I am noticing is that every time I see this happening, the lord is just able to recruit one unit. I have never seen a lord recruiting +2 units with this bug.

Not sure if a save game is necessary, I am seeing this issue getting reproduced in all my campaigns. Anyway, I am going to upload it in some minutes.

EDIT: I have tried to record this bug but not being able to reproduce it for the moment. I only saw mercenary clans doing this, going to try to catch it, record it and then upload the save game after that.

Last edited:
Yeah I;ve seen this too on 1.56 as well. They are like 30 feet away and I see "____ + 2 recruits".

Back
Top Bottom