SP Native Medieval Age of Chivalry mod (updated 21/6 with images)

Users who are viewing this thread

Chel said:
The knights also look similar to the ones made for the Hundred Years War mod. Maybe you could ask Raz for those textures if he is focused on the Holy War mod and does not plan to work on the HYW:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5576.msg118398.html#msg118398

Ah, those are cool. I'd never seen them before. Oh well, now the standards been set, I have something to measure mine by :razz:
I'll see what I can do about giving the horsies a more weathered look.

EDIT: Ok, did you mean something like this Chel?

I cannot wait for the release of your mod. Now if I was you, I would wait a bit before releasing it. Why? Because new M&B releases occurs approximately every 2 months. And it's been around 2 months since the .75 so we should be close to a new one (my guess is within a month).

If you need someone to help you test the mod you can PM me, I'll be happy to help you. I'm good for balance, gameplay, ideas and things like that. I sux at debugging, stress test, ...

I have posted a link with interesting links in the forum (titled "cool pictures"). Should have a look.

Ciao,

That looks a lot better Citizen. Now it looks a lot more like a cloth with its own feel and texture. Good one.

I did some horse textures ages ago. They are a little amateurish and need a bit of work - they don't really have any cloth texture

horseunicorn2qt.png
l

Links to more screenshots on this page [download on here no longer works]
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,7922.0.html

If you want them, PM me and I'll send them to you - might still have the original photoshop files knocking about somewhere.

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask what happened to this mod.

Is it still in development? Are you going to use all those textures for something else?

First Citizen said:
chivalry8ux.jpg

Hey, so I've been working silently on this mod for a while but I've just started on some new textures so I thought I'd update this.

A few of the main features:
The mod aims at giving the game a more medieval feel, for example:
- Each and every knight (per party) will have his own unique style of heraldry, that means for instance a different shield texture for every single knight.
- New quests, dialogue and characters which fit in to medieval times
- New troop templates.
- The feudal system will make an appearence, insofar as troop hiring and war parties, more on this later.
- The larger parties will be headed by one or more named characters (nobles) who will able to be ransomed for large sums of money if the player manages to capture
  them.
- Completely new map reflecting a Western European environment.
- The player will eventually be able to own his own castle/estate. And it will be more than simply a stone wall with troops inside. From here the player will manage his retinue,
his horses, and his armour and  weaponry.
- One on one combat with named characters will be a large feature, tournament style.

The mod will be more realistic to an extent:
- The mod is set in the late 13th century, so plate armour will only be featured on the legs.
- Only mercenaries will be available for the player to hire at first, "trained" troops and fuedal levy will only be available once the player has his own estate. Even then,
  knights will not be available for the players own retinue except in special circumstances (for example through the story or other means which I wont elaborate on yet)     
- Similarly, the best armour, horses and weapons wont be available from the common merchants. Again, the player will have to become a knight and maintain his own
  estate to pay for such things.
- Combat will be completely revamped, horses will be faster, have higher charge ratings, but be less manouevreable. Knights will dominate the battlefield, only the best 
  infantry will be able to stand up to them. At the same time there will be less knights overall except in large war parties.   

Eventually, I want to do a whole lot more, for example include a large action filled storyline (think storymod), but that'll take a while since I'm doing this alone.
In summary, the I'm making the mod to give the player a more genuine medieval experiance with an emphasis on knighthood, with more colourful textures, heraldry, more dialogue, etc.

By the way, would people prefer if I released a beta with the new textures + combat rebalence, and then later released the whole mod with all the features? Or wait for the whole thing at once?

Ok, heres a glimpse at how I envision the mod might look, with some of the textures I've made (my own designs except for the one at the bottom which I blatently ripped off somewhere or other). I probably wont be using most of these textures as you see them now (I'm a perfectionist) but its just to give an idea:

preview29cd.jpg

I eventually want to have each knight matched with a specific horse, armour and shield texture, so it wont be the motley affair you see above.

new image:

Oh and lastly, I'm desperately in the need of new helmets which fit in with the time period (great helms, flat topped helmets with visors, mail coifs etc). If anyone has any they'd like to share, I'd be obliged. *Jealous of the Holy War mod*

Hi, I've recentlry began in earnest the slow process of making a mod that I've been half-heartedly been working on for a while. It started off as a simple items expansion but I've had so many ideas - most of which were sadly unfeasible - and eventually I've come up with this:

The "Age of Chivalry" mod (its only a working title, I'll probably think of something better later, suggestions are welcome) is aimed at creating a more immersive and to some extent more realistic medieval feel to mount & blade. It will be set in the early 13th century, and most likely in a western european based but fictional location.

Broad overview of some of the planned Features –

-Give the game a more medieval feel, making it more interesting with more characters to speak to and things to do, side quests, more ‘hero’ characters, much more dialogue etc – all fitting in with the medieval theme. I plan to introduce heraldry, and also new troops, items, etc.

-Owning a castle will actually mean something. The castle(s) the player can capture will have a proper interior, and be filled with characters (well ok, there'll be one or two :wink:) through whom the player can manage his fiefdom (for example recruit 'proper' troops).

-More realistic party templates. For the scale of the game, there are too many knights about the place. To compensate, they will be quite a bit more powerful when they do appear (in larger armies for example). It will be nigh on impossible for all but the largest group of common infantry to take on mounted knights and win.

-I feel that the player too quickly becomes a knight with all the best weapons and armour, it will be much much harder in this mod. In fact, the player will not even be able to own a full suit of armour and an armoured horse without his own estate.

-Similarly, the player wont be able to amass a large army right away. The well trained expensive troops wont even available from the usual place anymore, they will have to either be supplied from the faction leader of the players faction, (probably when there is some specific order given) or from the players own estate, once he or she owns one. Only mercenary troops will be available at inns.

-I can't promise total historical accuracy, but I will do my best to maintain it (for example; the locations wont be real, but full plate armour wont be available as it wasn't around in the period of the mod). Technical accuracy is also an issue, I've been playing around with horse and infantry speeds and I think I've got it as realistic as it can get.

-I also want to make locations actually mean something. For example the player might learn through other NPC's that he has to travel to x city to find the master blacksmith capable of creating the sword the player wants. Little things like that to give each location distinction from the next.

Anyway, the goal here is to make the game feel less like a race to get the best items and army, and then have no options left but to go and kill other armies.
I guess where I’m headed is to create a mod where the player actually feels like he is living the life of some medieval character, and at the same time making it so that the high achievements (getting full suits of armour, an army, owning a castle) are feel like actual achievements, not just the result of a few merchant trips or battles.
As far as a storyline goes, I'm thinking of something similar to storymod, whereby the player can choose from a couple of paths, but I'm not going to reveal anymore just yet (not that I have anything special).

At this point you might be asking just how feasible a mod like this is, well I can say that in all honesty the first release will most probably include a few new items, party templates and maybe the scene for the interior of a castle. Well maybe not that little :smile:. I know all new modders ideas are taken with a grain of salt (as they should be) but bear with me, and you may just be pleasantly surprised in the end! I suppose the best way to describe what I have in mind for this mod is a combination of storymod, to a lesser extent the expanded gameplay mod and also the upcoming medieval experience mod, though by no means is my mod as ambitious as the latter. :razz:

And at this stage it looks like I'll be creating it all myself, though I'm really not good at modelling, so I'll probably just be texturing other peoples models unless I find another solution. Help would be appreciated and also if anyone likes this idea enough that they want to work with me creating it then that would be cool as well.

Oh, and all suggestions and/or criticism is welcome.

I'll be updating this as soon as I have new material.
where can i download this mod for mount and blade?

Still going fella's - just decided not to post anything else till it was done - and its going to take a while, as its just a side project of mine.

Ok. That's cool.

EDIT
I just started thinking about that mod with all the fancy knights and decided to check on it. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom