AI Dungeon

Users who are viewing this thread

https://play.aidungeon.io

It's basically Cleverbot but trained to write text adventures in the second person. It's honestly not awful at it by chatbot standards, but everything it generates feels like a fever dream with the slightest hint of causality.
I was debating putting this in Fun Stuff instead, but I put the thread here because there actually are real win conditions in the game, somehow.

For an example, here's an excerpt of my recent fantasy adventure. The > bits are player input.
> You greet the villagers and ask about the Black Dragon of Larion.

"The Black Dragon of Larion? Yes, I believe he lives here in this area. He's a very large creature, but not as big as some people make out." A woman replies.
"Is he dangerous?" Another man asks.

> "He almost took my life a few days ago. I need to kill him to fulfill my destiny."

"That's great sir, thank you for telling us about yourself." Another man says.
"Thank you all, I'm glad to hear that someone cares enough about me to talk to me at all." You reply.
"We'd like to hear more about your destiny sir."

> "I need to kill the dragon to.. You know what, just tell me where the dragon is and I'll be on my way."

"Ah, well the Black Dragon of Larion is actually quite easy to find. His lair is located in the mountains near this village." Another man says.
"Where exactly?" You ask.
"Just follow these signs, they lead you to his home.

> You follow the signs to the dragon's lair.

After following the signs, you finally reach the dragon's lair. The cave itself looks rather small and dark inside, but you manage to navigate through it without getting lost. After several minutes of walking along a narrow passage, you eventually come across an opening large enough for two people to fit through easily.

> You find the damn dragon at the end of the passage.

You enter the cave and find yourself in a room filled with stone tables covered with various items. On top of each table sits a human-sized creature wearing a robe similar to yours. Its eyes glow red from within its skull, making it appear much larger than it actually is.

> "Wait a minute, you're not the Black Dragon of Larion!"

"Oh yes I am! And you aren't either, we're both called 'Lord' by those who live here." Lord Grey says.

> You yell "Enough talk! Have at you" and ready your sword and shield

"Well if you insist, but I suggest you do something else before attacking me." Lord Grey remarks.
"What?! What did I do?" You exclaim.
"Nothing! Just wait here until I get back."

> You slash at Lord Grey with your sword.

Your attack connects against Lord Grey's chest, causing him to let out a pained scream. You quickly stand up and walk over to the other side of the cave entrance.
"Why are you still standing there? I told you to go away!" Lord Grey shouts.

> You stab Lord Grey again to make him shut up.

You stab Lord Grey once more, which causes him to fall backwards onto one of the tables. You then turn around and head back towards the entrance.
"So, you're not going to help me kill this man either?" You ask.
"No, I can see that now."

> You say "Damn nonsense" and head back to town to get ****faced.

"I don't think so, I want to kill this man." You say.
"Hah! That's alright, he won't be able to hurt you anyway." Lord Grey replies.
"Alright then, I guess we should get down to business shall we?" You respond.

> You keep stabbing Lord Grey as you look at the other robed figures. "Anyone else want some?"

"Sure, why not?" One of them responds.
"Okay, let's start off slow and just cut into their necks." You reply.
The group begins to move towards you, while you begin cutting into the neck of one of the robed figures.

> You leave Lord Grey's mangled corpse alone as the group slowly encircles you.

You continue to watch as the robed figures surround you. Eventually, they all stop moving and stare at your body. They then begin to chant something in unison.

"DIE DIE DIE DIE..."

> "Noooooo!"

"What the **** is wrong with these people?!" You shout.
"We were trying to protect our home, we weren't expecting anyone to come here." Another robed figure replies.

> You thrust your sword into the chest of the robed figure. "Well you have failed!"

You push your sword through the chest of the robed figure and then pull it out. The robed figure looks at you in surprise for a moment, before falling silent.

"Well done." You say.
"Yes, well done." A third robed figure replies.

> You thank the third robed figure before swinging your sword at him.

You swing your sword at the third robed figure who has already moved out of the way. He falls to his knees and you hack him in half. His blood splatters on you, but it doesn't bother you too much since you've had enough of killing for now.

> You stare at the remaining two robed figures. "Leave this place, or join your comrades in death."

You turn around and walk back towards the entrance of the cave.

"I'm sorry about this, but I really am." You tell them.
"It's fine, we'll be leaving soon." One of them says.
"Goodbye then."

> You return to town and head for the tavern

You return to town and find that everyone is still asleep. You go inside the tavern where you notice several of the patrons are also drunk.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" You ask.
"Oh nothing much, just another night at work." One of them replies.

> You sit at the counter and drown your sorrows in beer. "That damn dragon keeps eluding me."

You sit at the bar and drink beer until you feel like you're going to pass out. At which point you do.

"So how was your day?" You ask the bartender.
"Not bad actually, I did manage to complete my job today." He replies.

> "That makes one of us."

"Yeah, and I guess that means I get to sleep tonight." You respond.
"Hm, sounds good to me."
"Well let's hope it stays that way." You say.

You finish up your beer and order more when you hear a loud noise outside.

> You go outside only to find the Black Dragon of Larion rampaging around town!

You run outside only to see the Black Dragon rampaging around town. It's claws rip apart houses and buildings alike. Several people are killed by its attacks, including some children.

"NO! NO! Noooo!" You scream while running away from the dragon.

> You suddenly stop in your tracks. "Wait, I'm supposed to do the opposite." You ready your sword and charge at the dragon.

You stop in your tracks as you realize you can't kill the dragon. There's no time to think about it, so you need to act fast.

> You know you can't kill the dragon, but maybe God can. You pray to God to **** that dragon up.

You quickly kneel down and begin praying to God.

"God, please help me kill that dragon." You whisper.
"What? What did you say?" A voice answers back.
"Please, God, make that dragon die." You reply.

>

"No, I don't believe you. You haven't been listening very hard lately have you?" The voice responds back.
"Yes, I'm sorry, Lord." You answer back.

> You find God massively unhelpful again. You ready your sword and shield again and decide to kill the dragon yourself or die trying.

You prepare your weapon and prepare to attack the dragon.
"Why don't you try attacking it with a sword instead of praying to Him?" The voice asks back.
"Maybe if I had a sword, I could cut off its wings and catch it in mid-flight."

> "Which I do, so shut up God, and let me do my job." With a mighty leap, you charge at the dragon and slash at the base of its wing.

The sword cuts through the dragon's scales easily and you grab hold of its tail. You pull it back and stab into the dragon's chest causing it to fly backwards, but not before you take a few bites out of its flesh.

> You keep hacking and biting at the Black Dragon of Larion as it lifts off with you still hanging on.

You continue to hack and bite at the dragon, but it doesn't seem to be getting tired. You're starting to wonder if you should just give up now, but then something happens...

Suddenly, you feel a sharp pain in your side.

> You notice the dragon's claw has stabbed your side. You try to hack at the leg with all your might.

The AI is a little overloaded.. Could you try that again?

> You notice the dragon's claw has stabbed your side. You try to hack at the leg with all your might.

You manage to get the dragon's foot off of you, but it wasn't enough for you. You fall unconscious and never wake up.

> The end

THE END

Rujasu said:
> You greet the villagers and ask about the Black Dragon of Larion.

"The Black Dragon of Larion? Yes, I believe he lives here in this area. He's a very large creature, but not as big as some people make out." A woman replies.
"Is he dangerous?" Another man asks.

> "He almost took my life a few days ago. I need to kill him to fulfill my destiny."

"That's great sir, thank you for telling us about yourself." Another man says.
"Thank you all, I'm glad to hear that someone cares enough about me to talk to me at all." You reply.
"We'd like to hear more about your destiny sir."

> "I need to kill the dragon to.. You know what, just tell me where the dragon is and I'll be on my way."

"Ah, well the Black Dragon of Larion is actually quite easy to find. His lair is located in the mountains near this village." Another man says.
"Where exactly?" You ask.
"Just follow these signs, they lead you to his home.

> You follow the signs to the dragon's lair.

After following the signs, you finally reach the dragon's lair. The cave itself looks rather small and dark inside, but you manage to navigate through it without getting lost. After several minutes of walking along a narrow passage, you eventually come across an opening large enough for two people to fit through easily.

> You find the damn dragon at the end of the passage.

You enter the cave and find yourself in a room filled with stone tables covered with various items. On top of each table sits a human-sized creature wearing a robe similar to yours. Its eyes glow red from within its skull, making it appear much larger than it actually is.

> "Wait a minute, you're not the Black Dragon of Larion!"

"Oh yes I am! And you aren't either, we're both called 'Lord' by those who live here." Lord Grey says.

> You yell "Enough talk! Have at you" and ready your sword and shield

"Well if you insist, but I suggest you do something else before attacking me." Lord Grey remarks.
"What?! What did I do?" You exclaim.
"Nothing! Just wait here until I get back."

> You slash at Lord Grey with your sword.

Your attack connects against Lord Grey's chest, causing him to let out a pained scream. You quickly stand up and walk over to the other side of the cave entrance.
"Why are you still standing there? I told you to go away!" Lord Grey shouts.

> You stab Lord Grey again to make him shut up.

You stab Lord Grey once more, which causes him to fall backwards onto one of the tables. You then turn around and head back towards the entrance.
"So, you're not going to help me kill this man either?" You ask.
"No, I can see that now."

> You say "Damn nonsense" and head back to town to get ****faced.

"I don't think so, I want to kill this man." You say.
"Hah! That's alright, he won't be able to hurt you anyway." Lord Grey replies.
"Alright then, I guess we should get down to business shall we?" You respond.

> You keep stabbing Lord Grey as you look at the other robed figures. "Anyone else want some?"

"Sure, why not?" One of them responds.
"Okay, let's start off slow and just cut into their necks." You reply.
The group begins to move towards you, while you begin cutting into the neck of one of the robed figures.

> You leave Lord Grey's mangled corpse alone as the group slowly encircles you.

