Age of Machinery 0.503 *stable* REDOWNLOAD please, file was messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

SellSword said:
One thing has been bothering me...
Does the enemy use these too?
I thought it would be hard to implement AI to use these
Of course they do. :smile: As the player doesn't fire them himself, his team uses AI to fire them as well.

timedanze said:
some news  :idea:???
Improve your posting style, please. Less smileys, question marks and more spell check. Read your posts again before submitting. I usually don't answer  posts like that.

Yes, there has been progress. The mod is now ported to 1.010, deer and boar hunting is implemented. I'm fixing some missing features now, then I'll see if it is playable enough for a Beta release or if I'll wait a little bit more.

I heard somthing about making objects destroyable by giving them the same code as the training dummies. If you figure out how to do that with the gate, you probably could make it so it only receives blunt damage. Imagine soldiers bashing the gates with pole hammers and maces.

The relief map can cause heavy lag. This way players with weak computers can turn down the solution.

By the way: Lord Recruitment is finished.

heee ihr sprecht deutsch?? cooollll  :razz:

i am sorry, but my englsih is not so good  :???:

i am really looking forward for the final release!!

Looks lovely- it seems like this whole thing should be in Native.
Highlander said:
Swadians:
Swadian engineers are the best ones in Calradia. With their advanced technology, they are frightened by their enemies.
Now I hate to pick nits (not really) but, wouldn't "they are frightened by their enemies" mean they're afraid of those enemies? :razz: (Which, I take it, is not what you meant?)

FrisianDude said:
Highlander said:
Swadians:
Swadian engineers are the best ones in Calradia. With their advanced technology, they are frightened by their enemies.
Now I hate to pick nits (not really) but, wouldn't "they are frightened by their enemies" mean they're afraid of those enemies? :razz: (Which, I take it, is not what you meant?)

Reading that now is funny.

An idea: put mantlets and pallisades partially infront of siege weapons. The engineers could have a cover from fire and can be made to wear lighter armour.

FrisianDude said:
Highlander said:
Swadians:
"They frighten their enemies would fit", I guess. :razz: Everything fine then?  :lol:

Lt. of the tower said:
An idea: put mantlets and pallisades partially infront of siege weapons. The engineers could have a cover from fire and can be made to wear lighter armour.
In siege scenes maybe, but it would be too hard to put in regular battles.

Highlander said:
Danke.

Added the option for the player to give his fiefs to his vassals, when he is king.

Two questions, first...
Is there any improvement to friendly lord AI built in to this mod? I notice that friendly lords ride right by our castles being attacked, sometimes to chase after a smaller army, sometimes just to park themselves in a town/castle. It seems in general like they don't care about defending these things, especially the border territories.  I'd think if it were there own personal castle/town they would at least try to defend it, but I don't see this type of behavior.   

Second...
I assume by vassals you are referring to enemy lords you recruit to your side, not your companions, correct?

Side note, checked out your 1866 mod and videos, very impressive.  I am definitely looking forward to the features you have to offer.

Kardiophylax said:
Highlander said:
Danke.

Added the option for the player to give his fiefs to his vassals, when he is king.

Two questions, first...
Is there any improvement to friendly lord AI built in to this mod? I notice that friendly lords ride right by our castles being attacked, sometimes to chase after a smaller army, sometimes just to park themselves in a town/castle. It seems in general like they don't care about defending these things, especially the border territories.  I'd think if it were there own personal castle/town they would at least try to defend it, but I don't see this type of behavior.   
Not changed sorry.
Second...
I assume by vassals you are referring to enemy lords you recruit to your side, not your companions, correct?
Nope, you recruit "new" lords, who didn't exist before. Might put in something better later.

Side note, checked out your 1866 mod and videos, very impressive.  I am definitely looking forward to the features you have to offer.
Thanks.

Oh, and btw:
There is an Alpha on the first page. Everyone is welcome to Beta test.

Played a little and I have to say it wasn't enough!!
I hunted and as expected only arrows do damage a shame really I wanted to do a remake of Robert Baratheon's death!! :smile:

Some bugs I found:
Boar mount for sale not sure if it is intended.
And this one concerning Moral system, I killed one of my units (bastard got in the way!!) and troops suffered a loss of morale but still were inspired by the kill, maybe you could talk about it with Chel to get it fixed!

Hell no, of course boars are intended as mounts.
Just kidding. I looked at the source files and deers should be buyable too. That bug is not fatal, though, since a boar requires 11 riding of skill, which you can't reach.
I'll keep the morale bug in mind, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom