Aging

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Aging&Death, having kids, etc, was probably for me the most anticipated feature announced for this game some time ago. Currently, it is sadly a totally wasted feature because aging pace is extremely slow. At the same time, war pace is too fast, which makes having kids pretty much pointless, because you can conquer the whole world before the main character dies.

My suggestion is related to increase the aging pace, something like reducing the number of days per year, plus making the reducing the heroes’ availability age from 18 to 16, to have kids available faster than now.

Reducing the number of days per year, something like 62 days per year, would mean that we could have our kids available at campaign day 1000 or so, which is still a lot of time but much more reasonable than having to wait +1600 days.

Making this change could mean that you maybe have to adjust some other elements like making the skill levelling a bit easier, and maybe also increasing the rate of AI lords marriages and pregnancy chance.

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
Aging&Death, having kids, etc, was probably for me the most anticipated feature announced for this game some time ago. Currently, it is sadly a totally wasted feature because aging pace is extremely slow. At the same time, war pace is too fast, which makes having kids pretty much pointless, because you can conquer the whole world before the main character dies.

My suggestion is related to increase the aging pace, something like reducing the number of days per year, plus making the reducing the heroes’ availability age from 18 to 16, to have kids available faster than now.

Reducing the number of days per year, something like 62 days per year, would mean that we could have our kids available at campaign day 1000 or so, which is still a lot of time but much more reasonable than having to wait +1600 days.

Making this change could mean that you maybe have to adjust some other elements like making the skill levelling a bit easier, and maybe also increasing the rate of AI lords marriages and pregnancy chance.
Bannerlord seasonality cycles through four seasons. Weeks are the traditional 7 day cycle. Bannerlord has a 3 week seasons, giving 84 days p.a. (4x7x3=84). The only viable option to vary seems to be weeks per season, allowing 56 days (4x7x2=56) or 28 days (4x7x1=28 ). IMO the later option would be far too short for the seasonality system to seem sensible.

I am playing as my original characters son and it dose nothing worth wile. Yet it was the feature that made me buy Bannerlord on EA . I thought we would get warband and a lite version of crusader kings . But the clan and family is really a pointless feature at the moment. You get better starting stats that's it but the son isn't as good as the father your slower and don't hit as hard . Which is fine you can build up gain but most the factions will be dead by this time anyway. For this feature to work and worth wile new factions need to rise and not just a rebellion . If a rebellion last for a X amount of time they should form a faction. That would keep the game going. plus having minor intrigues blackmail , relations pacts, assassins would keep you interested in looking after your family instead of just your babies turning into companions for your army.

Taveren

Recruit
Personally I love the ability to build a clan via arranging marriages for family, which brings in members with good stats, making vassals from companions, which allows for great immersion/role playing and having good commanders on the map. I don't know that Bannerlord is interesting enough, or the story compelling enough, to "live on" in my children. I find the 35 day pregnancy weird enough as it is.
I guess I prefer a new cycle than an endless living on. Life ends, new story starts. Just my optics

Because

Sergeant
It's weird as that would ruin the game for me. I personally want the game to go so slower. The original leaders and lords at least have a little bit of personality and background. As soon as everyone in the game has the same "so and so is cruel and cautious" as a personality and with zero background it takes what little character there is from the game. I also find the truncated years odd and would prefer that sieges and travelling were slower in terms of time taken to get anywhere/complete a siege so that it would take more days to arrive, but that you moved through those days at a quicker.
Still I think the chance of my goal happening is substantially less than yours but I do find it fascinating the difference in what people want from this game.

Top Bottom