Aging, death, and children

Users who are viewing this thread

How the well could they add every damn feature on description, what if they didn't include one? They have much more feature that isnt on steam or homepage.

If you just disable age deaths then newborns would flood the caldaria, other features such as companions can be lord would make there are thousands of lord in calradia. If only you don't age then it would be pretty bull****, im a playing vampire game or something.

Tl:dr They can't just flip a switch and turn an entire feature off, it requires tons of balance

Also this game is not warband, its a new game it has new features. You cant just expect copy of warband.
Or, you know, they can just turn off making babies? There are already mods that can do that, don't tell me the dev can't do something so simple? So maybe it's not just a flip of a switch, but it's pretty close.
Hell, there isn't even age deaths in game right now and the game is perfectly playable. You're acting as if it's some overly complicated thing to disable such feature.

I just want to make clear, because it seems like a lot of people don't know, that checking the heroes can die mark doesn't change anything in battles. Heroes are all still immortal. My companions have been captured and never executed.

If only you don't age then it would be pretty bull****, im a playing vampire game or something.

Tl:dr They can't just flip a switch and turn an entire feature off, it requires tons of balance

Also this game is not warband, its a new game it has new features. You cant just expect copy of warband.

No other M&B game forced expiration dates on characters, either. Fire & Sword, Viking Conquest didn't have the feature either. The new engine, improved graphics, better physics, bigger battles, new setting, new factions already differentiate this from Warband significantly.

...and being able to heal just a couple days after being stabbed, slashed, impaled, and trampled isn't exactly the behavior of mere mortals, chief. The characters are already superhuman. If you want to saddle on new restrictions to avoid being supernatural, you might as well insist that players should have to take months to heal from battle wounds, should have to suffer permanent injury, need to take time out to sleep (meaning no movement on map while sleeping, healing, etc.), should have to stop to take a dump, etc..

'I don't want to play a game where my character doesn't need to sleep or poop!' Ok, I for one will skip the mundane activities that don't enhance my experience.

'BUT MUH BALANCE!!' The devs already let players disable 'battle death.' That affects the balance. You can execute lords. That affects balance. The player can change difficulty. That affects balance. The player can hire companions when other lords don't. That affects balance. Yet the devs let players have these options, despite them changing the balance. ...and guess what? NONE OF THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR GAME IF YOU DON'T PLAY THAT WAY!

I think the new system is pretty cool and like having this "legacy" system.

It doesn't bother me since I can simply reroll a new character any time and often do, yet I can imagine if some people can't handle the extra pressure that their character might die.

If I want to play a hardcore run, or ironman mode, the option might be enjoyable. It's less about 'can't handle the extra pressure' and more about the game making me waste my time to be burdened with a new mechanic that I don't give a **** about. If the aging is so irrelevant, and I can conquer the map before I even need a dynasty, then why even bother having this irrelevant and unnoticeable 'key feature?'

To say that this restriction is an upgrade on previous mechanics, especially when compared to previous M&B games, is a joke.

'Hey! You know what would make these forums better? If users had to create a new account every hundred posts or so!'

Why? Why would you make me waste my time to be able to do what I've always done without the limit?

If I want to play a hardcore run, or ironman mode, the option might be enjoyable. It's less about 'can't handle the extra pressure' and more about the game making me waste my time to be burdened with a new mechanic that I don't give a **** about. If the aging is so irrelevant, and I can conquer the map before I even need a dynasty, then why even bother having this irrelevant and unnoticeable 'key feature?'

To say that this restriction is an upgrade on previous mechanics, especially when compared to previous M&B games, is a joke.

'Hey! You know what would make these forums better? If users had to create a new account every hundred posts or so!'

Why? Why would you make me waste my time to be able to do what I've always done without the limit?

We you looking to discuss this or something? Or you just looking to push your opinion to someone on the internet?

Either way- I already get it dude, some people don't like the extra stress of playing more definitive game.

TaleWorlds needs an option (or a mod) where time goes slower, i.e. more days in a year. Currently its about 200 days in a year? Maybe they can bump it up to 365. Right now characters age too fast. By the time I've finished farming up money for a few caravans and workshops and half an army, my dude is already got gray hair and ready to retire, when that is the time to actually be going out and making your own kingdom and doing war things.

Obviously for players that want to play through their lineage, their kids, then they can keep the speed settings as they are. But for players like me who liked the original warband style, without any lineage bull****, it would be great to have a mod to slow things down a little. Seeing everyone with grey hair after playing your save for 2 hours isn't really appealing nor lore friendly.

No other M&B game forced expiration dates on characters, either. Fire & Sword, Viking Conquest didn't have the feature either. The new engine, improved graphics, better physics, bigger battles, new setting, new factions already differentiate this from Warband significantly.

They were more of a dlc of the same game tho.

...and being able to heal just a couple days after being stabbed, slashed, impaled, and trampled isn't exactly the behavior of mere mortals, chief. The characters are already superhuman. If you want to saddle on new restrictions to avoid being supernatural, you might as well insist that players should have to take months to heal from battle wounds, should have to suffer permanent injury, need to take time out to sleep (meaning no movement on map while sleeping, healing, etc.), should have to stop to take a dump, etc..

Then the game should be like no losing battles because you don't like losing. You just enter a battle win it no matter what, non of your mens die because you like hero fantasy. Arrows can't hurt you because you are immortal essentially. Now you are thinking how I'm exaggerating all the things you said and im not right because im exaggerating it and im not right just like you aren't. you can't just exaggerating something I said and slap it on whatever you want and be with it.

There are tons of people who wants game to be arcady and tons of them who wants game to be simulation. What im saying is devs can't satify everyone they cant make two game at the same time. You are talking as features can be closed flipping a switch which is not the case. If it were first mods there were would be disabling such features.

'BUT MUH BALANCE!!' The devs already let players disable 'battle death.' That affects the balance. You can execute lords. That affects balance. The player can change difficulty. That affects balance. The player can hire companions when other lords don't. That affects balance. Yet the devs let players have these options, despite them changing the balance. ...and guess what? NONE OF THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR GAME IF YOU DON'T PLAY THAT WAY!

Again you are exaggerating and thinking you have a point. Those slider made spesificly to not to break the game, they are either selected to be as chanceable because they don't effect rest of the game too much or they have tons of other changes behind single switch. Even current disable death doesn't work as it should imo. And you want complete feature overhaul. Again it was that easy there will be a mod for it already.

Warband = Warband
Bannerlord = Bannerlord.
All are distinct games based in the same region as it were.
So what if there is permadeath? By being able to execute lords, that means the death mechanic is there to stay.
It is very unfair to keep comparing each title to one another, and expect each game to be a continuation of the previous one.
Ultimately this isn't a community-funded game, the devs have their own plans. They're not going to change things just because a small subset of players dislike the game. This game isn't marketed to only previous M & B players, but to all.
Games don't have to have adjustable settings for all mechanics, it's part of normal gameplay.

They were more of a dlc of the same game tho.

Then the game should be like no losing battles because you don't like losing. You just enter a battle win it no matter what, non of your mens die because you like hero fantasy. Arrows can't hurt you because you are immortal essentially. Now you are thinking how I'm exaggerating all the things you said and im not right because im exaggerating it and im not right just like you aren't. you can't just exaggerating something I said and slap it on whatever you want and be with it.

There are tons of people who wants game to be arcady and tons of them who wants game to be simulation. What im saying is devs can't satify everyone they cant make two game at the same time. You are talking as features can be closed flipping a switch which is not the case. If it were first mods there were would be disabling such features.

Again you are exaggerating and thinking you have a point. Those slider made spesificly to not to break the game, they are either selected to be as chanceable because they don't effect rest of the game too much or they have tons of other changes behind single switch. Even current disable death doesn't work as it should imo. And you want complete feature overhaul. Again it was that easy there will be a mod for it already.

Lol. Ok... If you insist on these mental gymnastics. I never said I don't like losing. I'm fine with that. I don't like the game wasting my time by deleting a character after a set amount of time, and making me re-level a character to continue playing the same game. Instead you claim I have a problem with losing (incorrect) and that somehow Mount & Blade lords that can be stabbed, impaled, trampled, and heal in a couple of days doesn't strike you as superhuman. But you don't want to 'play vampire game.' Ok, if you say so.

Either way, you're wrong. I'm fine with losing. Your character is already capable of surviving and doing many things mere mortals cannot.

Also, if your aging death and accelerated aging mechanic were as central and important to the game as you insist, it would currently be working. Right now, it is not. Meaning it's not active. Meaning the game works fine without it. XD

Let's see you deny and flex that cognitive dissonance some more.

Also, Fire & Sword WAS NOT DLC. It was a stand alone title.:

Warband = Warband
Bannerlord = Bannerlord.
All are distinct games based in the same region as it were.
So what if there is permadeath? By being able to execute lords, that means the death mechanic is there to stay.
It is very unfair to keep comparing each title to one another, and expect each game to be a continuation of the previous one.
Ultimately this isn't a community-funded game, the devs have their own plans. They're not going to change things just because a small subset of players dislike the game. This game isn't marketed to only previous M & B players, but to all.
Games don't have to have adjustable settings for all mechanics, it's part of normal gameplay.
Then maybe don't sell this as a M&B title with an advertised feature to 'play the game the way you want?'
o0ubs1y.png

Weird, I thought Mount & Blade 2 would be like a Mount & Blade game. I mean, it is supposed to be a Mount & Blade game, right?

Lol. Ok... If you insist on these mental gymnastics. I never said I don't like losing. I'm fine with that. I don't like the game wasting my time by deleting a character after a set amount of time, and making me re-level a character to continue playing the same game. Instead you claim I have a problem with losing (incorrect) and that somehow Mount & Blade lords that can be stabbed, impaled, trampled, and heal in a couple of days doesn't strike you as superhuman. But you don't want to 'play vampire game.' Ok, if you say so.

Like I said (and you didn't read)
There are tons of people who wants game to be arcady and tons of them who wants game to be simulation. What im saying is devs can't satify everyone they cant make two game at the same time.
Not all features are realistic nor they should be, there are features that are arcady and there are features that are realistic. It depends only on dev's opinion.

Either way, you're wrong. I'm fine with losing. Your character is already capable of surviving and doing many things mere mortals cannot.
Then know that every character is mortal in this game play accordingly and stop whinnig

Also, if your aging death and accelerated aging mechanic were as central and important to the game as you insist, it would currently be working. Right now, it is not. Meaning it's not active. Meaning the game works fine without it.

Nope I don't think averything works as intended. Game won't reach its peak potential unti this feature is complete. How many times did you die and passed to your heir?

Also, Fire & Sword WAS NOT DLC. It was a stand alone title.:
It was made by Sich Studio, its inpired by a popular mod, its stand-alone expansion and its argueably shallow than most of the popular community mods.

Like I said (and you didn't read)

Not all features are realistic nor they should be, there are features that are arcady and there are features that are realistic. It depends only on dev's opinion.

Then know that every character is mortal in this game play accordingly and stop whinnig

Nope I don't think averything works as intended. Game won't reach its peak potential unti this feature is complete. How many times did you die and passed to your heir?

It was made by Sich Studio, its inpired by a popular mod, its stand-alone expansion and its argueably shallow than most of the popular community mods.

Yes, I did read. You've started on the cant of elements being integral to the M&B series as being restrictions, when they are avoidable or able to be overcome.

You can turn off battle death. You can heal from mortal wounds in a matter of days, and survive being chopped up, impaled, trampled, etc.. Not exactly mortal, chief.

TaleWorlds advertises this game as being able to be played the way the player wants to play it.:
o0ubs1y.png

When this game is considered ready for full version release, I don't want to play with the new restrictions that haven't been a part of the M&B games in the past.

Quit whining about players wanting options. You play a superhuman, get over it.

You and another person here have comprehension issues. It's never been about 'difficulty,' 'stress,' or 'losing.' It's about saddling players with a potentially unavoidable burden and restriction in the form of a time limit in order to play the game, despite previous entries and even this early access version not forcing players to re-roll and re-level characters.

Then you dismissed people who have a legitimate dislike of the proposed feature as 'idiots,' you called me a 'joke,' but you haven't even been close to correct in many of your arguments and assertions.

Balance is already sacrificed by allowing players to disable battle death, tweak difficulty, hire companions, etc.. Then you claim you don't want to be supernatural, despite the fact the game already has player characters and lords surviving lethal wounds and healing quickly, without the need for rest.

So balance is already subject to change, the devs even provide the options to do so out of the box. You insist you don't want a 'vampire game' as you still run around and remain virtually indestructible. Yet the notion of players being able to disable/ignore the proposed accelerating aging and aging death mechanic has you upset. Sorry I don't want my time being wasted with a mechanic I have no interest in?

Im sorry but at this point you are only talking idiotic, play the way you want it means there are no linear story and the game is sandbox. I can't bear your nonsenses, i didn't even bother to read after that.
lol

Okay. Considering you don't even understand the meaning of the word 'feature,' lack basic comprehension skills, and can't even accept the reality that you play a superhuman that defies the constraints of nature and mortality, your opinion doesn't mean anything to me.

Sandbox game also implies options. Like the ones they have included to adjust difficulty, disable battle death, execute lords, etc..

'Play the way you want' doesn't have qualifiers like you are claiming. Yet again, you are incorrect.

lol

Okay. Considering you don't even understand the meaning of the word 'feature,' lack basic comprehension skills, and can't even accept the reality that you play a superhuman that defies the constraints of nature and mortality, your opinion doesn't mean anything to me.

Sandbox game also implies options. Like the ones they have included to adjust difficulty, disable battle death, execute lords, etc..

'Play the way you want' doesn't have qualifiers like you are claiming. Yet again, you are incorrect.
Maybe some like the feature of death? Hell the expiration you talked about in previous post wont matter as you can complete the game well before your character "expires" all i see here is complaining for the sake of it. Sorry the game didnt meet EVERY expectation of yours.\
EDIT: Oh i forgot its still EA and they are still completing the features, Bud.
and in response to an earlier comment about advertising features like dynasties, in the blogs they even stated dynasties and all that, your fault for not looking at em.

Last edited:
Kangamungus, you've been arguing the same thing in just about every thread since the game was released. They're not going to remove a feature because of one vocal user on the forums, and making it optional is the least of their priorities when so much is missing from the game.

It would be nice if they let us adjust the length of a season, but I don't see that coming anytime soon if it's at all possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom