AI Decision Making Bug Part Deux

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: First, I apologize for spamming on the AI Decision making bug thing today. But I noticed another one. I took Jamayah Castle. After I took it, my Army cohesion reached critical-nada and my army dispersed. So, I was left with my own party of 147 people. I took my party of 147 and marched around the area a bit to get some food and horses and such. I returned to Jamayah Castle to see that the new Sultan Nuqar was besieging the castle with 683 men. The garrison of Jamayah Castle is 93. So, I snuck my 147 men into the castle to help with the defense. 40 of my men died trying to sneak in so I only got through with 107 men. So that puts the garrison up to 200 men. So, it's still 683 Aserai vs 200 Empire. As soon as I got in the castle, Sultan Nuqar ended the siege and started to leave. This is also a situation that was supposedly fixed. We were told in I think 1.5.1 that we would be able to experience siege defense battles. I knew I'd lose this, but I just wanted to do it. But the AI decided immediately to leave the siege.
How to Reproduce: My party is right next to Jamayah castle when you open the save file. Just sneak into the castle and watch Nuqar run like he just saw a giant camel spider.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Jamayah Castle, Aserai Caliphate
Media (Screenshots & Video): Save file at the upload site
Version:e1.5.2
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
CPU: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60 GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM: 16 MB (15.9 usable)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. G731GU Version 1.0
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Why do you think this is a bug? It's siege warfare common sense 6:1 odds hell yes attack, 3:1 odds think twice, you may win but will lose close to 1/2 your troops. Add in a player present controlling the fight, that doesn't have to follow programming, sorry I'm out of here. I have 1145 hrs in Bannerlord, I have learned any settlement with under 100 garrisoned troops and low militia will get sieged by the enemy. Had you reformed your army and just marched up to your castle the Sultan would have broke the siege and marched away.

Congrats. You read pre 21st century US Army FMs. 6:1 does not mean 6 men to 1 man. The ratio takes combat multipliers into account. 600 imperial recruits have a 6:1 Force ratio over 100 imperial recruits. But 600 imperial recruits do not have a 6:1 force ratio against 100 Aserai Mameluk cavalry. Now, I don’t recall the exact composition of my 107 men, but the 93 man garrison likely was made up of tier 1 and 2 troops with some being militia. So, I don’t think the odds were 6:1 in their favor, but it was very likely more than 3:1. Though 3:1 given the way AI behaves in the defense is very favorable odds in this game.... especially if you take down the walls.

Back
Top Bottom