AI cheats in recruiting

Users who are viewing this thread

200+ Khuzait lancers
200+ Khuzait horse archers

Literally unplayable.

131 Sturgian Horse Raiders

RIP your entire first rank.

I have also noticed something similar yesterday but I thought it was just something random. This is bad for sure, full elite armies should not be possible for AI nor the player, or al least it should be really hard to achieve.

Maybe the cheat for the AI to train units passively should be nerfed for +3 rank units or something else. I have not seen full elite troops when recruiting, at least not in day +600 but if It is the case later, I hope It also be looked at.

Just mass recruit bandits with disciplinarian perk - full noble armies, and you will forget about the villages lol.

AI should not be getting free cheats because it cant match the player. Well, if the player is that good, then it means youre too good for the ai and already in the late game. Getting free T5-6 units while it is nearly impossible for the playerr due to learning exp not stacking from 30/15 exp per each stack not getting the multiplier per unit.

I havent reached even 80 leadership even with 4 focus points and at usually 95 morale, with 200 guys in supporting parties that allow you to level leadership. (I never called nobles to my army, so I guess this might partially be the reason why leadership level is crawling)

I have also noticed something similar yesterday but I thought it was just something random. This is bad for sure, full elite armies should not be possible for AI nor the player, or al least it should be really hard to achieve.

Maybe the cheat for the AI to train units passively should be nerfed for +3 rank units or something else. I have not seen full elite troops when recruiting, at least not in day +600 but if It is the case later, I hope It also be looked at.

Just so I'm clear, that post was (mostly) a joke.

Is no match for heavy AI cheating in games, also once "brain" figures out AI is cheating, every setback in games becomes a frustrating realization that the AI cheats and that it's not fair and that everything is set up against you.

You are probably smarter than the current us president, but despite your advantage of having a better functioning brain it's highly unlikely you'll ever match his wealth or power because he was born with a bunch of systemic societal advantages that made him play the game of life in cheat mode from the start. That's not a fun realization of a challenge, that's an incentive to guillotine the rich and burn their villa's

I'm sick and tired of the "you have a brain so we have to give the AI cheats to make it challenging" argument, it doesn't make things challenging it makes things frustrating because you know the AI isn't playing fair and you end up either using it as a justification to cheat yourself or to search "stop AI from cheating" mods (Especially Warhammer total war is a cheating bastard or any total war since shogun 2 for that matter) it's not fun, it's frustrating

Is no match for heavy AI cheating in games, also once "brain" figures out AI is cheating, every setback in games becomes a frustrating realization that the AI cheats and that it's not fair and that everything is set up against you.
I play a lot of Total war warhammer 2. And i enjoy it a lot despite AI has a TONS of cheats. I like to overcome someone who has avantage (even if it is AI)

I play a lot of Total war warhammer 2. And i enjoy it a lot despite AI has a TONS of cheats. I like to overcome someone who has avantage (even if it is AI)
I really hate the ai cheating in Warhammer 2 I have a bunch of "please stop cheating AI" mods installed and it makes it a lot more playable on normal difficulty which before was frustrating for me, rage quitted so many campaigns and even had psoriasis flairing up whenever i played Warhammer II (it's a skin condition that can flare up from stress, tiredness etc... it causes red skin, itching and development of flakey skin, when I played vanilla Warhammer II I had periods of scratching myself to bleeding point and having wounds that would hurt for days, never had that with old medieval II or Rome I where the AI gets no buffs and no cheats at normal difficulty)

I really hate the ai cheating in Warhammer 2 I have a bunch of "please stop cheating AI" mods installed and it makes it a lot more playable on normal difficulty which before was frustrating for me, rage quitted so many campaigns and even had psoriasis flairing up whenever i played Warhammer II (it's a skin condition that can flare up from stress, tiredness etc... it causes red skin, itching and development of flakey skin, when I played vanilla Warhammer II I had periods of scratching myself to bleeding point and having wounds that would hurt for days, never had that with old medieval II or Rome I where the AI gets no buffs and no cheats at normal difficulty)
I guess it depends on personality. I am hardcore munchkin, so i need to grow difficulty.
I play on legend campaign+normal battles(i dont like when longbeards loosing to goblins) and x5 chaos invasions.
This is actual end game challenge:

Well to each their own, I'm glad for you that you enjoy it, I personally don't but lucky for me there are mods that fix that
Same with BL :smile: Thats why i like modders so much. You can make a game that fits you. For example i use "no agressive AI agents" becouse i tired of assasinations.

About AI cheats in BL:

AI 100% has XP gain cheat. No way he can train this army in battles:
XABmt97.jpg

But i saw those lords after this battle and they had low tier crap. So i am sure there is no reqruitment cheat.

You are probably smarter than the current us president, but despite your advantage of having a better functioning brain it's highly unlikely you'll ever match his wealth or power because he was born with a bunch of systemic societal advantages that made him play the game of life in cheat mode from the start. That's not a fun realization of a challenge, that's an incentive to guillotine the rich and burn their villa's

I'm sick and tired of the "you have a brain so we have to give the AI cheats to make it challenging" argument, it doesn't make things challenging it makes things frustrating because you know the AI isn't playing fair and you end up either using it as a justification to cheat yourself or to search "stop AI from cheating" mods (Especially Warhammer total war is a cheating bastard or any total war since shogun 2 for that matter) it's not fun, it's frustrating
He's not wrong though, the AI can become pretty predictable while humans are not. The AI follows a set of rules, where humans do not. It's a pretty big advantage.

On top of that, players get access to powerful perks such as Disciplinarian as one example. Personally I'm fine with the AI getting a helping hand in some situations where they need it, it's not like players don't have their fair share of advantages over AI.

He's not wrong though, the AI can become pretty predictable while humans are not. The AI follows a set of rules, where humans do not. It's a pretty big advantage.

On top of that, players get access to powerful perks such as Disciplinarian as one example. Personally I'm fine with the AI getting a helping hand in some situations where they need it, it's not like players don't have their fair share of advantages over AI.
AI always needs help:

Source: modding strategy games for 20 years.

There are only three ways the AI cheats that I know of anyway.
  1. On respawn 10% (of max party size) of vassals' parties are filled with troops for free automatically.
  2. They get a small amount of extra passive xp for their troops per day.
  3. They know how many recruits are available in each settlement without having to visit them.
Technically they know all town's garrison sizes, but so does the player by checking the encyclopedia. That's really not that much in the grand scheme of things and definitely not insurmountable. The player gets many more advantages than that. If I missed anything feel free to fill it in.

Last edited:
Yes they know how many recruits village has before visiting.

About other issue, if you are sure there is something wrong (AI recruits from empty village) you can give me save game and I can examine. Maybe there can be a bug which is not intended.

I don't need to share a saved game I can give you the process that will work in any game mode 1.03 for sure I havent razed many villages in 1.04 yet.

Raze a village then sit and watch from a distance eventually the AI will stroll through and recruit units even though if you click on the village you will see "The village has recently been raided" text. I think this is the bug that people are talking about.

But nice job limiting the AI from Cheating, the new lords respawning with only 10% armies has really helped the spam. Good job.

We can react to situations but we also have patterns that we live by. I've noticed that in every game I play, even newer versions of game series I've been playing for years I always follow the same route even when I start a new campaign with the intent to do everything different I always end up falling back into old patterns, in stainless steel, I will always end up trying to turtle and put forts in choke points and giving border territory I conquer to allies to have peace of mind. Even when I start the campaign to play aggressively, it just feels unnatural to me and I get back to my turttleing, and as HRE I can start a campaign to conquer Western Europe but I always end up A turttleing and B after a while slowly creeping eastwards instead of West.

In Bannerlord as well, I start a character with the intention of playing a certain style but after a while I noticed I have fallen back into my old patterns just with slight variations: My cavalry will always be the expendable unit sent forward to give me some time to form my precious shield-wall with archers behind, if I hire cavalry at all. I will always end up trading horses to have money to start workshops even when I built a combat based raider character, after raiding 2 villages I will always evolve into the trader. I will also never really join a faction unless maybe as a mercenary and once I do permanently join a faction I will lose interest in the campaign and start a new one and I don't know why. It's just something that I always do even when I start playing specifically with joining a faction early on in mind once I do, I feel empty and restless inside and start a new campaign.

Another problem I have is that I can't handle losing certain troops, I don't understand how some people can be "meh they'll die, I'll just replace them it's no problem" I get physically angry and stressed and feel bad and responsible for my troops dying when it happens, which also makes the game harder because I tend to try to avoid battles where some of my men are likely to die (unless they are cavalry, I don't know why it's different for cavalry but it is)

we aren't very different from AI's

I've never reached enough leadership to get that perk, I know people say it's easy, you just have to form an army and leadership goes up, but for that you need to be a full faction member, which is not what I want to do. in 1.03 the Morale was better and your leadership actually went up sometimes but in 1.04 Morale is horrendous.

