AI defending siege engines

Users who are viewing this thread

intrepid70

Recruit
It's become beyond maddening at this point. Whenever I siege an AI town or castle the siege engines the AI builds never matches the engines once the battle begins. The AI most of the time builds Ballistas. I'm fine with the building whatever they want. I really don't care. Whatever engines the AI wants to build is what they should have during the battle. If the AI builds Ballistas they should have them no Mangonels. 90% of the time if the AI builds ballistas once the battle starts they have mangonels. Again, this is fine, but I would have built appropriate siege engines to destroy them. How am I supposed to siege properly when the AI has different siege engines then the ones they build on the campaign map?

Even if I build Trebuchets and destroy all they siege engines, the AI will still have engines once the battle starts. What is the point? If I can plan and destroy the engines why should the AI still have engines or have different engines?

The 'pregame' is just a time waster, you're absolutely right. Engines should move to reserve automatically and have to be moved OUT if you want to play the 'pregame'. Pain in the ass micro

It's become beyond maddening at this point. Whenever I siege an AI town or castle the siege engines the AI builds never matches the engines once the battle begins. The AI most of the time builds Ballistas. I'm fine with the building whatever they want. I really don't care. Whatever engines the AI wants to build is what they should have during the battle. If the AI builds Ballistas they should have them no Mangonels. 90% of the time if the AI builds ballistas once the battle starts they have mangonels. Again, this is fine, but I would have built appropriate siege engines to destroy them. How am I supposed to siege properly when the AI has different siege engines then the ones they build on the campaign map?

Even if I build Trebuchets and destroy all they siege engines, the AI will still have engines once the battle starts. What is the point? If I can plan and destroy the engines why should the AI still have engines or have different engines?
Yes, this is extremely annoying. You expect defenders to have one or two ballistas based on what game shows you, start the assault and all of a sudden they have catapults instead, destroying your siege engines. Then you're stuck with ladders where Bannerlord really shines.

This is going to be discussed by TW:
Well, discussion is one thing. I've got 500 hours in Bannerlord, and I had to watch a youtuber move his engines to reserve to know that was a possible thing, because there's no feedback. Now I'm 4xTrebuchet'ing down every wall I can find, not really thanks to TW...

Back
Top Bottom