Age of Blackpowder: Scandinavia (dead)

Users who are viewing this thread

bjorne.

Sergeant Knight
Hello everyone. As I promised you guys. There should be three expansions. One should be of the war between The Ottomans and The Austrians. One should be of napoleons campaign in eqypt. And one. This one should be of the Great Northern War and the Scandinavian struggle.

Come here. I'll tell you a story. The year is 1703. A great city called St. Petersburg has just been founded. And the pride of the Russian are now more than ever.
This is a time of war my son. A time of greatness and power. There where a war between two nations. The Tsardom of Russia. And the Kingdom of Svea.
And still if the war between the Sweds and the Danes was long gone. Did the hatred and the suspisions still live the air.
Denmark still held the land of Norway. Which could be a presiouse piece of land for the Sweds.
Though. Sweden couln't capture Norway. Since that could jeperdice the ownership of Finland.
And Finland would be a nice target for the Russian to capture.

So my son. If you could change history. If you could be the man. Who could give the opportunity to start another front.
To be the man. Who could conquer Norway in Swedens name. Or maybe lure the Sweds to capture Norway and thereby take Finland from them in the Russians name.
Or maybe flush the Swedish troops out of sweden to conquer Russia and thereby stab the sweds in the back at their own home country in the name of the Danes.
If you could do all this. What would you do? What could you manage to do? What would you be willing to do?

Would you be the conquerer of Scandinavia?

Planned Factions
Sweden
Denmark
Russia
Prussia
(not sure of)
Poland-Lithuania (not sure of)

Planned Features
Formations
Naval Battle
Hand Grenades
Firearms
Realistic Battles
Historical Correct
Soldiers respond when given orders (like Yes sir!)
Firing by rank
New Mounts
Moral System (though the men got more moral)
Shield Bashing
Even newer particle systems
More diplomatic options

Planned Faction Strengths and Weaknesses...
Denmark - Strength: Marines
                  Normal: Cavalry, Pikemen
                  Weakness: Infantry

SwedenStrength:  Heavy Cavalry
                  Normal: Regular Infantry, Marines, Pikemen, Light Cavalry 
                  Weakness: Light Infantry

Russia -    Strenth: Regular Infantry, Pikemen, Special (bombardiers)
                Normal: Light Cavalry
                Weakness: Marines, Heavy Cavalry, Light Infantry

Troop Lists:
Sweden:
            Hackapell (heavy cavalry)
            Marinsoldat (marine)
            Sjöman (low-class marine)
            Karolin (line infantry)
Russia:
            Preobrazhensky Guard (line infantry)
            Siemenovskii Guard (line infantry)
            Streltzy (melee militia infantry)
Denmark:
            Landsoldat (line infantry)
            Froman (marine)
            Sjoman (low-class marine)

What do you guys think so far. I will do more later on...

No. all of those tries where done by one man.. no names to be mensioned. BUT IT WAS TAVENER! I HAVE CLEAR EVIDENCE IT WAS TAVENER!

Have you fired him? He has a sterling reputation of finishing mods. I'm offering myself as researcher and a tacky retexturer for any of Dain Ironfoot's Meshes from the OSP Uniform pack. And I can simply edit the OSP hats if you want. I've removed the mask from the tricorne and extended the Hanover hat to a skirmisher's hat.

Noticed the mention of Formations.
Are you planning to implement the Form Ranks Mod? Hope so as it would seem to really suit this mods era.

Edit: once again, a little more effort on my part would have revealed the further mention of Fire by Rank. Please just ignore me.

Venitius said:
Have you fired him? He has a sterling reputation of finishing mods. I'm offering myself as researcher and a tacky retexturer for any of Dain Ironfoot's Meshes from the OSP Uniform pack. And I can simply edit the OSP hats if you want. I've removed the mask from the tricorne and extended the Hanover hat to a skirmisher's hat.
Show your work! I am glad to have you here!

MoToM said:
Are you planning to implement the Form Ranks Mod? Hope so as it would seem to really suit this mods era.
No...

Btw. I started on the first soldier.. He is not done yet. But his uniform and boots are...
This is the Danish Landsoldat...
danish.jpg

I'll contribute in doing some uniform texturing + editing troops and weapons with the troop/item editors... Tell me and I'll do it! :grin: Nice uniform for the Danish!

JDeNef13

bjorne. said:
What do you guys think so far....

Good news, I've been hoping for this to get started quite a long time..

A little suggestions for my side would be making the danish marines the strenght of denmark, and making their regular infantry normal or weak.. The danish pride have always been its skilled sailors (well, at this time we could thanks Norway for that) and its fleet..

I might have overseen it but I couldn't find any "new map" feature.. Are you planning this? I think Naglfaar have made an OSP scandinavia map you could use..

bjorne. said:
Btw. I started on the first soldier.. He is not done yet. But his uniform and boots are...
This is the Danish Landsoldat...
danish.jpg

Are you going to be make the names of the troops in their national language? ("Landsoldat" instead of "Infantry" as an example)..

Good luck with this, I can't help because I'm busy on Europe 1200, but if it comes I'll try it out for certain..

Well I just managed to edit the grenadier hat to be more like a Mitre cap. Currently it has a shoddy texture, but it'll get better.

I just noticed your factions list. Poland is definitely a good one to have. Saxony was technically the power that dragged Poland into the war, so they could be an option as well.

Bjorne, there's this film, Sluga Gosudarev (it's Russian) it is set in the Great Northern War, and at the end, the battle of Poltava is featured.

But I advise everyone to be careful with that film. It's basically a Russian version of the Patriot. 2 people manage to own a Swedish patrol of like 30 men, and then, some Russian Peasant Women with pitchforks manage to kill them. Also, it's inaccurate. It shows a scene of a Swede Soldier shooting a Russian Woman and burning down Russian Villages. Swedish troops would get hanged if they did that in real life. Also, it shows Swedes firing a volley, and only killing 7 Russians, but when the Russians fire back, it shows like 50 Swedes falling to the ground.

Battle of Poltava scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24gQKRF9aJ0

Oh yeah! Finally a mod to present my homeland Norway, yay. This sounds interresting!

I'll just mention that I might be interrested in helping in with small tasks if it is needed, but I will probably not make any models, because im not to skilled and im very busy right now and in the future with school. If you want any Norwegian language in the game or for troop names, I'm at yout service. I could probably help a little with Danish and Swedish to, but of course I know my own language better than those, though I pretty easly understands Swedish and Danish.

Me and some other Scandinavians was making a mod about a war in scandinavia just 40 years before The Great Northern War, som time ago. Unfortunately we was all very unskilled, so it was a dead end project, but we did a lot of research and made some few models, which I can show you, so you can use them, if they are good enough.

Edit: Well, I've found that the old files from our mod project is a large mess. I will see through them and see what I find that could be of use for you.

But I have a lot of links to pages with information about different things, here are some:

Chakoten - Dansk Militærhistorisk Selskab (translated: Danish military history company): http://www.chakoten.dk/ (It is in danish but you could translate it or I could translate parts of it for you)

A Swedish site about the swedish forces Karolinerna: http://www.karoliner.com/ (It is in Swedidish, but ... same options as the Daish one)

Think we had some English ones to. Will take a look and post them later. Also will post screenshots of our (mostly poor) models, but maybe some could be of use for you. I hope so!

The best luck making this mod! I'm looking forward to it!  :wink:

I'm sure models would be greatly appreciated, especially hats. The website you gave is rather useful, and for us in/may be in the team, it's a useful source if you're not Scandinavian.

JDeNef13 said:
I'll contribute in doing some uniform texturing + editing troops and weapons with the troop/item editors... Tell me and I'll do it! :grin: Nice uniform for the Danish!

JDeNef13
This time I will not loose my Module System. So no text editing needed.

Venitius said:
Well I just managed to edit the grenadier hat to be more like a Mitre cap. Currently it has a shoddy texture, but it'll get better.
Nice. I've tried making one. Though no rather good success. I am still working on it..

Cruger said:
A little suggestions for my side would be making the danish marines the strenght of denmark, and making their regular infantry normal or weak.. The danish pride have always been its skilled sailors (well, at this time we could thanks Norway for that) and its fleet..
Thanks for the information! Will sure do!

Cruger said:
[I might have overseen it but I couldn't find any "new map" feature.. Are you planning this? I think Naglfaar have made an OSP scandinavia map you could use..
Yes. I planned to use Naglfaar's..

Cruger said:
Are you going to be make the names of the troops in their national language? ("Landsoldat" instead of "Infantry" as an example)..
I will.. Though the name of the country will be english. So like

Danish Landsoldat
Swedish Karolin or Swedish Högvakt

Colonel_Ryan said:
Good Luck, Bjorne.
Thank you!

Akselst said:
Oh yeah! Finally a mod to present my homeland Norway, yay. This sounds interresting!

I'll just mention that I might be interrested in helping in with small tasks if it is needed, but I will probably not make any models, because im not to skilled and im very busy right now and in the future with school. If you want any Norwegian language in the game or for troop names, I'm at yout service. I could probably help a little with Danish and Swedish to, but of course I know my own language better than those, though I pretty easly understands Swedish and Danish.

Me and some other Scandinavians was making a mod about a war in scandinavia just 40 years before The Great Northern War, som time ago. Unfortunately we was all very unskilled, so it was a dead end project, but we did a lot of research and made some few models, which I can show you, so you can use them, if they are good enough.

Edit: Well, I've found that the old files from our mod project is a large mess. I will see through them and see what I find that could be of use for you.

But I have a lot of links to pages with information about different things, here are some:

Chakoten - Dansk Militærhistorisk Selskab (translated: Danish military history company): http://www.chakoten.dk/ (It is in danish but you could translate it or I could translate parts of it for you)

A Swedish site about the swedish forces Karolinerna: http://www.karoliner.com/ (It is in Swedidish, but ... same options as the Daish one)

Think we had some English ones to. Will take a look and post them later. Also will post screenshots of our (mostly poor) models, but maybe some could be of use for you. I hope so!

The best luck making this mod! I'm looking forward to it!  :wink:

Norway here is just a piece of Denmark...

Any help is help!

Yea. With Tavener in lead. I know. Ehm.. well the funny part was. That when your team disbanded. He came to me and asked if we could work together and I said sure. Then he was inactive like hell and I resigned him from the list. And then he took my mod. Changed map and city names. Some soldiers names and called it his mod... The funny part is.. Danish Blackwatch... I love that one.. and Finnish Cossacks..

I am swedish. So no problem..

Back
Top Bottom