Age of Blackpowder: Scandinavia (dead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well there is the problem of clipping boots. They're dodgy when the wearer is on a horse. OSP doesn't provide much except the hats for Russian militia and ordinary marines.. Horse variation would be nice, there are good hunter style horses in OSP. OSP Clothing has good enough boots, as does a retex of Native's boots. The OSP steampunk has decent civilian clothing too. We can improvise Cuirassiers, and leather jerkin and Dain's uniforms can be used for most, if not all uniforms.

bjorne. said:
Norway here is just a piece of Denmark...

Any help is help!

Yea. With Tavener in lead. I know. Ehm.. well the funny part was. That when your team disbanded. He came to me and asked if we could work together and I said sure. Then he was inactive like hell and I resigned him from the list. And then he took my mod. Changed map and city names. Some soldiers names and called it his mod... The funny part is.. Danish Blackwatch... I love that one.. and Finnish Cossacks..

I am swedish. So no problem..

yellow: Yes I know, but then still it is representing my country, only under the Danish king. BTW. Denmark wasn't named Denmark at the time, but Denmark-Norway. An important fact! Also you should know that even though Norway was ruled by Denmark, it had its own leader (that controled Norway and the Norwegian wealth) which were called The Man of State (Eller stattoverhode på Norsk). This was a norwegian, or sometimes danish man (living in Norway/Norwegian citizen), appointed by the Danish king to control Norway. So Norway was self controlled, and we had our own army! So in my opinion Norway could be an own faction in the game, but of course it's not totally necessary. But remember that Norway should have their own Norwegian troops with Norwegian uniforms, and not soldiers from the Danish Royal Army.

red: Well, I would love to help and as I said I can help with researching. I may contribute some models, but I don't have time to make a lot, because I'm allready working as Beta tester for 1866, and me and a friend of mine is making a little modification together (and we have quite a lot of models to make!), and as I mentioned earlier SCHOOL!  :sad:... Anyhow I will do my best to help this mod, because I have for long wished to make/get a mod like this for MaB.

blue: Hehe, well I'm not surprised! One of the large problems we had in the Scand. mod team was that he just had to be in carge of everything, and if we were to do anything related to the mod (anyone in the team), he had to agree with that orelse we couldn't do it. The problem then was that I was the one really in charge and managing everything, but whenever I was planning anything I had to discuss everything with him, before I did it, and well... I couldn't get things to work and... it all becomed a complete mess!

If I ever make a mod again which I am in charge of, I will be in charge of it and not somebody else!

purple: Well great scandinavian brother, make a mod to show our proud nations story (excluded the wichprocesses).

let's summorise this with..

Denmark will be called Denmark-Norway.
Tavener is a jerk.
and we both are scandinavian.
oh and. ya. You are capable to help out. Then if you wanna help. You could allways do either a "Elk" model or/and a "Bicorne" model..

A suggestion: Shouldn't the marines NOT wear a pack as in theory, because they primarily served aboard ships, had the ships carry all their equipment?

bjorne. said:
Tavener is a jerk.

Indeed.

I remember I promised you some models, and well here I have one:

ild4c9.jpg
Karoliner Hat - Ment to fit a regular Karoliner Infantry soldier.

Triangles: 194
Texture: Single map, 256x256 pixels

Also I have made a musket (a 1690's French Fusil de Chasse model), It's not textured yet, but I could do so if you would like to use it.

Here is a picture of the musket with a random tree texture (which I will absolutely not use on the final model):
2i08854.jpg

It's not finished so i can't say how man triangles, and texture size, but I guess around 700 triangles. Can reduce if you want.

Edit: Some other models I made for Scand. mod was a house (useless), A crate (useless), A barrel (probably useless), and I made a pair of skis. I just have to add a ehm.. binding (Binding på Norsk, du vet sånn festegreie), and then they are finished. We had a plan in Scand. mod to animate a guy skiing, but that's probably very hard to do, so you could use them as a scene prop!  :wink:

Well with OpenBrf, it appears it may not be so difficult after all. Nice tricorne by the way.

Oh I edited one of Native's boots to be more like cavalry boots since Dain's have clipping and rigging problems on horseback.

Venitius said:
Well with OpenBrf, it appears it may not be so difficult after all. Nice tricorne by the way.

Oh I edited one of Native's boots to be more like cavalry boots since Dain's have clipping and rigging problems on horseback.

Well done, could you post a picture?

Venitius said:
Graah, it didn't work since the boots appear in the wrong position.

Just forget then, maybe I can look on the model when I have time (you send me the file), but not these days, I'm to busy right now.

Reason: I can check if they are the right type of boots. Remember that they weard very different shoes in the beginning of the 18th century, than in the beginning of the 19th century (around napoleons time).

Venitius said:
A suggestion: Shouldn't the marines NOT wear a pack as in theory, because they primarily served aboard ships, had the ships carry all their equipment?
Very true...

cdvader said:
Anyway, good luck with the mod.
Thanks!

Akselst said:
I remember I promised you some models, and well here I have one:

ild4c9.jpg
Karoliner Hat - Ment to fit a regular Karoliner Infantry soldier.

Triangles: 194
Texture: Single map, 256x256 pixels

Also I have made a musket (a 1690's French Fusil de Chasse model), It's not textured yet, but I could do so if you would like to use it.

Here is a picture of the musket with a random tree texture (which I will absolutely not use on the final model):
2i08854.jpg

It's not finished so i can't say how man triangles, and texture size, but I guess around 700 triangles. Can reduce if you want.

Edit: Some other models I made for Scand. mod was a house (useless), A crate (useless), A barrel (probably useless), and I made a pair of skis. I just have to add a ehm.. binding (Binding på Norsk, du vet sånn festegreie), and then they are finished. We had a plan in Scand. mod to animate a guy skiing, but that's probably very hard to do, so you could use them as a scene prop!  :wink:
Very nice work.. I see that the musket is from the other mod right? That you never finished. well hell.. Then the not finishing part was good..

BTW all! Kolba has just handed over the Module System! The Coding starts tonight!

SovietSoldier said:
It looks more like a Kentucky Rifle.

Well, all rifles looks very similar to me. They all have a barrel were the bullets/gunpowder comes out, a stock/handle to hold them, and a trigger to fire with.

EDIT:

BTW. Here is some sites for you Bjorne:

About Karolinerna: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karoliner and http://www.bgf.nu/historia/3/karoliner.html
Svenska Krigsarkivet: http://62.20.57.210/kra/index.html and http://62.20.57.210/kra/0429.html

And this that might be of help: http://www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/swedhis/swed1660.htm

Back
Top Bottom