With everything on easiest settings I still find Bannerlord challenging because I want to be the kingdom that emerges from nowhere by conquering a castle as an independent and ignored rogue faction to everyone's surprise and then slowly grows from there but that is hard to achieve especially when you also don't like to see your men dying.

Now I know this is all due to my playstyle but that is my point: everyone has their own playstyle and AI's shouldn't cheat unless on maybe "1337 gamer dificulty"

I struggle against most AI's in most games on normal settings and usually play everything in easiest settings and experience a challenge that others might only experience on normal or hard settings

I don't need to share a saved game I can give you the process that will work in any game mode 1.03 for sure I havent razed many villages in 1.04 yet.

Raze a village then sit and watch from a distance eventually the AI will stroll through and recruit units even though if you click on the village you will see "The village has recently been raided" text. I think this is the bug that people are talking about.

But nice job limiting the AI from Cheating, the new lords respawning with only 10% armies has really helped the spam. Good job.

Yes this (AI to recruit from raided villages) was bug and fixed at 1.4.0

when somebody tells that helping the AI cheat is necessary, that means the AI is weak and in need of improvement. It is also a kind of lowering of expectations where most games are really bad at. And cheating doesnt even work right.

When you tell that it needs the cheats because you do 20 years of modding ? What does your modding experience tell you about the need to cheat ?

Just because you are doing something, it doesnt give you an insight whether other people - unlike you really think so.

Circular argument is : I know it needs cheats because theyre needed. It means you have no idea, because it is nonsense and you are operating with nonsense as a starting point.

If you like the AI cheating, that is entirely on you. For me cheats take away immersion for the sake of artificial increase in difficulty. When AI uses the same rules as you, has nothing extra, it would seem your reaction would be : It needs cheats to make it more challenging without elaborating, just going to your prior belief, that it needs to cheat. To me it really does not and there is absolutely no reason to skew the game by cheating. If there is balance made without cheats on AI part, your cheating will completely destroy it while you would stay in your bubble - it needs to cheat- without any reasoning whatsoever.

Cheating first of all is disgusting. Whether it is the AI or another player. Whether you want it easier is entirely up to you. Whether you want it harder to experience the adrenaline or leetness is also, up to you. As such, your imagination that AI needs to cheat is just a belief based on your needs. Because you are it would seem, looking for a 'challenge', to 'beat the game', something many other people might not get the concept of.

For such difficulty spikes that your challenge kind would want, I would assume, there needs to be a difficulty lever, where the player can get less money, less experience, gets increased damage to even 500%-1000%, because I bet your challenge kind are that good and can do it. Then you can brag about it to like-minded people that the difficulty is still not 'big enough', or the game being imbalanced. But for the rest of people, who do not suffer for the craving to prove themselves in front of others or themselves, for normal people, such levels of unplayability would result in frustration and unwillingness to play the game. So your 'I want cheats' will turn most other people away. And you will think it would be cool and that dumb non-elite masses are leaving as a sign of good stuff.

If you join a faction, there should be an option that your faction immediately suffers similar penalties as your player does, because it needs to be a challenge. You bet it does. I would be quite sure your likes would still come up with somne exploitative means of how to 'beat' the game. How big the difficulty was and what you exploited instead of playing by non-exploits and other unintended things. Also there would need to be things that weakening of your faction is reverted the moment you leave it to prevent easy onslaught by exploitative players as well.

Cheating first of all is disgusting. Whether it is the AI or another player. Whether you want it easier is entirely up to you. Whether you want it harder to experience the adrenaline or leetness is also, up to you. As such, your imagination that AI needs to cheat is just a belief based on your needs. Because you are it would seem, looking for a 'challenge', to 'beat the game', something many other people might not get the concept of.
"Cheating" is the wrong word. Its not cheating. The correct word is "handicapping". That's what you do when you match up two opponents with different levels of ability if you want a fair match. The main reason golf became so popular around the world is because they came up with a simple handicapping system that allows highly skilled players to compete against low skilled players and both have a good time.

You don't play full-contact football against an 8-yr old kid and expect both of you to play by the same rules. Thats not fair, thats child abuse. Instead you come up with some special rules that give the kid more of an advantage so that you're both on a more level playing field. Likewise, you don't expect a dumb AI to compete fairly against a living breathing human with a functioning brain. You have to give it some kind of an edge or else it feels like you're beating up an 8-yr-old.

Its easy to say "just make the ai smarter and it won't need to cheat", but thats like saying "just make the 8-yr-old kid stronger and then we can play football on equal terms". At least for the kid, you know it will only take around 10 yrs and a lot of pushups before he's at your level. Fully competent AI could take a lot longer.

Back
Top Bottom