Again the double weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, yes, I know how you love it.  :smile:

But I want to try to express their thoughts in detail.

So everyone knows German rapier. This stylish and sometimes useful weapon, but it does have many disadvantages: poor cutting blows, inefficiency, if the enemy came close. Now the idea.  For example, the enemy was able to reflect your attack and came close.  You press the X button and switch to the next melee weapon. This is a dagger - an independent weapon, but it uses a mirror animations  of right hand for left hand (a standart 4 strikes). The dagger has its advantages - speed, powerful cutting blows. But its drawbacks - the length, perhaps absence of the blocks. If the enemy begins to break the distance, you switch back to the normal "right" rapier.

Benefits:
1) Originality.
2) The opportunity for a new, more flexible style of combat.
3) Place for daggers. Now, they are not worth spent slot.
4) As a bonus, the opportunity for, for example, a sword (single) for the left hand. I think a lot of left-handers in real life would not mind.

I would say it would most likely take a lot of work for what is essentially a gimmick. Yes, it would be "cool", but it wouldn't be nearly as useful as you try to paint it. When someone closes the distance you can just backpedal into the sunset and you're good, no need for an offhand weapon. And the fact, that you see people with daggers all the time kind of disagrees with you saying they're useless, especially since most of them can block now.

Well, these people made ships.  :smile: The module has long been stuck in development, each version brings just another shuffle of numbers for weapons. No innovations, except penetration.

backpedal - It is the curse of the game. If this limit, I'll be happy.  In addition, particularly for the weapon with one normal stroke is not a panacea. Yesterday, I hit one famous person three times in the head without a helmet. He survived.

First, the blocks with the dagger may soon disappear. Secondly, the dagger with the block even more meaningless than without it.

All I can say is that it doesn't make much sense, neither practically or historically. Off-hand implements such as daggers or bucklers were never used in isolation from their right-handed rapier counterpart. They were by definition were used in unison. It is not, and should not be treated as, a matter of on and off.

Well, actually, I suggested it only in pair with a rapier.  :smile:
And more, this is a game. Historicity, is when a person with an arrow in the shoulder or knee maimed, rather than fight on.

Your statement:

NightHawkreal said:
You press the X button and switch to the next melee weapon. This is a dagger - an independent weapon, but it uses a mirror animations  of right hand for left hand (a standart 4 strikes).

My response:

Yngvald said:
Off-hand implements such as daggers or bucklers were never used in isolation from their right-handed rapier counterpart.
They were by definition used in unison. It is not, and should not be treated as a matter of an on and off sort of thing.

I should probably point out that the fact that you made an entirely different thread this time around in no way changes the fact that this is in still a suggestion, which, in case you've forgotten, means that it, along with all other suggestions, belongs in the suggestion thread.

M & B has its own limitations, we have to take this into account. 4 strikes and 4 blocks, max.
By the way, now, the knife is used as a completely independent weapon of dubious utility. It's just not worth the slot. If combine it with the rapier, it will add more sense. Technically, it is not completely independent weapon.

This is not quite the usual suggestion.
And I'm going to continue with this topic, I just need to make a few screenshots.

Back
Top Bottom