Aging, death, and children

Users who are viewing this thread

I really doubt that these 444 people do not like aging and probably most of them only want an option to decide to play with/without aging.

I personally find really boring to play always with the same character with tons of skill points and It makes the late game really boring for me. Anyway It its like playing the sims, some people love aging and some people hate It. For me, aging is simply one of the best new features of this game.

An option to turn it off sounds great. It makes both parties happy, and even if TW doesn't give an option you know there will be a modder out there who will figure out how.

I totally understand your point humility925 about character creation, but if TW does keep aging, death, and heirs in the final release I would think there might be something like the tutoring quest for your children so you don't have to level them from scratch. Maybe they will inherit skills and physical traits from their parents. And if you don't like the looks of your child, there are mods (Detailed Character Creation on Nexus is the first that comes to mind, and probably not the last) that allows you to alter that, along with other mods to change your skills (Character Export Import). The important point to be made above all is this: we don't know if it will make it to final release.

The dynasty system is what really interested me in Bannerlord, and I think its an awesome addition to M&B. Could I live without it? Of course, but it would cause me to lose some interest in the game. I loved Warband, but being immortal got old after probably my 4th or 5th playthrough. It's something new that you don't generally see in this type of game, unless you count Total War, which comparing the two franchises is a stretch at best. Not that Total War is a bad franchise, played it for years, I just enjoyed being down on the field slicing and dicing more.

Add the possibility of dying to an already great series, and it gives you more of a sense of being smart about the battles you pick because you might just be laying next to your men as bird food. I get that some (not denying what you said about the poll) want the game to stay the way it was in Warband, but there are others who want the opposite.

So yeah, give us an option, simply for the fact that options are awesome. But the absolute fact is its their game, and TW will continue to develop it as they see fit.

Edit: Just saw your post after I posted, but I'm in total agreement Dabos37.

Because devs have far more important things to worry about right now than appeasing you.

I'm sure your feedback has been well and truly noted by this point.
...and you still can't comprehend it's more than just me. I've seen you argue with plenty of others over on the Steam Discussions regarding this topic as well.

Lol, I'm not complaining about your complaining, I thought the whole back and forth was kind of entertaining. I enjoy the game, even in the current state its in. I don't see how I came off upset, and don't think you really read my post. I mentioned both points and said both sides could go post on the feedback section. Did you post in the aforementioned section? I couldn't really care less, but the question still stands for arguments sake. Not that anyone would know since you have your entire profile blocked without scrolling through the entire feedback forum. Which I wouldn't bother bothering. So now instead of just complaining about complaining, you're complaining about my comment? And being insulting. So maybe you should think before you choose to get those panties of yours twisted. I mean pretty much all of what I've read that has come from you has been nothing but non-stop bashing on others opinions. Apparently EA is time for feedback, just so long as yours is the only opinion that's heard. Well stated

And maybe they will respond to the posts, but maybe they won't. Who gives a ****? They're the ones developing the game, not you. If you're really so worried about it, maybe you should apply to TW. Or better yet, become a modder. Or best, you could quit telling everyone their idiots for enjoying something you don't. You're the only one who is looking stupid right about now. Either try to enjoy what you paid for, or just quit playing and chalk it up to a poor choice of purchase.

lol. Okay. You insinuate I'm saying only my opinion matters. You're still here, *****ing about people who are giving feedback during Early Access. You suggest that I've only been bashing other opinions, but I'm not the one who first called people idiots for having an opinion. You ignored that twice now, apparently. Something about not reading others' posts...

You ignore that Momofoe started out by calling others idiots, including humility. But you apparently don't need any basis for your opinions before telling other people that they need to stop attacking other people for their opinions, and that I somehow think only my opinion matters. That is indeed your opinion, as flawed as your reasoning and conclusions have been thus far. You're still complaining about complaining. You don't mind people being insulting, because you either ignore it or approve of it when you share the same opinion as them.

'Either try to enjoy what you paid for, or just quit playing and chalk it up to a poor choice of purchase.'

Again, big brain argument, chief. You still don't get that this Early Access, and that this is the time for feedback. You still don't get that I enjoy this game. You still don't get that Momofoe escalated this and first started insulting people. But hey, come back here and tell me I shouldn't give feedback during Early Access. That'll make you right. XD

I could choose to continue this pointless and circular argument with you, but I'm going to have to take a hard pass on that. I wish you luck on getting an option to disable death and having your opinions heard.

With that said, good day to you sir.

I could choose to continue this pointless and circular argument with you, but I'm going to have to take a hard pass on that. I wish you luck on getting an option to disable death and having your opinions heard.

With that said, good day to you sir.
idem
We want the characters to die! in battle and old age! thanks for that wonderful brand new feature TW!

Aging is going to stay. There is no doubt about it. Time flow of the game is designed for it, that is for sure. In native, old age will be end of you no matter what you do. No one can play Warband for 2-3 years in game time but in Bannerlord there is a lot of difference. Best chance of anyone don't want this feature is a mod.

But who knows, I could be wrong.

idem
We want the characters to die! in battle and old age! thanks for that wonderful brand new feature TW!

As do I. It was one of the major reasons I was so excited for BL. That and being able to have heirs to carry on your legacy. A shame it isn't working atm.

Aging is going to stay. There is no doubt about it. Time flow of the game is designed for it, that is for sure. In native, old age will be end of you no matter what you do. No one can play Warband for 2-3 years in game time but in Bannerlord there is a lot of difference. Best chance of anyone don't want this feature is a mod.

But who knows, I could be wrong.

I hope your not wrong, then we really would just have Warband 2.0. Don't get me wrong, Warband is/was awesome, but the death and heir feature is what sets BL apart from it's predecessor.

I totally agree, and I know I put in a lot of time in Warband, but I don't think it takes more than 1-1-1/2 years of game time at max to conquer the whole of Calradia, if you take it slow. After that, it pretty much turns into an eternal kingdom management game. There's no fun in chasing bandits around forever just to get a little short-lived combat.

The important thing is that the base is already there. Then the modders will make sure the game is entertaining. Let's be honest Warband survived thanks to the modifications. I hope TW won't take long to apply death.

The important thing is that the base is already there. Then the modders will make sure the game is entertaining. Let's be honest Warband survived thanks to the modifications. I hope TW won't take long to apply death.

Agreed. But it sure would be nice if TW would have implemented more core game mechanics so modders didn't have to. It's something that is expected of any company. If it was advertised as "Here's your base game, now you can add the core features that you want," then that would be an honest fact. But that's not the case. One dev in particular said the game would be "full of features" upon release. But that's also not the case. I can find the link to the video if necessary.

No need to pass me the video! I also followed the development. It will be a matter of giving them time to implement those characteristics.

I agree with you, I just think that after 8 years in development at least the majority of the core game should have been seen to. I'm not talking quests so much as what was advertised long before EA. That doesn't mean I don't like the game. I just think there should have been more to it after all this time.

I understand that the game developed again after 4 years of work. Something went wrong and they had to redo it. It is a matter of time and patience.

Yes, I do agree about having patience, and am certainly not saying that they should hurry up and get what I want done. I realize that there are probably quite a few things that need to be done in order to move forward to some of the meatier parts of the game mechanics.

Having said that (even with the 4 years since redevelopment), I still stand by my opinion that TW should have planned the release with more of the features they announced would be in-game at the time of release, even an EA release. The video I was talking about was late last year, so if they knew at that point the game would be bare (or to be more kind and possibly more accurate, lacking in structure and/or function) of features that M&B fans know and love, it seems to be more of a PR stunt to sell copies rather than be transparent.

I suppose when I said "That doesn't mean I don't like the game," I should have said "I like the idea or potential of the game, rather than the game itself." At least in terms of features. I don't mind the bugs, or even the every-now-and-then ctd's, because with each new update I get to see that they are putting work into the game on a regular basis.

idem
I dont want that. Plenty of people don't like the new feature.
As do I. It was one of the major reasons I was so excited for BL. That and being able to have heirs to carry on your legacy. A shame it isn't working atm.

I hope your not wrong, then we really would just have Warband 2.0. Don't get me wrong, Warband is/was awesome, but the death and heir feature is what sets BL apart from it's predecessor.

I totally agree, and I know I put in a lot of time in Warband, but I don't think it takes more than 1-1-1/2 years of game time at max to conquer the whole of Calradia, if you take it slow. After that, it pretty much turns into an eternal kingdom management game. There's no fun in chasing bandits around forever just to get a little short-lived combat.
There are plenty of new things and features that set this a part from Warband. The new engine, graphics, and physics alone are a big change. They also added gangs, smithing, caravans, board games, directional blocking and a lot of new things. The aging isn't the only difference or main focus of Bannerlord.

Aging and heir systems are so exciting. Thank you Taleworlds for implementing these features.
But I wish Taleworlds will accelarate time flow in game, so we can play 2 or 3 generations.

Aging and heir systems are so exciting. Thank you Taleworlds for implementing these features.
But I wish Taleworlds will accelarate time flow in game, so we can play 2 or 3 generations.
Idem!!

I dont want that. Plenty of people don't like the new feature.

I am sure they will also launch the option "not die permanently" or the modders will take care of it. The vast majority of gamers are excited about this new feature. And we hope to see it implemented soon, it gives it realism, immersion and continuity. After all, the noble houses are run with dynasties, they are not immortal beings.

There are plenty of new things and features that set this a part from Warband. The new engine, graphics, and physics alone are a big change. They also added gangs, smithing, caravans, board games, directional blocking and a lot of new things. The aging isn't the only difference or main focus of Bannerlord.

That is true, but I was staying on point with the discussion. Aging might not be the only difference or main focus, but you have to admit it is a fairly large part of the game. I do enjoy the new graphics and caravans, but I haven't done much with the smithing or been able to play any board games, but I have tried. The aging and death features just happen to be my favorites. I enjoy the thought of actually risking something more than a few days as a prisoner and losing all of my cash on hand. Once it's working that is.

I am sure they will also launch the option "not die permanently" or the modders will take care of it.

Also, as @Lord Badfox pointed out, you will most likely get an option that fits your play style. Which there is one already (not functional yet, same as death) in Campaign Options.

I agree with you, I just think that after 8 years in development at least the majority of the core game should have been seen to. I'm not talking quests so much as what was advertised long before EA. That doesn't mean I don't like the game. I just think there should have been more to it after all this time.

It is not how software developments work. They switched game engines at least once (more than once, I believe ), that essentially means implementing everything new. Also I think reading between the dev blogs that there were major issues about nailing down the feature scope. So the time for implementing known core features was reset by engine switches and the rest of the feature scope was never focussed and probably a constant experimental trying out of ideas.

I do not recommend Taleworlds on giving the impression of good project management, just enjoy Bannerlord as it is, but I guess, I did not expect as much as others as the signs were clear and by now even AAA titles usually underwhelm in new features. After ten years the engine update at least was necessary.

Idem!!

I am sure they will also launch the option "not die permanently" or the modders will take care of it. The vast majority of gamers are excited about this new feature. And we hope to see it implemented soon, it gives it realism, immersion and continuity. After all, the noble houses are run with dynasties, they are not immortal beings.
More people said they didn't like it than said that they like it.
That is true, but I was staying on point with the discussion. Aging might not be the only difference or main focus, but you have to admit it is a fairly large part of the game. I do enjoy the new graphics and caravans, but I haven't done much with the smithing or been able to play any board games, but I have tried. The aging and death features just happen to be my favorites. I enjoy the thought of actually risking something more than a few days as a prisoner and losing all of my cash on hand. Once it's working that is.

Also, as @Lord Badfox pointed out, you will most likely get an option that fits your play style. Which there is one already (not functional yet, same as death) in Campaign Options.
Only option so far is battle death turn off. Aging isn't even a large part of the game right now. The game is playable without it.

Back
Top Bottom