after 550 hours of multiplayer, I uninstalled

Users who are viewing this thread

- An atrocious amount of glitches. Animation skipping when you attack from getting up (knocked down), animation of x swing on your screen shows as a different animation on the enemy screen. For example countless times I have attacked from my right, readying a right to left strike and my character will do some dumb **** and attack from another angle DESPITE the animation showing that I am readying an attack from another angle. Archery through shields, glitchable huts, ghostshots, throwing not registering. Swing ready/kick/slash glitch, the most cheesy way to open an opponent, an abusable glitch.

- Stances, shield bash. The most pathetic excuse to add pseudo-depth in the game. Shield bash is the most annoying, ez mode interrupt ever in existence and it should be removed totally. Stances add nothing but clunkiness in the game and furtherly slow down the already slow the nature game to a yawnfest.

- Cavalry. Cavalry is the class that carries bad players effectively removing any skill needed to get a kill in the game. It has been broken since 2019 and it's still in a pathetic state with top damage, top utility, top interruption and top global presence. They do not knockdown teammates either. The sound cues are bad for them aswell. It's a literal tank.

- Delays, slowed down gameplay. The most stupid decision ever made by TW, to appeal to the realistic kids who think realism is good for a game. I cannot play infantry combat over 10 seconds with drooling from boredom in this hit/block/hit/block sequence. Infantry has been in a pathetic state since last year. They move as slow as chickens and they are BORING to play. It takes about 5 years to move from one point of the map to another. I instantly quit any empire matches due to how slow the infantry moves.

- Class system. The biggest abomination I have ever seen out in any video game I have played in multiplayer. Bad design, limited, restricting, bad looking when it comes to aesthetics, 80% of perks are bad choices, unviable classes because some dev thought it was actually a good idea in a skill-based game to feature both 0 armored and fully armored warriors. I have never ever seen a worse design choice than this pile of **** we call classes of bannerlord.

- Pros ignored. A smart company hires pros to design the game together. They do not get some random napoleonic wars kid to design the whole game and define native. You do not ignore the core playerbase. Because then you have less than 50 people on multiplayer, just like you have now.

- Patches are slow as ****. Patching a multiplayer game requires fast acting and meaningful changes. Instead we wait for 20+ days for a ****ing map rework that does not work anyway.

Rage mode off. If you decide to stay, good luck and I hope the future is brighter because we do live in the dark age of MnB franchise regarding multiplayer. I will still look on forums. I will be playing Valorant, because it scratches the same itch warband did (and CSGO). Fast paced combat, few hits to kill, meaningful positioning and movement and fluid as hell.

I agree with nearly this entire post: Cavalry without teamwound knockdown, slow combat speed, a boring and restrictive class system. These are all things that really make this game even worse. Out of all my steam friends who were excited to play Bannerlord, I struggle with finding even 1 of them that's actually willing to play the game with me now. Over 100 excited players, yet I fail to find even one that actually enjoys the multiplayer.

That's a paradox.

True, in terms of hours most players got their money's worth. We happily pay even more money for a game we only play for about 40 hours like Divinity 2: Original Sin. The point of this thread though is not about the hours, it's about the multiplayer.

The game's multiplayer is so poor, that its core playerbase is rapidly declining.

- It's very evident that whoever designs maps do not play mount and blade. If he did, he would already know about the camera issues, the corridor fighting and the plethora of problems that follow closed quarter combat.
NIN3 actually plays them its just rude, but the corridor and tree camera issues exist (doubt its in his hands to change them)

mp is just dead, thats no surprise if they put 0 resources into it

NIN3 actually plays them its just rude, but the corridor and tree camera issues exist (doubt its in his hands to change them)

mp is just dead, thats no surprise if they put 0 resources into it

I dont care who makes them and who fixes what, if the cooperation between map makers / camera workers / combat designers is not organic and fluid then you can expect that the game will have incosistencies and provide bad gameplay, which is very evident on Bannerlord regarding many aspects. I think it's about time someone told the dev team to get their **** together, because not only they ask 50 euros for a game, but they also made millions of euros already. Hire people.

That's a paradox.

You will do something you don't like doing, as long as it gives a positive feedback. Lot's of people smoke, it makes them feel good. Doesn't make it any less deadly, and doesn't mean they don't know its any less deadly.

I'm not saying Bannerlord is as bad as a known carcinogen, nor that it is equally addictive. But you can play something because it makes you feel good, or brings back nostalgia, but still think it is a flawed product. This is hardly a paradox.

All these threads bringing up legit points as to why the game isn't living up because of design decisions always gets derailed by retards reeing about things that don't matter, i.e trying to justify NW modes as not shallow.

A lot of good points are brought up by OP and there's no reason to continue developing the game if they're not addressed, as proven by the large quantities of people already leaving the multiplayer scene.

You will do something you don't like doing, as long as it gives a positive feedback. Lot's of people smoke, it makes them feel good. Doesn't make it any less deadly, and doesn't mean they don't know its any less deadly.

I'm not saying Bannerlord is as bad as a known carcinogen, nor that it is equally addictive. But you can play something because it makes you feel good, or brings back nostalgia, but still think it is a flawed product. This is hardly a paradox.
You just don't play something 550h and then say it's not the worth of 50€, no matter how flawed it is. I actually didn't read the rest of OP, because that alone statement is a complete paradox, so I don't know what was his reasoning.

You just don't play something 550h and then say it's not the worth of 50€, no matter how flawed it is. I actually didn't read the rest of OP, because that alone statement is a complete paradox, so I don't know what was his reasoning.

Nothing else to do in a global pandemic, no other large releases in terms of games, playing towards a 750 win badge in the vain hope that the game will be enjoyable by the time you do reach it... it’s hardly a paradox. Look past his first sentence and you’ll see why he hates the game and wants it to be better.

Nothing else to do in a global pandemic, no other large releases in terms of games, playing towards a 750 win badge in the vain hope that the game will be enjoyable by the time you do reach it... it’s hardly a paradox. Look past his first sentence and you’ll see why he hates the game and wants it to be better.
And it probably will get better, and then he will play it even more, on top of the 550 hours, and don't have to pay a dime. And the statement will get even more ridiculous. A lot of threads in this forum are plagued with this kind of irrational, attention seeking attitude. If he would've phrased it reasonably maybe his thoughts would've gotten across better.

Back
Top Bottom