AI builds too strong armies too fast?

Users who are viewing this thread

So when i play and building up my army i got some perks for passive EXP for my troops. So i easy get the low tier into mid tier fast. But the AI even tho just annihilated them, quickly builds up a tier 3+ army. Their nobles almost instantly getting 80-100 men while i run around the map trying to collect 150ish men. I am using most my companions to get passive relations in fief´s for more recruits (works well ty TW)
What are u guys experiencing?

I am playing as Vlandia and most my fighst has been vs Battanians so far

playing in 1.5.6 (main)

AI takes troops from garnizons - thats one. Two - they level up troops faster.

However none of this matter as they can easily be steamrolled by player... After gathering 350.000 gold, hitting Tier 4 and starting my own kingdom - in 3 days I had 1000+ army...

For one thing, each noble respawns almost immediately after being released or escaping, and when s/he spawns, s/he gets 10 free troops right there, not taken from any of their garrison troops. So if you have a battle with 6 enemy lords and all survive, and you release them, that's 60 free troops that will spawn with them right away.

Secondly, nobles don't seem to follow player rules when recruiting. For one thing, there's currently a bug where they can remote-recruit (they don't have to be at a settlement to recruit from it). For another, they (and companions, too) appear to ignore relations requirements on high-tier recruits.

There are probably other reasons AI can create superarmies much faster than a player can (at least, a player who's playing on high difficulty settings), but those are the ones I know about.

Meanwhile, if you create a remote clan party; they will spawn outside a town, ignore that town, and go for the nearest village. 80% of the time they will get picked off by looters before they reach the village as their speed is around 1.2 at best.

They AI has almost no downside to losing in battle, as they can raise an army of 60+ within a day. Among their 10-15 free units, will be several tier 4+ units. They have no wait periods, so can immediately go to raid a village or combat a smaller war party.

Seriously? You guys have problems to slap AI all over? I do play on hardest settings, vanilla (no mods), don't use cheat console and see no problem doing with AI whatever I want.... Just get some mercenaries, create army and steam-roll over everything AI throws at you.

Seriously? You guys have problems to slap AI all over? I do play on hardest settings, vanilla (no mods), don't use cheat console and see no problem doing with AI whatever I want.... Just get some mercenaries, create army and steam-roll over everything AI throws at you.
It's more about how the AI will just keep spawning nonstop and if you are playing an honor build you have to execute them to prevent an endless war. While you may have an easy time, its quite easy for the inverse when creating a kingdom when they just steamroll you no matter how many casualties you inflict because they recoup losses so quickly. I've had scenarios when I defect from the strongest kingdoms and just have an endless horde to deal with that steal my mercenaries and buy out any vassals I recruit. Even when playing with reduced damage to allies and players, you end up in a scenario when they just bully you relentlessly.

No - you do not. I did not execute a single enemy lord during my current ggameplay (more of an RPG fun than conquering all mission for me). I even reverted to saved files few times when enemy lords died while fighting me... And I had no problem beating up opponents during war (though because of my kingdom military strenght they just do not declare war on me and when I do - they agree to peace fast). Fast and massive unit spam is the only strnght AI got - can't take that away from them until their gamplay improves!

Guys - just read this forum - plenty of usefull things can be find thanks to other players. I did - really made this game a lot easier for me. There are informations about game mechanics, best tips and tricks - all you need...

But since you probably ain't gonna do that I'll make things easier for ya:
Hire 2 or 3 mercenary clans - make 1 massive army and steam-roll.
Need to build up your own ranks? Wait for 2 big armies to clash, stand next to them, declare war upon and wipe-out winner - you get 200+ units instantly... When your mercenries parties get low on soldiers - let them go and hire new ones with full ranks.
Repeat.

Also with new rebelion mechanics - you can get towns without messing with larger nations.

I do use companions to make an army for free and run around with 500 men and also the oppertunity to hire all in the kingdom i am playing for easy to get 1500 ish army
Problem is not that
Its just the fact that even tho i spank everything they almost come back instantly (not beheading anyone and just releasing nobles cought) and not only with a warband of 100ish per noble, the warband they run with is tier 3+

Raiding everything they can and even the AI in my kingdom is having just tier 1-3 units where as my enemy got tier 3+

SO the AI balancing is unequal

Playing hardmode on everything and realistic with death etc.

Just needs some balancing so it doesnt feel unsatifying putting the enemy to the ground

No - you do not. I did not execute a single enemy lord during my current ggameplay (more of an RPG fun than conquering all mission for me). I even reverted to saved files few times when enemy lords died while fighting me... And I had no problem beating up opponents during war (though because of my kingdom military strenght they just do not declare war on me and when I do - they agree to peace fast). Fast and massive unit spam is the only strnght AI got - can't take that away from them until their gamplay improves!

Guys - just read this forum - plenty of usefull things can be find thanks to other players. I did - really made this game a lot easier for me. There are informations about game mechanics, best tips and tricks - all you need...

Need to build up your own ranks? Wait for 2 big armies to clash, stand next to them, declare war upon and wipe-out winner - you get 200+ units instantly... When your mercenries parties get low on soldiers - let them go and hire new ones with full ranks.
Repeat.

Also with new rebelion mechanics - you can get towns without messing with larger nations.
I mean, I have about 400 hours of gameplay and several campaigns, have achieved victory multiple times, and I can safely say you get widely different scenarios for each playthrough. Sometimes you get steamrolls, and other times you get steam rolled. While you sound confidant in recent campaign, it might not work out later if they fix enemy army AI to properly prioritize targets. We address this issues where we see potential problems in the future to prevent them from occurring.

For me personally, I'd like to avoid war becoming defeat two enemy armies and then sweep their settlements. Likewise, I'd like to avoid war becoming a non-stop war of attrition where the enemy constantly replenishes their ranks over-night and nonstop battle prevents any sort of gains. I want a careful balancing act of cost vs reward in choosing when and where you fight.

Just don't be so defensive or dismissal of other's thoughts in what they'd like to see in the game. Just because you aren't experiencing this issue current doesn't mean it doesn't affect other players.

Whats stupid is after you take all their fiefs they still magically have parties and want money for peace, like you didn't just beat their *** 20X in a row and take everything they own.

I can Grind enemy factions all day but it's still ****ing annoying that they come back so fast at all. If it were up to me they would spawn as just the lord and have to do all the BS and risks to put the party together and earn and pay for every single thing ESPECIALLY actual horses for cav upgrades. And I'd make the penalty for not paying wages or feeding troops much more severe. Right now it basically nothing, you have to wait days before any party deserts and a garrison will never desert from lack of pay.

I wonder, I am at day 1500, somewhere; never killed an lord, except they died in battle, and I never encountert an neverending army. I had a war with asari, where I had to destroy 4 armies, and recently I had an war with valdia, they throw 5 armies at me, with roundabout 1000 men, mostly tier 4+, but after that, they came with armies around 600 men and mostly tier 2; which is more a meat grind :smile:
- I mean, if the ai has a lot villages, and only few loses over a period of time, all the recruits are tier 3 and above, so sure, they will came in waves
- If you defeat a lord, he goes home and stays there for a couple of days, but if the clan has money and an other lord, they will spawn a new armee with the other lord, highly with good troops, but the same aplies to your own clans in your kingdom
- Playing on 1.5.7; the passiv xp for AI is reduced, so I had long and most boring wars against the empire. As the empire nations are constantly in war, they seldom have good troops

How to stop endless war:
Raid the villages
buy the lords

Paying tribut:
The paying tribut is explained in the snowball discussion. When you take a fief, the enemy want a payment as a compensation, for the lose, the more you conquer the more they want. Well, if they have no armees, the payment may sink :smile:

So when i play and building up my army i got some perks for passive EXP for my troops. So i easy get the low tier into mid tier fast. But the AI even tho just annihilated them, quickly builds up a tier 3+ army. Their nobles almost instantly getting 80-100 men while i run around the map trying to collect 150ish men. I am using most my companions to get passive relations in fief´s for more recruits (works well ty TW)
What are u guys experiencing?

I am playing as Vlandia and most my fighst has been vs Battanians so far

playing in 1.5.6 (main)
i dunno. just sick of seeing army after army raised even though they are defeated (like. how tf do they recruit 400 recruits, not even peasants, in a snap of a finger)..

so annoying

I wonder, I am at day 1500, somewhere; never killed an lord, except they died in battle, and I never encountert an neverending army. I had a war with asari, where I had to destroy 4 armies, and recently I had an war with valdia, they throw 5 armies at me, with roundabout 1000 men, mostly tier 4+, but after that, they came with armies around 600 men and mostly tier 2; which is more a meat grind :smile:
- I mean, if the ai has a lot villages, and only few loses over a period of time, all the recruits are tier 3 and above, so sure, they will came in waves
- If you defeat a lord, he goes home and stays there for a couple of days, but if the clan has money and an other lord, they will spawn a new armee with the other lord, highly with good troops, but the same aplies to your own clans in your kingdom
- Playing on 1.5.7; the passiv xp for AI is reduced, so I had long and most boring wars against the empire. As the empire nations are constantly in war, they seldom have good troops

How to stop endless war:
Raid the villages
buy the lords

Paying tribut:
The paying tribut is explained in the snowball discussion. When you take a fief, the enemy want a payment as a compensation, for the lose, the more you conquer the more they want. Well, if they have no armees, the payment may sink :smile:
I dunno Kismet, you say you've never encountered a never ending army, but then explain a scenario that sounds just like that. You said 5 armies of around 1k and then more armies of around 600. That's several thousand, more than the entire strength of most factions.
I'm more in the middle on this debate, but it does get tiresome going through the slog of killing several thousand of their troops while wondering where they got them. I've seen the ai do this even when they only had say 3-4k strength left, but they send army after army of 500 to 1k troops. Where they're coming from who knows, but I don't think it's all coming from garrisons or they should be bankrupt.

I am experience the same s..t on 1.5.6. So I am with my favorite faction khuzaits and yes they are snowball faction and yes leave them like that because guess what, its the same snowball like Genghis Khan did and is historicaly accurate SNOWBALL. They've conquered whole Asia and half Europe, an Empire 4 times bigger than the roman and 2 times bigger than Alexander's. Briiing the khuzait snowball back! I cant play this s..t anymore. STOP THIS STUPID COMEBACKS with 100 120 men army after defeat. 1.5.6 is back in the stone age, this is only my opinion. Forgot to mention the AI with 1000 army going in the heart of the steppes to take Akalat or Orthong... I call all of this "AI CHEATING". I am a bit ragey right now because I've just spend hours on the wind for something which I do not enjoy anymore. Let us be honest every AI update or changes is going worst. Monchung is staying in Chaikand whole game - I mean THE KHAN! THE KHAN is not playing in the game because its over populated with lords. Bring the old AI back you are not fixing anything, its getting worst... I have suggestion instead of making factions like khuzait weaker on snowball early game, make them somehow weak on snowball in late game, because "the iron is destroyed only by its own rust" and history reminds us that EVERY GREAT EMPIRE HAS FALLEN! :wink:

Last edited:

Repeat.

We want realistic AI not these fixes because for example the REALISTIC SNOWBALL of the khuzaits!

When I roll them and lets say I am with the khuzaits and southern empire just took the Orthongard and I defeat it the 1000 army near the city and took back the city - they make peace, are u kidding me! In the same time Monchug is still in Chaikand and play tournaments haha

I am experience the same s..t on 1.5.6. So I am with my favorite faction khuzaits and yes they are snowball faction and yes leave them like that because guess what, its the same snowball like Genghis Khan did and is historicaly accurate SNOWBALL. They've conquered whole Asia and half Europe, an Empire 4 times bigger than the roman and 2 times bigger than Alexander's. Briiing the khuzait snowball back! I cant play this s..t anymore. STOP THIS STUPID COMEBACKS with 100 120 men army after defeat. 1.5.6 is back in the stone age, this is only my opinion. Forgot to mention the AI with 1000 army going in the heart of the steppes to take Akalat or Orthong... I call all of this "AI CHEATING". I am a bit ragey right now because I've just spend hours on the wind for something which I do not enjoy anymore. Let us be honest every AI update or changes is going worst. Monchung is staying in Chaikand whole game - I mean THE KHAN! THE KHAN is not playing in the game because its over populated with lords. Bring the old AI back you are not fixing anything, its getting worst... I have suggestion instead of making factions like khuzait weaker on snowball early game, make them somehow weak on snowball in late game, because "the iron is destroyed only by its own rust" and history reminds us that EVERY GREAT EMPIRE HAS FALLEN! :wink:

This is exactly why im always advocating for realistic political/war fatigue dynamic type solutions for snowballing as opposed to artificial means of just "capping them in the knee" arbitrarily.

Eventually you'll have a totally stagnant world map in which no one really does anything as that is the opposite side of the pendulum swing in which everyone attacks everyone. After enough people complain about "too much peace and idle Khuzaits" -expect the patch 1.90 "Return of The Khuzait Snowball 2.0" in which theyll be given Giant Horses and +60 Auto calc bonus.

This is exactly why im always advocating for realistic political/war fatigue dynamic type solutions for snowballing as opposed to artificial means of just "capping them in the knee" arbitrarily.

Eventually you'll have a totally stagnant world map in which no one really does anything as that is the opposite side of the pendulum swing in which everyone attacks everyone. After enough people complain about "too much peace and idle Khuzaits" -expect the patch 1.90 "Return of The Khuzait Snowball 2.0" in which theyll be given Giant Horses and +60 Auto calc bonus.
Is this for real?

I agree but this is not the way. I don't like the comebacks and specially this over population with lords. More people will start with the complains believe me this is only the beginning. And yeah give them wings also because I also realistically want to fly around with the khuzaits and do nothing and if possible instead of giant horses can we have unicorns please :grin: How long do you think I'll have the patients to play this ENDLESS COMEBACKS with only 2 3 hours per day? We have jobs and so little time for THAAAT long type of gameplay. So you want me to play this game 1 2 3 months? Half year on only one campaign/save/faction, I don't think so. TIME is a big problem with this game. For example how much time do I need to reach trade perk "exchange fiefs" with that slow leveling system? You know that most of the people will dumb that campaign save in the middle of the game and will start a new one and they'll go again to the middle game and will start over and over again. I don't have time for this, to march on one COMEBACK spot for eternity. You cannot live in this game! And will be more like 1.9.0 "the return of the complains" and 2.0.0 "the wrath of the community". Have a nice day sir.

Back
Top Bottom