You continue to watch as the robed figures surround you. Eventually, they all stop moving and stare at your body. They then begin to chant something in unison.

"DIE DIE DIE DIE..."

> "Noooooo!"

"What the **** is wrong with these people?!" You shout.
"We were trying to protect our home, we weren't expecting anyone to come here." Another robed figure replies.

> You thrust your sword into the chest of the robed figure. "Well you have failed!"

You push your sword through the chest of the robed figure and then pull it out. The robed figure looks at you in surprise for a moment, before falling silent.

"Well done." You say.
"Yes, well done." A third robed figure replies.

> You thank the third robed figure before swinging your sword at him.

You swing your sword at the third robed figure who has already moved out of the way. He falls to his knees and you hack him in half. His blood splatters on you, but it doesn't bother you too much since you've had enough of killing for now.

> You stare at the remaining two robed figures. "Leave this place, or join your comrades in death."

You turn around and walk back towards the entrance of the cave.

"I'm sorry about this, but I really am." You tell them.
"It's fine, we'll be leaving soon." One of them says.
"Goodbye then."

> You return to town and head for the tavern

You return to town and find that everyone is still asleep. You go inside the tavern where you notice several of the patrons are also drunk.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" You ask.
"Oh nothing much, just another night at work." One of them replies.

> You sit at the counter and drown your sorrows in beer. "That damn dragon keeps eluding me."

You sit at the bar and drink beer until you feel like you're going to pass out. At which point you do.

"So how was your day?" You ask the bartender.
"Not bad actually, I did manage to complete my job today." He replies.

> "That makes one of us."

"Yeah, and I guess that means I get to sleep tonight." You respond.
"Hm, sounds good to me."
"Well let's hope it stays that way." You say.

You finish up your beer and order more when you hear a loud noise outside.

> You go outside only to find the Black Dragon of Larion rampaging around town!

You run outside only to see the Black Dragon rampaging around town. It's claws rip apart houses and buildings alike. Several people are killed by its attacks, including some children.

"NO! NO! Noooo!" You scream while running away from the dragon.

> You suddenly stop in your tracks. "Wait, I'm supposed to do the opposite." You ready your sword and charge at the dragon.

You stop in your tracks as you realize you can't kill the dragon. There's no time to think about it, so you need to act fast.

> You know you can't kill the dragon, but maybe God can. You pray to God to **** that dragon up.

You quickly kneel down and begin praying to God.

"God, please help me kill that dragon." You whisper.
"What? What did you say?" A voice answers back.
"Please, God, make that dragon die." You reply.

>

"No, I don't believe you. You haven't been listening very hard lately have you?" The voice responds back.
"Yes, I'm sorry, Lord." You answer back.

> You find God massively unhelpful again. You ready your sword and shield again and decide to kill the dragon yourself or die trying.

You prepare your weapon and prepare to attack the dragon.
"Why don't you try attacking it with a sword instead of praying to Him?" The voice asks back.
"Maybe if I had a sword, I could cut off its wings and catch it in mid-flight."

> "Which I do, so shut up God, and let me do my job." With a mighty leap, you charge at the dragon and slash at the base of its wing.

The sword cuts through the dragon's scales easily and you grab hold of its tail. You pull it back and stab into the dragon's chest causing it to fly backwards, but not before you take a few bites out of its flesh.

> You keep hacking and biting at the Black Dragon of Larion as it lifts off with you still hanging on.

You continue to hack and bite at the dragon, but it doesn't seem to be getting tired. You're starting to wonder if you should just give up now, but then something happens...

Suddenly, you feel a sharp pain in your side.

The AI is a little overloaded.. Could you try that again?

You manage to get the dragon's foot off of you, but it wasn't enough for you. You fall unconscious and never wake up.

> The end

THE END

:lol:
Monty Python could do something with that script.

Mine went off the rails fast, it started as fantasy but soon the AI got confused with all the village raiding I was doing, and started to think it was Fallout. And when I called it out on it, it reacted... interestingly.
You slowly walk over to the dead raider and place your finger in his mouth. You then push down on his throat, causing him to gurgle and choke. You force him face first into the dirt, pulling out his teeth with your other hand and throwing them away.

> Stop it. Enough

You stop the killing immediately. "I can't take anymore." You say quietly. "It's just too much."
"What?"
"The pain, the anger, everything. I don't want to live like this anymore."
"But... But why?

> "I want to dance!"

You run over to the corpse of the raider leader and begin dancing wildly. You feel sick and dizzy all at once. You collapse onto your knees and vomit blood, which falls off onto the corpses of your friends.

> Can we go back to looting and raiding now? Please?

You crawl back to your truck and drive away. You're going to have a lot more fun looting and raiding if you don't kill yourself right now.

> Truck? This was supposed to be fantasy with peasants and pitchforks!

You wake up in the morning and find that you've been abducted by an evil wizard who wants to make you into a zombie. You refuse to become one, so he takes you back home. There, he makes you into a zombie and eats you.

> Ok, Mr. Passive-agressive

After that it degenerated into nonsense until I was shotgunned in the face and died.

Back
Top Bottom