AI can hit around your shield but you cannot do the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Arkyll

Recruit
I have a bit of an issue with shields in Bannerlord.

I like the directional blocking but there is a pretty serious problem I have with the AI.

If your shield isnt on-the-pixel-perfect the AI will clip you around it.

I have yet to hit an AI around their shield, even if it is not being used correctly.

In many instances I have tried this and I cannot recall a single time in which I was able to hit around their shield.

Is it possible that AI all have that shield skill that gives them the Warband-esque shield force field?

I've hit the AI when it blocks many times, when I thought they blocked it. It's easier with Axes or Maces with spikes that "Reach" around the shield, though I've also done it with swords.

There are some wonky animations where the AI will clip through your shield and hit you anyway, but as far as hitting around blocks, yes both the player and AI can do it, and I assume it working as intended with the Directional Shield block. You can't just press RMB to block everything anymore, which I enjoy.

I've hit around their shield plenty. Usually with an axe that can hook around the shield and hit them in the arm or shoulder. My falx does it too.

It is kind of a great mechanic in that regard. Historically that was a big advantage axes and hooked weapons had over straight swords.

More annoyingly is when the enemy spear clips through my shield and does 1-2 damage every few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom