Age of Machinery 0.503 *stable* REDOWNLOAD please, file was messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Siege towers have to be made more effective than ladders. Not sure what do do though

I think the only way to fix is it for the siege tower to be more protected, i.e adjust the mesh or create a new one. My idea would be to Just add some board along the sides as Llew suggested.

What's this from? MaB Realism?

Was planned to be, but it's too demanding for a siege.

Llew2 said:
Highlander said:
Anyone with a good idea is welcome to post it.
Make them more like they really were. Make it so that troops can either A; ride in them up to the walls and be safe from arrows, thereby allowing a large force to attach at once without being weakened by arrows as usual, or if that didn't work for some reason, B; make the towers in such a way that while attacking across the bridge, troops are shielded from arrows from the sides. Maybe with a kind of light rawhide/wood wall on the sides of the bridge.

Both would require a remodeling of the siege tower, but that isn't to big, I don't think.

but isn't that the advantage of defending the castle? this would kill the entire advancing-to-the-walls process to be just cinematic and have no bearing in a battle.

VERY GREAT! VERY GREAT!!!! YOU ARE A HERO!! FINALLY SOMEONE MADE IT POSSIBLE TO USE TEBUCHETS etc!!

can´t wait for release!!! it looks so great!

I think I've found the solution for the tower problem. A few versions back, 0.890 or something you had to order your men to place a ladder in the menu and take big losses. That would be fine, I think.

Allright, the castle walls don't actually change, but the particle system still looks great (even if the wall looks the same as before after a few seconds).
newscreeniz4.jpg

A few versions back, 0.890 or something you had to order your men to place a ladder in the menu and take big losses. That would be fine, I think.

Yes, I found it strange how the ladders were magically placed there for our convenience.

Flying bricks look great!

Will you relese the source for this when it's done? Those are all things I'm planning on adding into my mod, and it'd be pretty pointless me making a second version of all this with all the other scripting I have planned.

THis looks awesome, as we have all come to expect from the Higland man...

Jubal said:
Will you relese the source for this when it's done? Those are all things I'm planning on adding into my mod, and it'd be pretty pointless me making a second version of all this with all the other scripting I have planned.
Maybe at a very late stage of the mod.

Good news. The strategie part of the mod (building catapults/selecting them for battle) is done.

Highlander said:
Jubal said:
Maybe at a very late stage of the mod.

Good news. The strategie part of the mod (building catapults/selecting them for battle) is done.

WOOO!
/highfives

this sounds really amazing!! ...can´t wait finally for realease!!  :cool:

...but only 2 questions...

1.) what about sieges of towns??
1 think there are about 2 rings of walls around... - so will there be also defensive-machinery on the walls???

2.) will it be finally possible to destroy the gates via machinery??

timedanze said:
this sounds really amazing!! ...can´t wait finally for realease!!  :cool:

...but only 2 questions...

1.) what about sieges of towns??
1 think there are about 2 rings of walls around... - so will there be also defensive-machinery on the walls???
There are towns with two rings of walls? Haven't seen those towns in game. Can you give me an example?
Machinery (catapults) might be on the walls of some towns or castles. The code is done, but I'm not sure, if there will be scene builders who voluntarily edit all those scenes.
timedanze said:
2.) will it be finally possible to destroy the gates via machinery??
I've spoken to vlad flyzzz recently. He offered to do some modeling.
Our ideas are currently these things:
Moveable ladders:

Battering rams and mantelets:
Mantelet.defensif.2.png

We are open for other suggestions.

If you do much scene editing for this, please remove nonsensical blockers (i.e. the ones that stop you jumping te fence inside the first wall at Tihr). I hate them soooo much.

BloodLuster said:
Ah, I see.
Jubal said:
If you do much scene editing for this, please remove nonsensical blockers (i.e. the ones that stop you jumping te fence inside the first wall at Tihr). I hate them soooo much.
I'm not planning to do much scene editing. I'll do some castles for testing and screenshots, but the rest will be up to volunteers. I'm sure that there are enough when the mod has a release.

Sweet mother of artillery, those are some awesome screens. Any chance of getting some video of the new toys?

great news!!!

battery rams!!!  :lol: :cool: :cool: :cool:

so you have to edit some castles-gates (for example in some there are already destroyed gates when you start siege... so you have to rebuild a gate into...)...

One of the least enjoyable activities in M&B for me is castle assaults.  Defending I stand near the ladder/ramp and repeatedly chop/slash for several minutes with my polearm.  Attacking I either run in and jump into the fray right away or end up trying to push forward on the narrow rampway.  Either way, I'd prefer an open field fight to the tight spaced pushfest. 

The improvements you are making to the siege warfare look amazing, and it looks like once you've completed them they will add a whole new dimension to the fight.  The particle effect on the walls is very nice, even if the wall still looks normal once it clears.

One thing has been bothering me...
Does the enemy use these too?
I thought it would be hard to implement AI to use these

Back
Top Bottom