Age of Blackpowder: Scandinavia (dead)

Users who are viewing this thread

It's good. Apart from the fact that I don't understand most of the annotations, I can at least guess. Russia is good, but Denmark is lacking. The Danish uniforms start at 1760, unfortunately. There are none earlier, which I need.

Here's some of the work KLA did for the Danes. some of it is SYW era, and some things might not be correct for the GNW units as there are few reliable sources other than the War Museum in Copenhagen :razz:

denmarkjn5.jpg

Top row from left to right:
Danish Officer (?), Danish Musketeer (1710), Danish Guard (?) (note: there was no buckle on the brim of the hat), Danish Grenadier (1710), Danish bombardier (1710).

Second row, left to right:
Danish Pikeman (1710) (note: Pikes were abandoned by the Danish army before the GNW), Everything else in this row is seven years war era.

Thrid row, left to right:
General (1710), Dragoon (1710), Reiter (1710) (should look like this http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj142/HungDK16/2DK.jpg ), Cuirassier (1710) (not sure if this is accurate), Cuirassier Guard (1710) (again. unsure if this is accurate).

Bottom Row, Left to Right
Cavalry Officer (1710) (unsure if this is correct), Everything else in this row is Seven Years War Era.

Hope that Helps :smile:

They're good, but not the most detailed/helpful ones. I mean, you can't see the front of the dragoon's uniform, which is the important bit.

AKU said:
The hackapells had metal breastplates, and some kinds of helmets similar to the morion.
They carried a sword and 2 pistols.

btw, Hackapells are light cavalry.

We've already been through this, the Hackapelliitas were disbanded in 1658, more than 40 years before the Great Northern War even started. Hence useless to keep talking about them.

About the picture that Herr_Lindstrom required I also see little value, now I have no greater knowledge in how the Danish uniforms looked like but I do have knowledge in military fashion of the times and I gotta say many of them models looks unplaced, the details are just wrong.

Now seeing how they're actually models and therefore might had restrictions on how to look I would say the top First and Second one is okey for the area, as is the 4th one, and possibly the 5th one. Then it's just the first one on the second row, first and second one on the third row and the the first one in the last row.

The rest is either from the late 1600s, (1670s-80s perhaps) or as stated from the Seven Years War era.

Well I managed to do some kind of Russian cavalryman, it could be either a dragoon or a horse grenadier, I'm inclined to think the second one as I believe foot grenadiers or guards wore blue?

Well this mod is supposed to simulate the GNW so yes Norway should be part of Denmark.... but with their own troop tech tree because of the Skilobers (dont make them have skiis but make them "fast" on the map and good athletics so they're fast runners in battle)

Norwegian regiments used similar colors for their regiments but there are a few that are very.... different. and also the Tricorner hat was not so "standard issue" during campaign. fact: some regiments had standard issue "Kabuds" it's similar to the Swedish Karpus or russian Kartuz

I'd vouch for Poland but not prussia. they weren't involved in the GNW. they were busy during the Spanish Succession War. But making Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth would be a great task indeed because the diversity of their army during the time of the GNW.

To clarify, these were the combatants in the Great Northern War

Sweden
Denmark (Then Denmark-Norway)
Russia
Poland (Commonwealth) 
and Saxony

Now August the Strong was sitting on the throne of both Poland and Saxony at the time but they had their own troops, though I think we could leave out the Saxon ones. The conflict was mainly between Poland, Russia and Sweden, seeing how Denmark was forced out of the war the first year. After defeating the Russian army at Narva in 20th November 1700 the Swedes marched into Poland where they would spend many years until they finally forced August of the Throne of Poland and placed a puppet, after this success there were only Russia left, Sweden marched on Moscow got held up in Ukraine and the army was but nothing after the disaster at Poltava. After this disaster August and Denmark rejoined the war, Charles XII went into exile for 6 years in the Ottoman Empire before returning to Sweden where he build a new army, attacked Norway to force Denmark yet again out of the war, the king got shot in the head during a siege and the rest is history.

Poor his majesty!

Good question, Sweden had many important cites that without doubt have to be in the game seeing how most of em was the goal of the whole war (I.E The Baltic cities - Reval, Riga, etc) So perhaps 1 city per region (I.E Estonia, Livonia, Ingiria, etc)

Back
Top Bottom